The Whiskey Thread

Parkingidiot

What's your favourite Whiskey brand(s)?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Whiskey(s) (includes single malts, bourbon, blended, etc)

• Glenfiddich
    • Macallan
    • Glenlivet
    • Highland Park
    • Ballantines
    • Cutty Sark
    • Johnnie Walker
    • Chivas
    • Jim Beam
    • Gentleman Jack
    • Jack Daniels
    • Others
  2. 2. Other Drinks (everything else)

• Beer
    • Tequila
    • Rum
    • Vodka
    • Red Wine
    • White Wine
    • Champagne
    • Cocktails
    • Soft Drinks
    • Water
    • Others

Oh yah also on another note, DFS Singapore (at the arrival hall i guess) now has an offer for unlimited wine purchases. You get you usual allocation of 2 (?) bottles of wine duty-free and DFS will cover your duties for any additional bottles you buy and put the "duty paid" sticker on the bottles. Dude in front of me at the cashier bought like 12 bottles.

↡ Advertisement

Oh yah also on another note, DFS Singapore (at the arrival hall i guess) now has an offer for unlimited wine purchases. You get you usual allocation of 2 (?) bottles of wine duty-free and DFS will cover your duties for any additional bottles you buy and put the "duty paid" sticker on the bottles. Dude in front of me at the cashier bought like 12 bottles.

? all the alcoholics will come flying back then  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

This one not bad but the gem is the Kavalan Solist Vinho Barrique Single Cask Strength.

Only available in Taiwan. I got two when I was there. You can try the whole range of whisky at their outlets or you can go tour their facility at Yilan.

This one got best whisky award this year. Damn solid......... Hundred over bucks in Taiwan. Cannot find here the last time I tried.......

i have heard that it is quite revered in the SAF

Only available in the Officer Mess?

• Praise 1

Think DFS did the right thing. Because most of the stuff they carry, cannot be found in the normal duty paid retailers.

As long as they pay the duty for the travellers, its still considered "Duty Free" in traveller point of view.

They can do it for wine or beer, because excise duty is still low and can be absorbed.

Was in HK last week for some work and my parents came along, which means I could bring in a total of 3 bottles because they did not want anything for themselves.

Saw the Kavalan in HK airport and wasn't sure if they were available at Changi, so I picked up a bottle of their bourbon cask line.

Then at Changi I decided to pop into DFS to see what's new. Found that they also sell the Kavalan here now and it was about 20+ dollars cheaper in Singapore. Doh. Then I spied a new release from Auchentoshan, the 24 year old Noble Oak supposedly limited edition (probably just marketing hype [laugh] ) at $325 a bottle. Ended up grabbing it and a bottle of Highland Park Einar to try.

So I ushered in the new year by cracking open all 3 bottles and having a sample of each before topping up with the Auchentoshan and toasting myself for surviving another year.

The Auchentoshan is a pleasant drink, the Kavalan interesting and the Highland Park a nice gentle peatiness to go with the sweet.

Can I be your friend? ...

Just a thought if I wanted to sell some of my whiskies where is a good place to advertise? I know Carousell is a no go, gumtree?

In this thread lor. Sure lots of buyer

Saw the Kavalan in HK airport and wasn't sure if they were available at Changi, so I picked up a bottle of their bourbon cask line.

Hi bro, can FR on Kavalan?

• Praise 1

Just a thought if I wanted to sell some of my whiskies where is a good place to advertise? I know Carousell is a no go, gumtree?

which ones u selling? i may be interested

Will be looking to sell the Nikka 21, thinking of maybe selling the Yamazaki 18 as well but that one still thnking about it.

which ones u selling? i may be interested

Will be looking to sell the Nikka 21, thinking of maybe selling the Yamazaki 18 as well but that one still thnking about it.

Hi,

May I know how much are you selling your Yamazaki 18? PM me? Thank you.

• Praise 1

Hi, kindly ping me your offer on Yama 18 if you are serious.

Thanks!

Btw (off track a little), anyone here a Sake fanatic?

Had 3 bottles of 十四代 last night . . . . :yeah-im-not-drunk: 

Once you tried it, you will never look back - [thumbsup] 

• Praise 2

Woohoo just got this in, gonna save it for a special day. Along with other special days whiskies :D haha

attachicon.gifIMG_8825.JPG

Just to share in Hong Kong airport now selling this 38 years old Royal Salute at HKD3,120.

• Praise 9

Thanks for the interest in the Yamazaki gents still not sure if I wanna let it go but if I do will msg u guys, Nikka 21 if anyone is interested heh

Thanks Bro, Sgp still seems the cheapest. Checked the stock in Jpy and it was going for a whooping 620 Sgd, then again in Jpy better off buying to Japanese bottles

Just to share in Hong Kong airport now selling this 38 years old Royal Salute at HKD3,120.

Thanks Bro, Sgp still seems the cheapest. Checked the stock in Jpy and it was going for a whooping 620 Sgd, then again in Jpy better off buying to Japanese bottles

Last night I Checked Sg DFS, no stock for this 38 years old brew.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6