ENGINE FLUSH... So is it good or bad?

Ken4555

i 1st used engine flush on my coe car... thought it was good... started to have eo slight leaks... but dont know what was the cause thought it was just the engine being too old...

then found out many negetive stuff about engine flushes and told myself never to use it again... even thought i used it on my present car at 40k mileage and now at 80+k mileage there is no signs of any eo leaks... (touch wood)...

and now after reading additional info on ppl using eo to flush... flushing oils.... and lately marvel oil in the engine oil.... hmmmmm...

engine flush on a 80k mileage normal NA engine... should i or shouldnt i?.......

↡ Advertisement

i 1st used engine flush on my coe car... thought it was good... started to have eo slight leaks... but dont know what was the cause thought it was just the engine being too old...

then found out many negetive stuff about engine flushes and told myself never to use it again... even thought i used it on my present car at 40k mileage and now at 80+k mileage there is no signs of any eo leaks... (touch wood)...

and now after reading additional info on ppl using eo to flush... flushing oils.... and lately marvel oil in the engine oil.... hmmmmm...

engine flush on a 80k mileage normal NA engine... should i or shouldnt i?.......

Yo ken..i kena EO leakage when i flush at 40k ..not sure if it is cause by flushing..

now i flush every 10k lay..no problem so far..

Any car maker recommend engine flush or even gearbox flush ? Until now I don't see any.

I also kena EO leak after engine flush on my very old car 10 years ago.

Any car maker recommend engine flush or even gearbox flush ? Until now I don't see any.

I also kena EO leak after engine flush on my very old car 10 years ago.

That wad internet say... dun know true or not..

Engine flushing is a procedure that is used to clean the engine of sludge and other elements that build up in various parts of the machinery over time. The main purpose of the engine flush is to prolong the life of the engine. By performing an engine flush periodically, the internal components of the engine remain relatively clean and thus perform at optimum levels.

honda city?...

my sunny flush with OWS at 40k.... no problems....

now at 80+k... wondering if the flush will 'kill' the oil seals or gaskets?....

honda city?...

my sunny flush with OWS at 40k.... no problems....

now at 80+k... wondering if the flush will 'kill' the oil seals or gaskets?....

Ya is a old city liao...

if really kill the oil seals or gasket.. mine gone case liao.. i flush every 10k..

The leaks were there. They didn't show because the sludge was blocking them. Once you did the flush, it cleared the sludge revealing the leak.

so would you flush your engine? (mileage?)

I hv no reason to do an engine flush cos when open rocker cover, I found the internals still very clean. My mileage >100K km.

Maybe its more for a car been laid up for several years n the oil has already turned to sludge.

Otherwise with mostly all oils sold now with detergent properties, dont see a need to flush.

Don't do engine flushes.

Old engines those gathered sludge actually plug those holes that would cause leaks if the sludge was not there.

Flushing would flush those sludge away causing leaks.

New engines. Whats the point. Nth to clean.

aiyo bro, can tap my thread mah.. no need start new one.. ^_^

anyway, i did it cos "advised" by svc advisor haha... no harm done plus smoother engine, some more recommended (or advertised?) by AD in brochure.

have budget, will do. good or bad, we dunno until we open up to see engine b4 n after each flushing - have $ to experiment, anyone???

thank you everybody for your comments...

think i can better make a decision now... no need to flush.... ^_^

.... haiz... always backside itchy whenever read see any car article.... haha

aiyo bro, can tap my thread mah.. no need start new one.. ^_^

anyway, i did it cos "advised" by svc advisor haha... no harm done plus smoother engine, some more recommended (or advertised?) by AD in brochure.

have budget, will do. good or bad, we dunno until we open up to see engine b4 n after each flushing - have $ to experiment, anyone???

^_^

maybe if got free flush sample or in a packets i might try it again... but wont purposely go and buy bah...

Just change good engine oil every 10K and it will lasts. No need flush lah.

somemore my EO change every 5k one... [:p]

thank you everybody for your comments...

think i can better make a decision now... no need to flush.... ^_^

.... haiz... always backside itchy whenever read see any car article.... haha

Ya thats how many pple destroy their prized posession(car).

They love it to death.

↡ Advertisement