Chevrolet 2011 Cruze OR Kia 2011 Cerato Forte

Haziqko

CRUZE Vs FORTE  

443 members have voted

1. 1. CRUZE Vs FORTE

• CRUZE
    • FORTE

Every change of timing belt cost about 800 bucks.

I can't imagine the extra cost involved to drive the cruze.

Together with its fc, running cost of cruze is too high IMHO

↡ Advertisement

How come timing belt change needs $800 bucks? [:/] And how come cruze is still using timing belt? Thought mostly new model should be all using timing chain?

Neutral Newbie

How come timing belt change needs $800 bucks? [:/] And how come cruze is still using timing belt? Thought mostly new model should be all using timing chain?

Timing belt change usually do together with servicing. So timing belt package usually cost 300 bucks to 400. Yah you are right new models should absolete timing belt already.

Neutral Newbie

cheaper service in Malaysia...just get cruze, look better and newer technology

[laugh] we are talking about why Cruze are still using timing belt and yet talking abt new technology in this statement.

if u change at AD, timing belt change includes a lot of nonsense stuff to change, like fan belt, bearings etc etc.

collectively should cost between 650 - 850.

EXCLUDING servicing cost.

Timing belt change usually do together with servicing. So timing belt package usually cost 300 bucks to 400. Yah you are right new models should absolete timing belt already.

u talking about AD price or outside workshop price?

Neutral Newbie

u talking about AD price or outside workshop price?

Outside workshop price. Timing belt paackage include timing belt,tensioner idler, water pump. etc. Charge is about 300plus. However, i think never include alternator and fan belt.

Those like to rev rev one go for Kia,

Thos like sturdy and strong body one go for Cruze.

I like cruze ;)

Curze pick up is slow as compare to Forte. Cruze drink more petrol than Forte, due to it's weight.

during run-in i get 400-450km per tank.

Based on my experience with 5 different makers, it shouldn't differ much. The car drink most petrol whenever you accelerate from stop. Due to the weight of the car, most ppl will tend to press hard on the gas to pick up. This is the heaviest car of all compare in it's class. You try light footed again and see the results.

Edited by HP_Lee

For these brands/models - Chev Cruze and Kia Forte... are they reliable in the long run? I'm talking about >5 years and possibly till end of COE?

Would like to hear from users' experience... of course, not the 2011 models as not enough time has passed. How about the older models or the brands in general?

Personally I'm using a Sunny, and coming near the end of COE - no issues at all. Really a long-term car, and only parts changed are due to wear and tear. Zero breakdowns.

I'm wondering if the other affordable brands are equally reliable becos I'm considering changing to these brands/models (when COE plunges again, of course)...

The problem if Cruze is only 2 years old model. I have heard the 2009 model was drinking petrol like no body business. Have to watch. Have to wait of it's engine technology to mature in a few more years and see.

Cruze LS come with more powerful engine, I support Cruze since day one....:). Double confirm

Nope. Even for the 2011 model. You have press hard on gas in order to pick up, as compare to same 1600cc Jap car. Hence, drink too much petrol [thumbsdown]

Cruze.. totally dig the look though some might find it exaggerated. Forte is a little plasticky to me.

But is still the FC that keeps me away from Curze. So I prefer Forte.

I will absolutely go for Cerato Forte...

1) Better Spec

2) Better Fuel

3) Nicer looking

4) Attractive warranty package

..That's !

Yup. Forte looks attractive in package deal

...true but then my Jag has some parts failure.m during the first 3 years (and thereafter the next 4 years...:)....and after warranty repair is ex.

lol..maybe this time round I hold the kimchi for more than 4 years and then post whether good or bad....:)

Jap cars still able to last 8-10yrs. But I doubt Korean car can.

better drive n handling not necessarily needs heavier car body....my mazda feels great on the expressway at a mere kerb weight of 1053 [;)]

Agree your point. Design have to struck a balance.

↡ Advertisement