• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
18 replies to this topic | 13 praises

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:42 PM

Minikong
  • Minikong
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i notice my car look too fierce, and i want to change to some colour more bright and cute
i have pumpkin colour in mind, and i had heard changing of colour required to inform lta these all,
any ppl have experience in this?silly.jpg

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:45 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i notice my car look too fierce, and i want to change to some colour more bright and cute
i have pumpkin colour in mind, and i had heard changing of colour required to inform lta these all,
any ppl have experience in this?

Inform LTA of change of colour is very easy.

Paying for a new paintjob of different colour is not so easy. laugh.gif

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:48 PM

Minikong
  • Minikong
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Inform LTA of change of colour is very easy.

Paying for a new paintjob of different colour is not so easy. laugh.gif

how come? no ppl want to do? or very hard to find a nicely done 1?

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

To re-spray yr Mini new colour n doing a professional job might cost u closse to $2K.

Take that $$$ n buy us all a nice dinner better. thumbsup.gif

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

actually, respraying a car is really not necessary unless u kena badly scratched.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

actually, respraying a car is really not necessary unless u kena badly scratched.

TS wanna change image mah, its another intention.

Bro, I think if you are happy with it, just go ahead and do so, I think Mini looks good in brighter colours as well, must have some country flag too, but then will look abit common.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

Jefkking
  • Jefkking
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Respraying your Mini need to submit / inform LTA prior to work carry out.
When respray the exterior of your wheels, the engine bay will have diff colour, pls consider otherwise better leave it as your Mini front grilles designed in such. (try deocrate the front grilled but not install the LED day lights as that's illegal !)
Respraying will afffect your pre-owed evaluation report as "VICOM" / "STA" will check the thickness of your paint-work as if you intend to sell-off your car and you'll NOT be getting an "A" BUT "B" and your re-sales values will drop by at least S$ 3K !
In conclusion, not wise at all for re-spraying !

Edited by Jefkking, 16 April 2011 - 02:14 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:14 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

agree lar... just like car new new, drive very careful... sometime down the road, sure to kena knock here and there... after that.... tokyo drift..... laugh.gif tongue.gif
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:22 PM

Coupecabriolet
  • Coupecabriolet
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Every workshop give different prices and hence different quality of work. If you are easy going guy, normal standard of paintwork will be acceptable. Expensive workshop have its woes as well, if you are fussy and like to nitpick.

Engine bay different colour is of biggest concern to me. So ugly.

Second one is, when they spray the inner door panel, your leather and plastic has to be taken out. What if they don't put back properly or damage them? Later have vibration noises etc.
Road hoggers will never admit they are one. YUCKS.

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:56 PM

Minikong
  • Minikong
    5th Gear
    Author Image

wah.... u all said untill i no dare to go spray liao... save it for new car then

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:12 PM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

When respray the exterior of your wheels, the engine bay will have diff colour, pls consider otherwise better leave it as your Mini front grilles designed in such. (try deocrate the front grilled but not install the LED day lights as that's illegal !)
Respraying will afffect your pre-owed evaluation report as "VICOM" / "STA" will check the thickness of your paint-work as if you intend to sell-off your car and you'll NOT be getting an "A" BUT "B" and your re-sales values will drop by at least S$ 3K !

You sure Bo? Sounds like nonsense leh...

I change colour before

1) after spray Liao, just go online, click car plate n nric, choose primary and secondary colour. Done! Lta informed!

2) dealer has recently seen my car, no mention they must deduct due to colour change. My colour purple.

3) u sell to dealer go sta or vicom for what? And they very reliable meh? And where u get your 3-5k from? Why not 4-6? And if as you say, they check thickness of paint, it means u kena short change or go for cheap workmanship. It is not the change of colur that is the problem

Alot of misinformed answers leh
MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If the respray don't go for those cheap type they will respray engine bay also. And the workmanship good the paint thickness should be the same as they will remove the old paint before spraying.

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:35 PM

Jfamily
  • Jfamily
    Clutched
    Author Image

must we ready need to inform LTA regarding change of colour, what if never inform, will get fine or what

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:21 PM

Aeromania
  • Aeromania
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Body wrap lor. Not happy can change again. No need inform LTA also and still can remain original color. Wun affect export value also. Win friggin win

Posted 07 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How to inform LTA change of colour? Via their website? 

Me Newcastle fan

Posted 07 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How to inform LTA change of colour? Via their website? 

1. Go to http://www.onemotoring.com.sg, on the top menu, click on "Log In", then "Singpass" 
2. Once you have login with your Singpass, on the top menu click on "Ownership", then "Vehicle Scheme/Specifications", then "Amend my vehicle specifications"

Edited by 13177, 07 March 2018 - 03:15 PM.

Count-Bracula and Buadongdong praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 07 March 2018 - 06:59 PM

eefui
  • eefui
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, hahahhaa

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Body wrap lor. Not happy can change again. No need inform LTA also and still can remain original color. Wun affect export value also. Win friggin win

i was considering wrapping - cheaper and faster... until i read the posts from ppl who wanted to change the wrapping a second time !! not easy to rewrap it anything happens to the first wrap.

Edited by Ysc3, 07 March 2018 - 09:24 PM.

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:08 AM

Count-Bracula
  • Premium member
    Count-Bracula
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1. Go to http://www.onemotoring.com.sg, on the top menu, click on "Log In", then "Singpass" 
2. Once you have login with your Singpass, on the top menu click on "Ownership", then "Vehicle Scheme/Specifications", then "Amend my vehicle specifications"

Thanks, bro!  [thumbsup]

Me Newcastle fan

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Change, colour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users