I think my fren's case gone liao.... (SIA's cargo handling)

KARTer

fella whitesnake lead guitarist lah! he don carry guitar others carry for him! u should watch 'crossroad' very good show if u dig rock or jazz! [thumbsup][thumbsup]

i am a rock fan, but where's this crossroad?? ...... starhub or mioTV?? thanks, thanks....

i am a rock fan, but where's this crossroad?? ...... starhub or mioTV?? thanks, thanks....

very oldie show from the 80s. hero is ralph macchio but starhub got play recently!

dont blame SIA lor. could be the ah moh at heathrow anyhow handle right? dont everything SIA SIA cos ur fren took their flight and blame them for his convenience.

y ur fren never buy travel insurance..its cheap also mah.

OT, last time i brought a small squarish limestone statue from Bali. on the flight, the kind SIA lady helped us to keep the statue in a private locker and returned to us before we leave the plane. nice gesture from them.

my fren has nothing against SIA or any airlines, just that his ticket is a 'contract' between him (passenger) and SIA (airline), he has no contractual link with any airport.......... but he could be wrong.... he's checking with his lawyer frens and see how........ but i told him to claim from his travel insurance company ---> more straight forward [:)]

Remembered there was this guy in the states who suffered the fate as your friend & the airline refused to entertainment his claims.

He then made a music video using a guitar (what else?) to ridicule the airline & posted it on YT.

The clip attracted million of hits until the airline LL had tried to compensate him but unsuccessful IIRC.

yup, heard about the case......... but my fren is no music writer.... sad to say [:(] ........ the guitar is a farewell present from his school mates.... so sorry to see he lost it just like that (even if it's partly his fault)

I think, you are just making this up. Having travelled umpteen times, no one would be allowed to bring the guitar onboard the flight, not after 9-11. Check in baggage, specially specified with FRAGILE, and SPECIALLY on SQ flights, get very special attention, if damaged, SQ will make full compensation.

How would I know, I brought back very fragile items back before, and none of the aboved happened, friend had his machine damaged on other flights, and was duly compensated as well.

Please, Karter, you want to stir sh.it, do it proper, not when we have a lot of very learned and well travelled people here in MCF.

I don't work for SQ, nor any gov. Org. If you have beef with the using party, that is your own perogative, but don't make up stories of such nature to garner support for your cause, whatever it my be. Very cold and lame.

I brought my espresso machine from Italy to Singapore on SQ, fragile all in. One stainless steel wand broke, 14days full compensation. No issues. Want proof? I have all the documentation. -_-

?????

coming from you (MOD), i feel sorry for the forum.......... this is a real case, and I am not making it up <------- i say it once here and not going to repeat it.

It's true and i know it, i sent my fren to the airport, and he emailed me the pics as proof. He's not someone who lies.

I think I have made it clear enough here.

I posted this to seek advice, if you feel i have other agenda, i can't and wont stop you. I dont really bother now that i know how you can 'reason' and 'speculate' in your position here..... good luck.

?????

coming from you (MOD), i feel sorry for the forum.......... this is a real case, and I am not making it up <------- i say it once here and not going to repeat it.

It's true and i know it, i sent my fren to the airport, and he emailed me the pics as proof. He's not someone who lies.

I think I have made it clear enough here.

I posted this to seek advice, if you feel i have other agenda, i can't and wont stop you. I dont really bother now that i know how you can 'reason' and 'speculate' in your position here..... good luck.

So many threads with political agendas. *Yawwwnnn*

See also sian and see same same all the time. Tkss tkss,

Don't quietly put politics into a thread and start off from there

lah. Sublimal messages, some see some don't. *Yawn*

Karter... Leave politics to the political threads hor, true or not, you

Kah ki chai hor. I not mod. Never will be. Wanna be virtual bro. Mai

Cho kah ah neh pai quah hor? *yawn*

:)

i always hear this "why last time can, this time can not?"

so when travel, pls pack ur belonging carefully.

i believe my fren ultimately was not insisting that they allow him to carry the guitar into the cabin. He wants to find out if the airline is taking responsibility for the damage. I told him whatever the outcome, there's a lesson to be learned.

So many threads with political agendas. *Yawwwnnn*

See also sian and see same same all the time. Tkss tkss,

Don't quietly put politics into a thread and start off from there

lah. Sublimal messages, some see some don't. *Yawn*

Karter... Leave politics to the political threads hor, true or not, you

Kah ki chai hor. I not mod. Never will be. Wanna be virtual bro. Mai

Cho kah ah neh pai quah hor? *yawn*

:)

yawn all you like

one question: you mean i cant post non-political posts? yes or no? and you have the right to assume every post has political agenda?? yes or no?

As a person who travels frequently with multiple guitars, I know by now that bringing a guitar with me on board is often a depends-on-their-mood/cabin fullness situation.

Always check in your guitar in a hard case. The more precious it is, the more important to pack it properly and check it in.

Even then, there are no guarantees. I've had 2 guitars destroyed even in their hard cases. But there is no compensation. The minute they see a guitar case, they will slap on a fragile sticker and make you sign a waiver. Once you sign the waiver, they're off the hook. If you don't sign, you can't bring the guitar with you.

Lose lose situation.

If the guitar is really precious, have a special flight case made for it to withstand a few tonnes of pressure and is waterproof. Otherwise, buy insurance.

Thanks, good advice, will pass it to my friend [:)]

yawn all you like

one question: you mean i cant post non-political posts? yes or no? and you have the right to assume every post has political agenda?? yes or no?

Kong kah sian liow wor. :D I no right no left wor. :D

dont drag others into this

surely you dont need such support and can stand on your own

Since when got drag? See it happen just reference cannot meh? Non-political unlike yours, tam Poh, tam Poh, politics liow. [laugh] [laugh] Chio si Lang. [laugh]

Go hong leong green lah.

(edited)

I don't see why you're immediately jumping to the conclusion that Karter's making it all up. SQ is not perfect. While I haven't had issues with damaged items (never checked-in fragile things before), I have had glaring issues with finding specialty meals (Indian Vegetarian) uncatered for at the time of check-in even though my travel agent had specifically made the request and it was printed as such on the eticket. Nevertheless, I just got the cold shrug and the 'tude from the SQ checkin staff at Changi, saying that nothing could be done at the time. And this was on a business class flight, mind you. Funny thing is, when I related my story, I got a lot of disbelief about it too.

I've had another (less egregious) bad customer service experience with an SQ flight to the US, when luggage wasn't automatically carried over to the UA connector, even though it was supposed to have been a "straight check-through" (luckily I kay-poh kiasu and checked at the first port of call, and collected my baggage off the conveyor to check it into UA myself). When I reached my final destination and called up to enquire about why things had happened the way they had, I ended up having a "fun" conversation with an Indian call centre employee representing SQ with the fake anglicised moniker and the dead- giveaway accent who insisted that what had happened was "impossible". So I'm a liar? [rolleyes]

The point I'm trying to make is that just because you've had 100% good experiences with SQ doesn't mean everyone else has had the same thing. I'd say 99.5% of my experiences with SQ have been perfect, but 0.5% have left something to be desired. Karter's anecdote is plausible, and he should be given the benefit of the doubt. In any case, he didn't even write it in an especially inflammatory or histrionic fashion, certainly not in a sh*t stirring manner.

I find that even if in future i have something against any airlines, including SIA, it'll be a case of customer's complaint against the service provided (edit -- provider)... the link to politics should be remote, if at all.

Mazdasomething can say what he wants, even making false 'accusations'. This thread talks about a damaged guitar, how and why he 'inserts' political element into it, only he knows......... none of my business. But i wont tolerate false accusation.

Edited by KARTer
↡ Advertisement