Japan earthquake: A Dog's loyalty

Wishcumstrue

There is a saying that worst of times bring out the best of mankind.

In this case, the animal-kind. Latest from Japan reporters who found this at one of the disaster sites:

↡ Advertisement

cant see anything linked to TS post.

Ultimate Loyalty: Japanese Dog Refuses to Leave Injured Friend Behind

there...the fren is another doggie la.

Edited by Csnewbie

Mankind can learn a lot from dogs about the qualities to aspire to, to be better people.

but there's still the usual group of people that view dogs as 'dirty' 'unholy' 'unlucky' and try all means to get rid of them.

While we are all focused on relief efforts for the Japanese people, lets not forget about the injured and helpless animals in this disaster.

I have made a donation via Paypal to the Japan SPCA who is raising funds for rescue work. Please do help if you are able to.

Nippon SPCA

(Tip: the Paypal payment link is on the right side, the Paypal page is in Japanese but there is an option to change the language at the top right)

Update:

Both dogs are now in safe hands.

The hero canine is now at a safe disaster shelter. I beliefe this is in Sendai city, based the clip text..

The other injured dog is currently being treated in a nearby clinic. Its friends' condition remains unknown.

You may follow the dog's status at Kenn Sakurai facebook @ http://ja-jp.facebook.com/kenn.sakurai1

Kenn is the President of Butch in Japan, which helps to import safe dog and cat food.

japan_dog_loyalty_medium.jpg

Update:

Both dogs are now in safe hands.

The hero canine is now at a safe disaster shelter. I beliefe this is in Sendai city, based the clip text..

The other injured dog is currently being treated in a nearby clinic. Its friends' condition remains unknown.

You may follow the dog's status at Kenn Sakurai facebook @ http://ja-jp.facebook.com/kenn.sakurai1

Kenn is the President of Butch in Japan, which helps to import safe dog and cat food.

^_^ ....

dogs are very smart animals.. thats why they are man's best friend.. yet some people chose to abuse them!

IMO, "smart" isn't the right word to describe the dog's behavior.

If it is "smart", then it would have run away from such dangerous zone, let alone stay put for so long....over 4 days.. from 11~15 Mar.

I'd rather call it "instinct" of care-giving, which we Human, somehow, begins to loose due ironically, cold Intelligence.

For those who managed to view the complete clip (its on youtube), the dog was wet, shivering and apparently lost and frighten.

I imagine these conditions for a moment and still cannot fathom a dog is capable such powerful instint which we call "loyalty".

Would you stay with an injured one after the entire place got swept by repeated tsunami at near-freezing temp, hungry, scared and the constantly getting after-shock tremors all around you?

I supposed only animals, not Human, can understand this.

Turbocharged

IMO, "smart" isn't the right word to describe the dog's behavior.

If it is "smart", then it would have run away from such dangerous zone, let alone stay put for so long....over 4 days.. from 11~15 Mar.

You are using the human yardstick to determine how "smart" the dog is. Even for humans, there are different measures for the young and adults, we say how "smart" a baby is, but does that baby necessarily know how to "run away from [a] dangerous zone"? There is no absolute measure of how "smart" a living thing is.

↡ Advertisement