Direct Asia Insurance

Picanto

So you lied on the application form (about how many accidents) and this is DA fault how?

Then where did they get the idea that you were on 20% NCD - there seems to be a discrepancy there that you are not talking about.

he never claimed.

and all the accidents is not his fault. 3rd party claimable. so why is he penalised?

↡ Advertisement

So you lied on the application form (about how many accidents) and this is DA fault how?

Then where did they get the idea that you were on 20% NCD - there seems to be a discrepancy there that you are not talking about.

NOT ME LAH!

It is from another forum and the ts' nick and everything is there! Please read carefully before you fire your rounds! [hur]

Edited by Fitvip

Direct Asia seems to have a very strong defender shooting everyone who has any views different from his about them. [lipsrsealed]

Agree! [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Fitvip

Here is one:

evantan66

Direct Asia motor insurance nightmare - 08-03-2011, 03:36 PM

I PAID for a Direct asia motor insurance ONLINE in OCT 2010 and was accepted and received all cetificates/documents.

I received a call from them 5 months later in MAR 2011 and was told my policy will be terminated immediately after the call.

They said I was involved in 4 accidents(regardless of whether whose fault it was) in the past 3 years and my NCD was only 20% instead of 50% which I had input in the application form. They do not insure drivers with 3 or more accidents.

After checking with relevant departments, it was confirmed that my NCD was 50%.

The 4 "accidents" I was involved in were:

1. My car was hit by a taxi which sped off without stopping.(police report made)

2. My car was hit while it was parked in a car park.(reported to police in case someone claimed against me)

3. My car was slightly scrapped on the side by a bus which had encroached into my lane when it was making a turn(reported to police in case bus company claimed against me)

4. A motor bike crashed into my car during cornering as it was going too fast and could not keep in his lane.

I tried to get other online quotes from other companies but was rejected when I answered "YES" for this question. "Were you rejected or had a policy cancelled by another company before?"

Now my car sits in the car park until I can find another insurance policy.

Those looking to save a few dollars better beware!

BTW I have been driving since 1995 with 0 demerit points and 0 accidents caused by me.

Last edited by evantan66; 08-03-2011 at 05:22 PM..

I think if you have involved in an accident within 2 years, you can't proceed online, hence you need to call DA to declare the detail. If you did not declare the accidents thinking the 50% is good enough (with NCD protector, NCD not affected).

It is better for the owner himself to declare all detail to prevent future dispute, and not fill up the online form thinking it is fine.

Edited by Jman888

he never claimed.

and all the accidents is not his fault. 3rd party claimable. so why is he penalised?

I don't remember in the form it asks for how many accidents! All it asks is NCB %, Demerit points and claim record for the past 3 years!

I don't remember in the form it asks for how many accidents! All it asks is NCB %, Demerit points and claim record for the past 3 years!

it was stated on the first page when you fill up your particular!

"Number of accident in last 3 years"

it was stated on the first page when you fill up your particular!

"Number of accident in last 3 years"

oic. thks

Turbocharged

he never claimed.

IF not at fault then why hide? The best idea would have been to just declare and talk to an exec about the circumstances then no problems right?

TO DA its probably more about the lying than the accidents themselves.

And to anybody that wants to claim I am a DA "defender" - take a look at my registration date...WAAAAAY before DA even start business

Neutral Newbie

I have heard alot of cases whereby claims are rejected by aviva and direct asia due to modification like brakes and exhaust. You dont really hear that from those big companies like aig or axa. Anyway , direct asia's qoute is not so competitive for my car. Got my insurance through this company, www.sgcarinsurer.com. THey quoted me Chartis and end up its $300 lower than Direct asia....

Neutral Newbie

Just heard from my client today that one of his friend just got declined of his claim by direct asia due to modify ( Legal ) of exhaust. Bros out there with minor mod just be cautious....

Just heard from my client today that one of his friend just got declined of his claim by direct asia due to modify ( Legal ) of exhaust. Bros out there with minor mod just be cautious....

Declind of his claim ????? meaning your friend have to come out own $$$ to repair the vehicle?

I have heard alot of cases whereby claims are rejected by aviva and direct asia due to modification like brakes and exhaust. You dont really hear that from those big companies like aig or axa. Anyway , direct asia's qoute is not so competitive for my car. Got my insurance through this company, www.sgcarinsurer.com. THey quoted me Chartis and end up its $300 lower than Direct asia....

thats why i keep my car very stock.

hahahah i'm a boring man.

Today after talking to the customer service regards to "Offence Free discount", I was told that 0 demerit pts is not honor.

You must have Certificate of Merit from Traffic Police to prove.

Currently, I am insured by DA and was totally distrubed by this statement. Actually, I have renewed my policy online 2 weeks ago and paid the premium for the first two months installment. How can DA mislead the public on this "Offence free discount"? This really reflects badly on DA and I will cancel my policy.

The business ethics revealed that keeping to agreements and being open and truthful are the most important ethics in doing business, according to the majority of Singapore business respondents.

↡ Advertisement