Chevrolet 2011 Cruze OR Kia 2011 Cerato Forte

Haziqko

CRUZE Vs FORTE  

443 members have voted

1. 1. CRUZE Vs FORTE

• CRUZE
    • FORTE

We know these cars are not so new but would like to see which is the better car.

not a easy choice for me........... but i put Cruze by a very narrow margin... more conti-look i guess

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

gentlemen :)

I'm looking for a family car.

I am looking at these 3 too. Cruze LS, forte 2011, avante 2011.

Forte is nice and cool. But 30k more compare to last year. Sigh.

Avante got the awesome design too. Not that keen though, somehow.

My current first choice is cruze. Safe. Steady. Good features. Though no good warranty and service package.

Wanted to get a Honda. Super overpriced lo, even for a City. Gave up.

My concern is: is now a good time to get a car. Coe really gonna surge like no body business???

Neutral Newbie

gentlemen :)

I'm looking for a family car.

I am looking at these 3 too. Cruze LS, forte 2011, avante 2011.

Forte is nice and cool. But 30k more compare to last year. Sigh.

Avante got the awesome design too. Not that keen though, somehow.

My current first choice is cruze. Safe. Steady. Good features. Though no good warranty and service package.

Wanted to get a Honda. Super overpriced lo, even for a City. Gave up.

My concern is: is now a good time to get a car. Coe really gonna surge like no body business???

Supersonic
(edited)

Never a so called gd time to buy car. It's all depends on how deep your pocket is. If u have the money to spend, you can just go ahead to get the car u want, no matter how much the COE is. [:p]

Edited by 13177

Cruze LS is really good in terms of accesories, and its consider Cheap now....due to the lauch offer rebate, they are selling at SGD81K. I did not test drive it last weekend, as I was rushing for time. But may pop in again, to do a drive soon.

just go lift up the bonnet of the cruze and feel how heavy it is

then whenever you drive, think about how heavy it is and how many kg are you lugging around

Than when TIN Can car hit you, you will appreciate how strong Cruze are [;)]

Yes it is. Platform is still from Opel Astra and this car (Cruze) has performed very well in euroncap. Euroncap doesn't give the full story though because in real life, there is more to just crashing in a controlled environment.

The Europeans have a longer history in car building and no matter what, my vote still goes to them.

But generally, cars today are much safer and the Forte is still a safe car. Would have better performance too because of its lighter body and more rev-happy engine. But Cruze now comes with the build-in navigation system cum multimedia center and I find it a nice touch to the car. At the end of the day, it boils down to personal preference. I would prefer the Cruze to come with the turbocharged engine though [laugh] because that chassis is a gem and the engine doesn't do justice to it.

Cruze body is a given Gem, if it come with 1.4T engine and with correct pricing, I think it will sell well.

But than again, like what I said before, all these new generation 1.4TSI engine need sometime to mature to prove their reliability.

Hopefully by then, the price will drop and Chevrolet will bring them in...living up to it's tranditional value of bring good value for money car for the masses

In terms of specs and features : Forte won...

In terms of Design: Depends one one's preference...

But my take is Forte cos i like it's sporty design

:wub::wub::wub:

(edited)

forte - too common buti think for a good reason, cheap and good

cruze - looks the best of the lot, but i read the body is too heavy for the engine

avante - outgoing model shd be dirt cheap now. new model looks very classy but gonna be exp

does anyone also think forte's front looks EXACTLY like Allion?

Edited by Majordan

If you were to place order for Cruze now, it will deliver in June. Same time as Avante. I'm not sure abt Forte, but it definately not in my preference list. I haven't test drive the Cruze yet, might drop by Alpine again on weekend to test drive it to see whether the pickup from a stationary position improve over it's precedesor. Nice touch screen, Sat Nav GPS as well as reverse camera. Hmmm..... Dun think Civic have tat as well.

Dun forget the new 2011 Avante coming in June & it think its going to made both Cruze & Forte run for their money.

Heard from the SE from Komoco tat they have already start filling up orders even there is no car available to see or test drive the unit.

Guess its going to be a Hot cake when the car is offically launch....

1st batch already all pre-ordered. coming in may/june.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I'm currently driving the Cruze LT, which sadly the AD doesn't bring in anymore. Its a much better drive even when compared to the new LS.

Been driving the Cruze since Oct 2009, I guess the looks will grow on you as time pass by.

Also, its handling is much, much better than most believe. You'll appreciate the heavy steering at cruising speeds. It feels bigger than most Japanese cars that I've driven before. The only setback is its acceleration from a standing start due to its heavy chassis. Otherwise, its a very comfortable family ride. ^_^

Edited by Dantini

Looks like I'm gona test drive the cruze ... seemed the better of the 2 cars... tks guys for the good votes....

↡ Advertisement