FC for Opel Combo - Advise Needed

Ix0107

Dear Bros/Sis.

Just to check if anyone knows whether changing the timing belt helps in reducing the FC cos I am currently on a 2006 combo 1.7m (approx 78XXXkm) and the FC is about 13-14km/l.... [:(]

Not sure if my FC is reasonable cos I've heard from some of my friends that my FC is pretty high and I've just collected my van a month ago?

Please advise...

PS. I will be changing it this weekend le... Please pardon me as I am being curious....

Many thanks...

↡ Advertisement

Dear Bros/Sis.

Just to check if anyone knows whether changing the timing belt helps in reducing the FC cos I am currently on a 2006 combo 1.7m (approx 78XXXkm) and the FC is about 13-14km/l.... [:(]

Not sure if my FC is reasonable cos I've heard from some of my friends that my FC is pretty high and I've just collected my van a month ago?

Please advise...

PS. I will be changing it this weekend le... Please pardon me as I am being curious....

Many thanks...

I drove the OPEL Combo DTI1.7 from 2004-2006. Average FC is 15 km/l based on my records of every diesel top-up and odometer readings.

I was a gentle driver, no sprinting, gradually pick up speed to 70km/h.

imho, I don't think changing timing belt would improve/affect FC. Do consider other factors that may affect FC - eg. driving habits, tyre pressure, routes taken, etc....

If you are changing the timing belt because of the overall 78XXX km, then this is a separate matter.

Cheers !!

Dear Bros/Sis.

Please advise...

Many thanks...

hi bro

congrats on your new ride. im sure you'll love every bit of it, just like i am, even after two years. :D

im guessing yours is the newer model combo with the sport rim and rear brake discs.

the timing belt is good for 60,000miles (approx. 100,000km) and so far i have never heard anyone commenting about improved FC after timing belt change.

your FC is normal for 1.7CDTi. one tank of 52L should get you around 700km. the reserve light should light up around 600-650km

the one that really fuel efficient is the 1.3CDTi which goes almost 900km for the same amount of diesel.

just fyi, you may want to ask around more at evc.sg because in this forum, most people are driving petrol-engined passenger cars and some here still have the mindset that our diesel eurovans are as noisy and dirty and slow as the SAF 3-tonner, which is not true.

that said, congrats again and drive safe!

Be prepared for the expensive flywheel/clutch changes !

Hi Bro.

Do you have any recommendation as to where can my clutch replaced with the lowest price as so far I found out that most of the combos owner will go to this workshop by the name of K** Li at AMK ind Park 2...

Please PM me with the address and contacts..

Many huge thanks... :D

Hi Bro.

Do you have any recommendation as to where can my clutch replaced with the lowest price as so far I found out that most of the combos owner will go to this workshop by the name of K** Li at AMK ind Park 2...

Sorry, dun own a combo. If most of owners go that workshop, must have a reason.Better to ask those who drive one.

Hi Bro.

Can try Thomas n Partner at AMK Ind Pk 2

Hi Bro.

i can recommend you to a place at kim chuan terrace they are pretty good at doing eurovans

i can recommend you to a place at kim chuan terrace they are pretty good at doing eurovans

Wat the shop name n address? Price reasonable?

↡ Advertisement