Disgust at GRC Blackmail

Gendut

well. a GRC can still be voted out.

and if it does happen, PAP will be shootin themselves in the foot for fielding her in a GRC.

Let us hope all Gangsters Rob Citizens get defeated this time

↡ Advertisement

I can see alot of wayang talking here. [rolleyes]

Please remember to kpkb if WP ever successful in getting the Aljunied GRC! Only Sylvia and CSM got liao, the other three also not that got material one. So are all of you going to come out and whine that they are riding on coat-tails of the Sylvia and CSM, and that they are unjustified to enjoy their S$15k/month MP allowance? Please be vocal to voice your displeasure if that ever happen.

Please remember to kpkb if WP ever successful in getting the Aljunied GRC! Only Sylvia and CSM got liao, the other three also not that got material one. So are all of you going to come out and whine that they are riding on coat-tails of the Sylvia and CSM, and that they are unjustified to enjoy their S$15k/month MP allowance? Please be vocal to voice your displeasure if that ever happen.

was the GRC system designed by WP? it was not. WP is just left with hobson's choice to follow to their best, a biased system and they will naturally do so to the best of how their resources are constrained. are you telling me if you only have $10 and in a scenario where supply of shirts are monopolized but you don't like the $10 shirt available and instead you prefer the $15 shirt, you will borrow another $5 to buy the $15 shirt? (ie make yourself poorer just to fall into the hole dug by the people making the system to their advantage?)

or are you saying you don't like the $10 shirt, you prefer to go topless? (WP not to participate in GRC ward election at all?)

DOESN'T MATTER.

already got 82 goons now, even if WP sucks, it makes little difference. We are willing to give it a shot even if it means another S$15k lost per month. At least the real son of the soil try to make a difference for their children future until satan regime.

what if this time round papa loses big...?? what will happen?? if falls below 50%??? how??? what drastic measures will they take??? semulah? vote again??? or what???

for one, i live in AMK and going to stay in TPY when my DBSS is ready next year. i will vote for PAP as well as I would not want my area to devaluate. haha.. please flame me. [laugh]

Aiya no need to flame here flame there la.

Most of us already have decided who to vote for.

We're all just talking c--k in MCF. [:p]

what if this time round papa loses big...?? what will happen?? if falls below 50%??? how??? what drastic measures will they take??? semulah? vote again??? or what???

They will take up all the 9 NCMP seats - can only kpkb.

Turbocharged

Hasn't it been reported in the press before?

Send in the army right?

Hasn't it been reported in the press before?

Send in the army right?

reported? where? :o missed this report.

Edited by Baphomet

Turbocharged

reported? where? :o missed this report.

"Without the elected president and if there is a freak result, within two or three years, my personal army would have to come in and stop it" -- MM Lee Kuan Yew on what would happen if a profligate opposition government touched Singapore's vast monetary reserves

From Wiki...alhough it is uncited....

PM still insists GRC is a must because in multi racial singapore, it allow multi racial representation. this brings to me this quesiton

1) if the minority never insist they need their race MP to represent them, why must the servants insist the minority citizens need (their usual i know-what-is-good-for-you-betther-than-you-know-what-is-good-for-yourself attitude)

2) so is he saying in SMC, there are very little malays and indians? i thought we have the ethnic quota ratio in HDB? or unless all the SMC are in areas with little HDB flats?

3) statistically, how many minority citizens cross to neigbouring constituency in same GRC to look for their own race MP to represent them?

4) does it make sense then for a grc for for 2 constituencies (marine parade and braddell area), (tanjong pagar and balestier area) to be so far apart?

when JBJ won the by-election in Anson in 1981.. the majority of the electorates were made up on Chinese... so the argument that people only vote for their own colour is flawed

"Without the elected president and if there is a freak result, within two or three years, my personal army would have to come in and stop it" -- MM Lee Kuan Yew on what would happen if a profligate opposition government touched Singapore's vast monetary reserves

From Wiki...alhough it is uncited....

woah..sure he said that? :o

Neutral Newbie

Praying hard Mr Chiam will triump in Bishan Toa Payah GRC and WP able to get a GRC also. Hougang is 100% victory and hope Mrs Chiam can win by a small margin to further kick dirt onto those white shirt/pants.

I will be elated if it come true. Sad that my area are most likely walk over again. If given a chance to vote... my X will definately be at the box without thunder. Not talking c--k here. I seriously believe more Opp members need to be in parliment for the arrogant way of implementing new measures.

Hope with the help of internet and the Gen Y youngsters whom are hit greatest will be the deciding factor this time round.

Really time to wake up and not being scared of what if what if again... No more fear with the serial number tagged to voting slip etc. If one don't commit any crime and earn a decent living... there is nothing they can do to you!!! Singaporeans should know that.

The wake up call will be the GE2011.

2 GRC and 2 SMC!!!

Turbocharged

woah..sure he said that? :o

It's uncited (so therefore unverified) and the definition of "personal army" is very much up to your own interpretation. Personal Army is also a perfectly acceptable term for your own bank of supporters.

when JBJ won the by-election in Anson in 1981.. the majority of the electorates were made up on Chinese... so the argument that people only vote for their own colour is flawed

actually they intentionally introduce the flawed argument to make it easier for them to garner the majority seats via the GRC system. you can see in the GRC system, they are also playing the mathematical law of averaging out but putting heavyweight minister in each grc with lightweight or newcomer in the same slate. top it up with the gerrymandering of the election boundaries, the mathematical law of averaging works to perfection for them.

but if they sense their votes are falling periliously close to the 50% mark, this mathematical law of averaging means that the sure win constituency cannot absorb so many areas with high opposition vote. is this the reason why we saw so many smc this time round?

It's uncited (so therefore unverified) and the definition of "personal army" is very much up to your own interpretation. Personal Army is also a perfectly acceptable term for your own bank of supporters.

Icic. Understood. [;)]

↡ Advertisement