What can increase acceleration?

Redcafe10

We live in Singapore.

Why need a car with fast acceleration or high top speed.

I see these Ferraris and Lambos driving around at 50kpm and I think wtf.

I agree you with 2 hands and 2 legs. I often lauff at them when I meet them at the next traffic light. But sometimes you just wan to overtake the irritating sonata taxi who cut you from nowhere ^_^

↡ Advertisement

We live in Singapore.

Why need a car with fast acceleration or high top speed.

I see these Ferraris and Lambos driving around at 50kpm and I think wtf.

Drive slow, so you can appreciate the nice styling & build quality meh, & hear the music notes that made longer meh.

Neutral Newbie

In my opinion, I think it is perfectly ok to mod the car abit (within your means) to gain some benefits out of it. Just make sure u do it wisely without compromise for safety.

It is easy for ppl to say get a better performance car but how many can really do it? Putting $2-3 k to improve the performance & enjoy e ride or pay $50k more to LUV e ride but feed on bread every month. So u got to weigh it urself. Just do wat u deem fit :D

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

sorry to hijack this thread...

do need some help from the experts. had an 'operated' muffler and went for 'decat' but now really hope can turn back time. sound louder~ but no power, so smelly during warm-ups and most importantly due for inspection soon.

from what i know, the 'decatted' part is call the extractor right? does this extractor comes with the midpipe? wanna try posting in 'WTB' folder but really no idea what i'm looking for. anyone know the price and where to get it?

for muffler, i can look for 2nd hand legal or stock exhaust right?

driving swift zc21... great thanks in advance!

in respond to the thread... best thing u do to your car is to stay 'stock'! dun regret like me~

• Praise 1

Lightest rim n tyres combination is the easiest to get good acceleration.

A normal MTB with fat or slim rear wheel is a world of difference when u use your leg power to accelerate!.

Same thing for car!!

• Praise 1

Hi bro,

I am new to car performance. Just curious to know what modificication is required that can increase accelerataion but stay LTA friendly as well.

I have heard many car with very loud engine noise (voom voom), does those meant for more power for the car? Legal?

Thanks in advance.

1 thing that affects acceleration a lot is weight.

If u can make your car as light as possible, yr acceleration wil improve. But then I dont think yr wife/GF n family/frens wil b happy sitting on the floor of the car.

• Praise 1

Those.really powerful cars are usually the hidden tigers.

They dun vroomvroom. You feel the engine's not the exhaust.

AND when they step on the accelerators,the cars will sprint faster than the cars with vroom vroom exhaust.

Those.really powerful cars are usually the hidden tigers.

They dun vroomvroom. You feel the engine's not the exhaust.

AND when they step on the accelerators,the cars will sprint faster than the cars with vroom vroom exhaust.

Yup just like those Maser, Ferrrari & Lambo posers. Those are just all noise.......not like the powerful lexus.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro,

I am new to car performance. Just curious to know what modificication is required that can increase accelerataion but stay LTA friendly as well.

I have heard many car with very loud engine noise (voom voom), does those meant for more power for the car? Legal?

Thanks in advance.

change your car [:p]

• Praise 1

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

No mention of budget:-

Trade-in for one with faster aceeleration.

Can install loud speakers wired to microphone positioned inside engine bay for louder noise, and its legal.

• Praise 1

Install a throttle controller.

Hi bro,

Thanks in advance.

• Praise 1

If you ask me, dont waste money on small mods like lighten crank pulley, cai, open pod etc.

Just TC!

Just add flux capacitor. No more worry about oil prices.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

If you ask me, dont waste money on small mods like lighten crank pulley, cai, open pod etc.

Just TC!

i think its very hard to say

small changes can make big differences

not only on FI but some NA too.

Edited by BoyBoyBalls
  • Praise 1