5w30 or 5w40?

Edca

Hi bros I'm driving a Toyota and mileage reaching 60k, which type of the above oil should I use? Some mechanic says once reached 60, advisable to use w40, is it true?

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros I'm driving a Toyota and mileage reaching 60k, which type of the above oil should I use? Some mechanic says once reached 60, advisable to use w40, is it true?

5w30 some pple say more good FC

5w40 some pple say can protect engine..

i use 5w 30 & 0W 40 before..can say 5w 30 engine more responsive..

humm... how come TS got banned so fast? lol..

anyway isn't it better to use thicker oil for higher mileage cars? altho fc will be lower, but it will provide more protection/lubrication for engine.

For older engines and ones that are driven at sustained highways speeds during hot weather, 10W-30 or 10W-40 is a good choice. Older cars may specify 10W30 only. This is because they need a little more viscosity when cold to keep a protective film on the cylinder walls. The experts say that 10W30 is the closest thing to a one size fits all oil. Many older vehicles need 10W30, and most new vehicles are okay with it in warmer climates.

P.S. The above is extracted from a website on topic relating to engine oil.

not true. 5w30 is ok. I am still using it on my ride which has clocked >140kkm now. I intend to use the same weight till my ride reaches 10th year.

your mechanic is partially right, if you're driving 3 yrs & below car, go for 5w40 ( U need slightly thicker oil.)

3-4 years car go for 10W30 or 10/40, for Economy & performance, after driving for so many years, it is not the type of cars one drives, it how we drive is important. if any thicker it should cost less. Conclusion: Not that competitive.

One should check the engine oil every forth-nightly, by pulling out the dip stick in the morning only before we ' ramp up ' the engine, if the oil is burnt or have a erosive smell, it's time to change or the oil engine is not suitable.

If the oil is golden tan color and evenly spread and still sticky feeling on your finger, it is ok.

Juz for sharing . . . be careful of Giant or Carrefour selling 1quart for $10.99 per 0.95 lit, if it's too good to be true, highly likely, it's gonna to be false!

Happi driving

Neutral Newbie

your mechanic is partially right, if you're driving 3 yrs & below car, go for 5w40 ( U need slightly thicker oil.)

3-4 years car go for 10W30 or 10/40, for Economy & performance, after driving for so many years, it is not the type of cars one drives, it how we drive is important. if any thicker it should cost less. Conclusion: Not that competitive.

One should check the engine oil every forth-nightly, by pulling out the dip stick in the morning only before we ' ramp up ' the engine, if the oil is burnt or have a erosive smell, it's time to change or the oil engine is not suitable.

If the oil is golden tan color and evenly spread and still sticky feeling on your finger, it is ok.

Juz for sharing . . . be careful of Giant or Carrefour selling 1quart for $10.99 per 0.95 lit, if it's too good to be true, highly likely, it's gonna to be false!

Happi driving

For what reason why you have negative comment Giant and Carrefour selling cheap Mobil EO?

Thanks all for the comments. Think will stick back to 5w30 EO and like what meanmachine said, to check the oil stick every morning and switch if needed. Thanks

w40 only if often caught in hot afternoon traffic jams. w30 can be a little better FC.

i even use w20 for my avante. hitting 40k now and im trying w30. will observe for 10k, if no good i change back to w20 :D