Indonesia : Jakarta, Bogor and Bandung

Genie47

im planning to go on a 4d3n trip as i do not wanna squeeze too many activities in 1 day. otherwise will come back fm holiday feeling more tired than b4 going. now airasia has gd rate for flight to bandung.

Go for the indoor theme park trans studio bandung, then shop at outlets, go paris van java and maybe go tangkuban perahu and can try to go puncak and bogor

↡ Advertisement

Go for the indoor theme park trans studio bandung, then shop at outlets, go paris van java and maybe go tangkuban perahu and can try to go puncak and bogor

hmm... if got transport, try sate lembang with kopi tebruk at warungs in Lembang :D

my plan so far is like this:

1st day - aft check in go for lunch n shopping trip. chiampelas walk, PVJ, outlets store...n reach back hotel not too late for early rest.

2nd day - go to tangkuban perahu aft bfast, visit strawberry farm. may hv time to squeeze in another place or 2 without being too tired.

3rd day - still planning.

overall, i wouldnt want to b out for the whole day. preferably get to spend a few hrs each day in the hotel premises n rest. afterall, going for holiday is to recharge. n it'll b a waste to pay so much for hotel but dont enjoy it.

Intend to visit Bandung in Dec. Trying to do some meetings there at the same time. Any lobangs for personal driver that do not cheat? Which hotel is smack right in the middle of the shopping district or outlets?

I travelled to Sumatra Dumai 2 weeks for business, noticed there cars about 99% all are MPV/SUV/Hatchback, and 99% of them are Japanese brands, and 90% of them are Toyota, MPVs mostly Innova 2.0 similar as Wish, SUVs are Rush, RAV4, CRV, Fortuner , Prejro, etc, occasionally saw Landcuriser, LX570, Nissan Patrol, only non Japanese brand is few Chevrolet Captiva,

very few of Sedan, and never saw any Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW...

1st time saw a country its peoples buy car like that taste [:p]

I travelled to Sumatra Dumai 2 weeks for business, noticed there cars about 99% all are MPV/SUV/Hatchback, and 99% of them are Japanese brands, and 90% of them are Toyota, MPVs mostly Innova 2.0 similar as Wish, SUVs are Rush, RAV4, CRV, Fortuner , Prejro, etc, occasionally saw Landcuriser, LX570, Nissan Patrol, only non Japanese brand is few Chevrolet Captiva,

very few of Sedan, and never saw any Mercedes, BMW, Audi, VW...

1st time saw a country its peoples buy car like that taste [:p]

U continue to live there then u will know

My family used to own bmw 3 series, better pray it wont rain when you goes to shopping mall or else cant go home Liao. Also why u drive a luxury car in kampong? Its same thing as asking asking people to rob u lol

The road, so many potholes and if sedan with full load mean under carriage at risk. Since the road is prone to flood, u notice shophouses has higher Level compared to the street. So u need high ground clearance or else passengers go down first.

In places like dumai or small cities, u wont get to see luxury cars as mostly in Jakarta, Surabaya or maybe batam. To them innova is a luxury, pajero or fortuner will be upper class.

So its practical to get SUV and Japanese brand are more reliable and easier to repair when tio flood. If I were to live in Indonesia, I would get a pajero :D

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Yup. Their road condition and big family members need to have a vehicle like SUVs, MPVs, etc. And their Toyota are all locally-made.

Thinking of making a short trip to Bogor some time in December. Anything/ places to recommend?

Bogor got zoo and can see dragons.

:D

• Praise 1

Thinking of making a short trip to Bogor some time in December. Anything/ places to recommend?

bring umbrella if you go bogor in December.

I'm assuming u r going either via JKT or Bandung?

the istana bogor is quite a decent place to chill. Not as well maintained as our botanic gardens but have deer running around the compound.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bogor_Palace

if you golf, try bogor raya. Pretty pricey by indo standards but is one of the excellent courses in greater JKT region. Very beautiful course. If you don't mind travelling, there are a few other mountain courses within 30min-60min drive outside bogor.

http://bogorraya.co.id/kgbr/

apart from that, not much to do in bogor in my opinion. U can make a trip to hilly Puncak for the cooler temperatures n visit tea plantation (kinda like Cameron highlands). Go on weekday as it gets lots of traffic on weekends. Also has some outlet shops but these are mostly selling low quality knockoffs. As I told my friend once, first you choose the jeans design, then u choose what brand/label you want on it.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Puncak

• Praise 2

I used to drive to bandung in the morning and back to jakarta in the evening.

Not very far. But it's wise to avoid weekends especially long weekends.

Oh!  I didn't know that Bandung is so close to Jakarta.  Roughly how many hours drive?

I won't drive there but just kpo kpo asking for my general knowledge.

It is about 2 plus hours away.

Part of the highway especially in the hills are not tar roads....rather they are cement. So be careful as it is bumpier to drive on.