Direct Asia Insurance

Picanto

Er, I seriously dun understand or see how DAI erred in this instance when they say that proof of "Offence Free Discount" is verified with e certificate thingy frm TP.

How else will they know that u are truly "Offence Free"? U gg to take an oath with e Commissioner of Oaths to ensure that what u said/wrote/declared is 100% truth?

Most if not all of us will receive this Certificate of Merit frm TP thru e post which we will then forward to our insurers to claim additional discount (usually 5% more) frm quotation. This practice been in place for awhile liao.

Hence, personally I dun see why u shd b disturbed and consider this a deviation frm proper business practice.

Just my tots....safe ride

Cheers

Edited by PSP415
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Since DAI can verify the certificate of merit from TP, driver also can submit 0 demerit pts printing from TP website.

To get a Certificate of merit, you need 3yrs clean records while 0 demerit pts is every year basis (in most cases).

So, there is a different.

DAI should request for exact description in their application request instead using general statement confusing to public.

Additional, DAI database system also questionable which I do not want to post here. Please look into your company guideline before public write to authority to investigate

Hmm, if data base system is questionable and warrants e authority to investigate, then do highlight to e authorities so that the public can b protected.

Based on yr explanation abv, I do understand e difference of what u meant abt 0 demerits based on yearly + Certificate of Merits (COM) which is posted out every 3 years. If DAI did nt make this "Offence Free Discount" to mean e COM then they certainly needs to amend their TC to reflect this.

Thnx for sharing + I am nt related to them or this industry.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

Still living in stone age arrh?

TP don't send COM cert now. It's freely available in their webby and believe insurance co has access to it as long as u submit your NRIC number.

Stone age? [:p] [:p] [:p]

Din knw cos e last time rec'vd seems like only 2-3 years ago....paperless liao for long? Thnx for sharing....nvr asked my regular insurance vendor cos his quote for me always lowest so far.

Safe ride + great wkend ahead!

Cheers

• Praise 1

Not too sure about DA, Aviva does not give COM discount.

Would reckon these online insurers that sell direct competing on low rates and choosing the lowest risk customers would have taken this into consideration. So, as long as you have demerit points in TP records, they would have rejected you.

This is what I meant. If you are not qualified to the online motor insurance guideline, you should get rejected immediately.

Not after paying the premium and received letter on the additional charges and all the misleading clauses and T&Cs from DAI.

It gives the impression of DAI, receiving your policy and collect premium first. Later disqualify your policy upon claim or ask an additional premium to cover your insured policy.

Btw, I calculated the certificate of merit carry a high percentage of the premium (above 10%) according to the premium calculated.

There is no business ethics from DAI being open and truthful what I have observed. This must be revealed to public to take note before someone fall between the cracks.

Edited by Tcx607

This is what I meant. If you are not qualified to the online motor insurance guideline, you should get rejected immediately.

Not after paying the premium and received letter on the additional charges and all the misleading clauses and T&Cs from DAI.

It gives the impression of DAI, receiving your policy and collect premium first. Later disqualify your policy upon claim or ask an additional premium to cover your insured policy.

Btw, I calculated the certificate of merit carry a high percentage of the premium (above 10%) according to the premium calculated.

There is no business ethics from DAI being open and truthful what I have observed. This must be revealed to public to take note before someone fall between the cracks.

Hi Tcx607, I'm very sorry to hear you feel that way about us. As you have directly questioned our ethics, and ethics are at the heart of our business I feel it's important to directly address this.

We feel that our processes and disclosure are very clear and straightforward on this matter:

The info button attached to Offense Free Discount states:

- If your No claims bonus is above 30%, your certificate of Merit from the traffic police entitles you to a discount over and above your NCD. This is your Offense free discount. Check here to get more info.

The link then takes you to the traffic police website where you can check your offense free status.

If the information filled out on application and the information that comes back from the traffic police disagree then I'd humbly suggest that it is unfair to put the blame on our staff and even more so to question our ethics. It may be useful to follow up with the traffic police to investigate why they are not giving you the certificate of merit.

Best regards ....

Not too sure about DA, Aviva does not give COM discount.

Would reckon these online insurers that sell direct competing on low rates and choosing the lowest risk customers would have taken this into consideration. So, as long as you have demerit points in TP records, they would have rejected you.

Hi Kangadrool, we do in fact offer insurance for people with demerit points, but it will be slightly more expensive than for people without demerit points.

I hope that helps ....

Drop by your office to renew our car insurance with DA last week.

Can see your office have expanded. It was just a small little office only last year.

You guys are doing well.

Hi Kangadrool, we do in fact offer insurance for people with demerit points, but it will be slightly more expensive than for people without demerit points.

I hope that helps ....

Can see your office have expanded. It was just a small little office only last year.

You guys are doing well.

Hi Hiphiphoray, thanks for your kind message. We hope we've brought something different to the market, and something of value. We know it's not the traditional way of doing things, and know that this sometimes brings flack with it. But we know that a lot of people are gaining from that in terms of price, service and convenience.

Happily we've just launched in Hong Kong last week too.

Take care ....

Turbocharged

:wub:[wave][thumbsup]

Here's an idea - why don't we all tell the truth to our insurance companies instead of complaining that they are out to cheat us!

Hi Tcx607, I'm very sorry to hear you feel that way about us. As you have directly questioned our ethics, and ethics are at the heart of our business I feel it's important to directly address this.

We feel that our processes and disclosure are very clear and straightforward on this matter:

The info button attached to Offense Free Discount states:

- If your No claims bonus is above 30%, your certificate of Merit from the traffic police entitles you to a discount over and above your NCD. This is your Offense free discount. Check here to get more info.

The link then takes you to the traffic police website where you can check your offense free status.

If the information filled out on application and the information that comes back from the traffic police disagree then I'd humbly suggest that it is unfair to put the blame on our staff and even more so to question our ethics. It may be useful to follow up with the traffic police to investigate why they are not giving you the certificate of merit.

Best regards ....

You guys are doing well.

doing very well at the expense of those being insured??

Hi Hiphiphoray, thanks for your kind message. We hope we've brought something different to the market, and something of value. We know it's not the traditional way of doing things, and know that this sometimes brings flack with it. But we know that a lot of people are gaining from that in terms of price, service and convenience.

Happily we've just launched in Hong Kong last week too.

Take care ....

EQ Insurance is always much more cheaper comapred to you all.

Directasia> I am glad you wrote to clarify your company processes.

I like to feedback, your system is at fault for online purchase. Since I am existing customer, upon keying my car registration number, the system should know I do not have certificate of merit. On the contrary, you ask for demerit pts and NCD %

Since DAI has clarified Certificate of merit is not equal to 0 demerit pts, please change you online application request for Certificate of Merit (Yes/No)

Very straight forward.

Dear DirectAsia,

I was actively checking out this thread (car insurance due) and my friend whom was your client had a accident.

Long story short car skidded due to oil stain, verified by EMAS, hit railing and didn't hit any cars.

The car is under his father name, he is not named as the named driver, he is 28yrs of age with more then 5 years of driving experience.

Currently he got news that because he wasn't the named driver, DA is voiding his insurance.

Is there anything that you can do to help my friend out?

Warmest Regards

↡ Advertisement