Gearbox issues; and problems at VW Service Centre

Presea

I do hope that it is a wet clutch but I am doubtful that they are using a DQ380 or better dsg?

I tried to do a search and couldn't find the answer. There is one commented that it is using DQ200, which is a dry clutch. Hmmm.

Thanks for your reply though.  [inlove]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-shift_gearbox

Name Ratios Max. torque (N·m) Clutch type DQ200 7 250 Dry DQ250 6 400 Wet DQ380[20] 7 380 Wet DQ500 7 550 Wet DQ511 10 550 Wet DL501 7 600 Wet

VW is in fact very reliable if you maintain it properly and avoid the problematic models.

Given today's context, you need to watch how the model survives in the market. Look out for massive outcry of 'quality' or 'design' problems (eg. The DSG7 dry) Avoid them and you will have a better shot. Don't limit yourself to the 'nationality' or brand of the vehicle. Choose wisely as cars are getting more expensive.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

VW is in fact very reliable if you maintain it properly and avoid the problematic models.

Given today's context, you need to watch how the model survives in the market. Look out for massive outcry of 'quality' or 'design' problems (eg. The DSG7 dry) Avoid them and you will have a better shot. Don't limit yourself to the 'nationality' or brand of the vehicle. Choose wisely as cars are getting more expensive.

Do you know whether the wet DQ380 is exclusive to the Chinese Domestic Market?

Do you know whether the wet DQ380 is exclusive to the Chinese Domestic Market?

I have heard the 380 is exclusive to Chinese DM.  is that true?

Supersonic

I have heard the 380 is exclusive to Chinese DM.  is that true?

Honestly I dont know.  

A MCFer better in mandarin, translated a link within the DSG subject from WiKi.  iirc, the link spoke of how this wet7 mitigates the issues of the dry7 & .....praise & praise how the DQ380 is made in their Chinanese factory & how world class their factory is.

• Praise 1

Honestly I dont know.  

A MCFer better in mandarin, translated a link within the DSG subject from WiKi.  iirc, the link spoke of how this wet7 mitigates the issues of the dry7 & .....praise & praise how the DQ380 is made in their Chinanese factory & how world class their factory is.

mm...advertising?

Since ur mk7 has 1 of the longest record of being free from dry7 related down time; u should post a long SOP on the 'TAO' of the dry7.

• Praise 1

No SOP.

I can only say probably I am one of the more fortunate ones. I kept my car stock, serviced at stipulated intervals in accordance with the manual and once a while, bring the car to some tyre shredding exercise with @Fels.

Then again my parts tend to wear off at an accelerated rate than others since I thrashed the car around like a lawn mower.

You treat your car like a slut.

Come on down to the meeting point with the usual guys. We are having noodles tonight. Let us see your slut with the new intercooler.

they should retrofit our useless DQ200 to the DQ380

Many things have to change. Parts source migration normally take years with engineering, legalities, quality, cost etc... all into consideration.

Come on down to the meeting point with the usual guys. We are having noodles tonight. Let us see your slut with the new intercooler.

Intercooler and the parts are all stock or OEM. What is there to see?

Hope you all have a great catching up.

Intercooler and the parts are all stock or OEM. What is there to see?

Hope you all have a great catching up.

We had a great catch up. We are planning for a trip up north soon.

(edited)

any good read on the latest jetta especially regarding its reliability?

You buy le then let us know okay???

There must be a reason why so many people are shunning away from jetta

Edited by Ivan_06

now fren just msg me his MU n clutch need to replace; cost 4K.

btw, not twin charged, not single charged, only 1.4 NA. coming 5th year iirc.

another update for those who still thinking of vw.

objectively, few yrs have passed n by right vw should have ironed out issues. but i wouldn't place 100k to bet on that, just like i wouldn't place this amount of bet in RWS / MBS, though i still get a car in the former.

• Praise 2

now fren just msg me his MU n clutch need to replace; cost 4K.

btw, not twin charged, not single charged, only 1.4 NA. coming 5th year iirc.

another update for those who still thinking of vw.

objectively, few yrs have passed n by right vw should have ironed out issues. but i wouldn't place 100k to bet on that, just like i wouldn't place this amount of bet in RWS / MBS, though i still get a car in the former.

NA? What car is that? Was there ever a NA paired with the DQ200? What were the symptoms of failure? Who did he go to for the diagnosis and replacement?

NA? What car is that? Was there ever a NA paired with the DQ200? What were the symptoms of failure? Who did he go to for the diagnosis and replacement?

1.4 normally aspirated vw polo; vag advised mu n clutch needed replacement, mileage est b 90k km, havent decided on replacement yet.

Many things have to change. Parts source migration normally take years with engineering, legalities, quality, cost etc... all into consideration.

Golf meet up?

↡ Advertisement