VW POLO GTI 2011

Xers007

Wow.. I must be dreaming.. 180hp from a 1.4L engine...

Yeah, damn attractive and value for money.

Updated version of the twin charged engine found in scirocco and golf sports. Up 20bhp and 10nm torque. Giving 6.9s for century sprint, same as golf GTI.

3door version only 116800. For more practicality, add 2k for 5door version.

This pricing is nonsense

120K can get u the Jetta Sport (160hp) already. Same engine, capable of 200hp with Stage 1 ECU reflash or piggyback

Much bigger boot, more legroom inside, RCD510 touch-screen ICE instead of the puny RCD310 ICE that VCS put inside the local Polo GTI

This pricing is nonsense

120K can get u the Jetta Sport (160hp) already. Same engine, capable of 200hp with Stage 1 ECU reflash or piggyback

Much bigger boot, more legroom inside, RCD510 touch-screen ICE instead of the puny RCD310 ICE that VCS put inside the local Polo GTI

You might as well say Golf GTI is the same price as a Tiguan Sport and they have the same engine, if I tune the Tiguan then it will be even faster than the Golf GTI.

Not everyone wants or needs space. Polo GTI and Jetta Sport? One is a hot hatchback, one is a fast family saloon. Why does BMW sell the 3 Series coupe and the 5 Series at the same price? Totally different kind of cars right?

Hahaha so true.... I remember when the scirocco cost less... It's still just a polo man.... Mehico car 116k? Value for $$$$ joking right?

You might as well say Golf GTI is the same price as a Tiguan Sport and they have the same engine, if I tune the Tiguan then it will be even faster than the Golf GTI.

Not everyone wants or needs space. Polo GTI and Jetta Sport? One is a hot hatchback, one is a fast family saloon. Why does BMW sell the 3 Series coupe and the 5 Series at the same price? Totally different kind of cars right?

I agree ... coupes (3 series, E Coupe) etc are lifestyle cars and they are price differently. Hot hatch - GTis is also price differently. GTi and Jetta Sports are targetted at diffeerent sector of the market.

Turbocharged

This pricing is nonsense

But even at stage 1 you still will not be able to propel the Jetta to 100km/h in 6.9secs..Can do it within 7.9sec can grin liao...

I believe, given the technology in handling, the Polo is more of a driver's car than the Jetta. Jetta is more for daily practicality... I'm very sure the Polo takes the corners faster and more confidently than the Jetta anytime.

s--t, I can stop thinking about this Polo GTi.... at 118k promo price is a drool for me... Cheapest way to own a brand-new GTi...Thumps up to the 4 door option....else OC confirm not approved..

itchy heart.....haiz...

Spec look good, price ok. But Polo is very cramped inside. U have to be of smallish frame to feel comfortable. I can imagine if u spend long time inside (especially in traffic jam) can start to feel very "trapped in"...

Turbocharged

Spec look good, price ok. But Polo is very cramped inside. U have to be of smallish frame to feel comfortable. I can imagine if u spend long time inside (especially in traffic jam) can start to feel very "trapped in"...

Anyone knows how does the Polo compared to the Suzuki Swift in terms of size. If it's like Swift I can tahan...but smaller than Swift? Cannot imagine..LOL

This pricing is nonsense

not exactly the same engine. although both twin charged. the one in the polo GTI is updated, faster also.. partly due to weight savings too.

Jetta sport, stock is 8.5s. how to tune until 6.9s? all the money used to do that with minimal results is really wasteful.

seriously, if need space and practicality, people will not look at Polo GTI or scirocco most probably.

at such price levels, its difficult to have the best of both worlds between space and pace.

The 2 dr version looks better...

This is more of a boy racer type of car. For practicality, probably should get golf.

This used one looks pretty decent. $85K is what I call value for money!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...210&DL=1000

agree, 3door version look much nicer.

value for money because this is a pocket rocket. which other german car gives you such performance at such price? + design, gearbox, fuel economy, car features.

maybe more suitable for people as a second car for more performance.. but dont wanna spend too much for 2nd car.

↡ Advertisement