Chevrolet 2011 Cruze OR Kia 2011 Cerato Forte

Haziqko

CRUZE Vs FORTE  

443 members have voted

1. 1. CRUZE Vs FORTE

• CRUZE
    • FORTE

I haven't looked at the cruze yet but the forte is quite decent for it's price. just a few areas that feel very fake(plastic) but overall not bad.

p.s just wondering how heavy are the doors of cruze? forte is quite light.. and i kinda prefer heavy doors.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I haven't looked at the cruze yet but the forte is quite decent for it's price. just a few areas that feel very fake(plastic) but overall not bad.

p.s just wondering how heavy are the doors of cruze? forte is quite light.. and i kinda prefer heavy doors.

Cruze's doors are heavy, I don't even use force to close them, just tug it lightly and it'll close shut.

But it works both ways, you'll need a bit more strength to push it open and if you don't push it hard enough, it'll come back at ya and clamp your leg in between the door and the body.

Some people like heavy doors, some people don't but I'm pretty okay with it. Just need to be more careful opening the doors. [laugh]

gentlemen :)

I'm looking for a family car.

I am looking at these 3 too. Cruze LS, forte 2011, avante 2011.

Forte is nice and cool. But 30k more compare to last year. Sigh.

Avante got the awesome design too. Not that keen though, somehow.

My current first choice is cruze. Safe. Steady. Good features. Though no good warranty and service package.

Wanted to get a Honda. Super overpriced lo, even for a City. Gave up.

My concern is: is now a good time to get a car. Coe really gonna surge like no body business???

Do ever consider Mazda 3 ?? great car also.

(edited)

Cruze's doors are heavy, I don't even use force to close them, just tug it lightly and it'll close shut.

But it works both ways, you'll need a bit more strength to push it open and if you don't push it hard enough, it'll come back at ya and clamp your leg in between the door and the body.

Some people like heavy doors, some people don't but I'm pretty okay with it. Just need to be more careful opening the doors. [laugh]

cruze bonnet heavy, door heavy that why cruze is heavy that affect its FC.

Edited by Jl1500k

Neutral Newbie

yup! this one no choice, can't take out the doors or bonnet to save weight. hahaha!

Even I'm driving the 1.8 still need to prod a little harder for a more spirited sprint.

Neutral Newbie

all car should be safe to drive. the thing is what are you looking for in a car??

one that have big body that cant move well, or one that can move well but have a small body.

end of the day you are driving it.

anyway if you are buying a new car. after services is important too. you dont go back for servicing. wty gone.

if not just buy a sec hand will do. both car are over value because of the coe.

Dun forget the new 2011 Avante coming in June & it think its going to made both Cruze & Forte run for their money.

Heard from the SE from Komoco tat they have already start filling up orders even there is no car available to see or test drive the unit.

Guess its going to be a Hot cake when the car is offically launch....

Hyundai must wait for a while to buy. They always overprice when a new model is released.

Neutral Newbie

I will absolutely go for Cerato Forte...

1) Better Spec

2) Better Fuel

3) Nicer looking

4) Attractive warranty package

..That's !

Think I will wait for the pre-launch Elantra (Avante) in 2 weeks time to decide is this the idea 1.6L car for me & my family.

1) KIA - Don't like the brand Badge in the first place on the front of the car. Hence, its a No for me.

2) Altis - the newest version have an improve 122 BHP and the Elegance model have a reverse camera which the older version doesnt have. But the

exterior design is about the same from its 2008 model and its so common and look ordinary to me.

3) Cruze - The newest LS version also have improve 122 BHP and comes with reverse camera as well as Nav GPS, but once inside the cockpit I

realised that the interior space was quite small and cramp unlike Altis which is quite spaceous.

4) Lastly Avante, sorry the name should be Elantra as confirm by Komoco SE as they wanted to phrase off the Avante name. The ride have tons of

features that I cannot resist, and the exterior design is so futuristic and nice looking as compare to his rivals. The higher version which is RS model have Push-start button, keyless entry, enhanced leather seat, ESP, Push-start, ESP, curtain airbags, 16" spot rim and auto climate control air-cond. Did happen to see a Korea version of Avante from youtube showing the car have Auto-Parking system feature but I doubt they will bring it in to Singapore.

Well guys, think its better have a look at the Elantra when it arrive in the showroom and decide is it worth the $$ as compare to is 1.6L rivals.

But better drive and handling and less fatigue when on express way [:)]

Supersonic

They bring back the Elantra name?! I think when they launched the current Avante, this model suppose to be Elantra new model replacement, but they came up a new name as Avante. And now they want to use back the old name! [rolleyes]

I test drive both twice... and ya.. forte is a better choice. Nice spec and 6 speed gear and many things to play with . I tot i'll go for curze at first b4 test drive but im confirm that cruze is underpower and noisy engine sound after test drive it. Response time also quite sux.Its a conti but ya that all it has to show. I'll go for a forte if given a choice.

↡ Advertisement