Mazda Biante MPV

Swifter78

he has brought his biante war over to the koreans - sorento thread.

probably wun have time to come in here ..

Why the people here like to do 1/2 truths? Why huh why?

↡ Advertisement

I was quoted 15x,xxx for the Wish and close to 160k for Biante.

Of course, I would prefer Biante to have at least the curtain airbags for the side like the Wish but it is not a deal breaker for me.

Did you get it at $158,999? May I know what freebie did you get? Like solar film or floor mat?

Also were you successful at the COE bidding exercise just concluded?

Turbocharged

dont worry, school holiday ending soooon...bear with it for a few more days...... [laugh]

For those who are keen, the AV Head unit that comes Biante here is Alpine INE-S920E costing about $1000 now. It has GPS navigational function, Bluetooth for calls and music streaming, etc, etc. The attached youtube is for local market.

http://catalog.wokeehong.com.sg/catalog/productdetails.asp?id=422

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=61718

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRgcvQxMyzs

dont worry, school holiday ending soooon...bear with it for a few more days...... [laugh]

Yah true...my kids going to resume school next week. Will be busy again. Sianz... Just glad could finish everything this week haha.

Turbocharged

Ya lah, why you do 1/2 truths?!!

He has the time to come in here.

Neutral Newbie

Did you get it at $158,999? May I know what freebie did you get? Like solar film or floor mat?

Also were you successful at the COE bidding exercise just concluded?

Didn't sign yet. Quoted price is slightly higher than $158,999. No freebie. Was told solar film not required as original windows are already slightly tinted.

Didn't sign yet. Quoted price is slightly higher than $158,999. No freebie. Was told solar film not required as original windows are already slightly tinted.

I just signed. Final price $154k, with 6 month extra road tax and solar film. Collection will be end of March. Trade-in price also very good for my Touran. But was told left only the white Biante in showroom as all sold out. If indent will be higher price.

If you keen I can refer my SE to you. Think $153k should be no problem. I was given last bidding price. Actually all depend on your bargaining power and SE. Cheers.

Neutral Newbie

I just signed. Final price $154k, with 6 month extra road tax and solar film. Collection will be end of March. Trade-in price also very good for my Touran. But was told left only the white Biante in showroom as all sold out. If indent will be higher price.

If you keen I can refer my SE to you. Think $153k should be no problem. I was given last bidding price. Actually all depend on your bargaining power and SE. Cheers.

Is your price for the showroom unit or a brand new one?

Is your price for the showroom unit or a brand new one?

Brand new. Now left only the showroom white unit according to my SE, still in good shape as quite new. If indent will be more ex and a lot of waiting, but can choose from 6 colours.

But if you have been served by a SE, then perhaps not possible to use another SE. But can use $153k as reference to push it down. The SE will present your case to the management who will then decide. If you show cheque machiam buying property, higher chance of closing the deal. Good luck. Would be keen to know if SE bluffing me about mine being the last brand new unit, haha.

Saw a white biante this afternoon at sembawang shopping centre. As big as a estima.

Ya its of nice proportion like the like the Noah n stepwagon of yester years... Though of the three like to indent latest stepwagon sparda s edition

Collected my Biante today. Total only less than 10 days waiting from booking with open cat COE, very impressed.

SE was professional in going through the paperworks, followed by physical tour of the car functionality. The tour of the adjoined service centre and intro to the SAs there and service procedure were a nice touch. Every car dealer should make it a SOP, as I remember always having to find out from security guards exactly where to send the car to when doing first servicing. Not very pleasant, especially have to rush to work after that. Pardon my suaku if it is a norm nowadays since my last new car was 2 years 8 months ago, haha.

Still trying to adjust to the new car even after 1/2 a day of driving. Power is definitely abit lacking coming from a turbo car, worsened by the I-stop function which make the drive seemed jerky. After disabling the I-stop, the drive definitely improves and become quite acceptable. The 2L NA engine is definitely good enough to pull the heavy car along, just not at blistering pace. The free solar film is of Rikecool, not too shabby. The gigantic side mirrors are most welcomed as can cover 2 lanes easily. Good that this car is not pretentious to be a salon car, thus can come with big side mirrors. The 2 powered rear sliding doors could be set to manual mode by pressing a button. Walking away from the car with the remote in your pocket will automatically trigger the car to lock itself with self-folding mirrors, no need to press anything. The illuminated odometer panel is also sight to behold, especially at night. My kids definitely enjoyed the car the most, moving all over to explore. How I wished my parents could afford this kind of car when I was young, in fact if just any car!

As pointed out earlier, this car only comes with 2 airbags and OMV only at about $21k. But you will not be disappointed if these are not deal breakers for you. It really is a lot of features and space at a very reasonable $154k. But if you think the 2 airbags are too little for you, then please buy something that gives you the peace of mind. Just that it make me wonder how you have been able to live with cars all these years since multiple airbags only become standard these few years.

Just done the 1000km servicing. Made online booking on Monday for Thursday servicing. What a difference from my previous make which requires a month waiting time. Best is that it was done within 2 hours. Very friendly and good service, not the atas type but the uncle-aunty type which I prefer. Lounge was comfortable with only a coffee machine. Servicing no longer a chore as I used to dread the hostility and imaginary fight that could erupt anytime, haha.

Biante wise have gotten used to the new drive. Still nothing to complain about except the lack of sun/moon roof. The 2L engine got better and now feel more spirited and willing to pull, though still far cry from the previous car. But is compensated by the full-size cabin which everyone in the family loves. FC not very fantastic at about 9km/L, hope it would improve after run-in. But would be happy to accept this figure as my previous 2L NA MPV also returned this figure. Anything more more would be bonus.

Having owned 2 mid-size MPV before, this is by far the most complete car. The high seating position make it safe to look further ahead at junction. The gigantic side-mirrors can see 2 lanes behind abreast. We could definitely see more of outside situation than the average car, thus safer as could anticipate and make better judgement. Parking has been easy due to its 1.77m width which is of average dimension, not too fat. The interior is not of luxurious standard but very pleasant for daily use.

My wife went to Honda showroom recently to check out the Odyssey and she came back complimenting me a wise choice I made to save the $40k. According to the layman, that car does not offer anything significant that our Biante do not have. Maybe she not a badge whore, but then again Mazda is not too shabby among jap makes isn't it? She had been doing abit of nagging as to why I did not want to spend the extra money to get the Odyssey instead. Just glad that it turn out well. We were joking that we could live with only 2 airbags in the past, so could definitely live with 2 now, haha.

But just felt wierd that we have seen only another Biante in the east so far. There should already be close to 100 on the road. Hope to see more of this car in days to come.

↡ Advertisement