Spray Painting

Passion

Hi guys, need you guys advise. How much to respray a car? last thursday, a contractor doing a spray painting job at my workplace, the paint particle fall onto my car. He has offer to send my car to polishing and I agree, but after polishing the some of the particle still there. The polisher said the paint may have eat into my paint work. Now, I'm offered respray. Thinking of bringing it back to toyota. I called up toyota and he quoted me $4300 to respray the whole car back to same colour. To me, I think it's a crazy price. So now you guys pls help, I heard of Lye design, is it good? Else, anywhere else got good one? Try to keep it to AMK or Sin Ming area. Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Since you are not the one paying, why bother the high cost.

Don't want to sabotage him lah. He paying for all the polishing for all the cars there. Estimated 20 to 30 cars paint work stained by the spray paint.

To answer ur question directly, I would suggest Sze Kang at Amk autopoint. You can google the contact number.

But honestly, if someone is paying for it I would take the borneo quote and spray there.

I agree. But they quoted 4.3k to respray? Reasonable mah? They give a inch, we cannot demand too much mah. I mean got to be fair to them since they didn't argue and readily try to make compensation. But 4.3k I personally think too much, so I don't want to kar them.

I agree. But they quoted 4.3k to respray? Reasonable mah? They give a inch, we cannot demand too much mah. I mean got to be fair to them since they didn't argue and readily try to make compensation. But 4.3k I personally think too much, so I don't want to kar them.

Good for you....agree we shd not take advantage of others kindness...good karma

Yep, cut people some slack. He has already offered to pay for the respray. $4300 is ridiculous. Which area do you want?

I done my van up at Hwa Seng Spray Painting at Sin Ming. Actually there got quite a lot of spray paint workshops. You might want to drop by there.

exactly,so i wondering any one got feedback about lye design? I heard that one buay pai. To me, If I can save him 2k, I'll ask him to sign a indemity form that if within 1 year the paint deteriorate, which is unlikely, he will have to do it again. He has to take the gamble and can spend another 2k for the rest of the car which is affected.

Lye design doesn't do spray painting himself anyway. He's more to panel beating. He pass the spray painting job to Phua Spray Painting on the same floor at AMK Autopoint.

Lye design doesn't do spray painting himself anyway. He's more to panel beating. He pass the spray painting job to Phua Spray Painting on the same floor at AMK Autopoint.

Is the phua spray painting good?

To answer ur question directly, I would suggest Sze Kang at Amk autopoint. You can google the contact number.

But honestly, if someone is paying for it I would take the borneo quote and spray there.

Is Sze Kang good?if good I might want to go there to do it.

Tks for the info. I knew Lye design panel beat my vehicle and then passed to a partner. At least now I know who was the one doing the good spraying job.

In my books so far, I will only goto Lye design (and indirectly Phua ) or Sze Kang. Have tried some others with unexpected results.

I heard that one buay pai. To me, If I can save him 2k, I'll ask him to sign a indemity form that if within 1 year the paint deteriorate, which is unlikely, he will have to do it again.

U should ask the sprayer to give u a warranty on the spray job instead.

If your car is new then why bother about money.

It is because not I pay. So I try not to fleece him.

↡ Advertisement