• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
99 replies to this topic | 137 praises

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Beehive3783
  • Premium member
    Beehive3783
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

But CAT C cannot go Malaysia :(

3 months too late liao
When cat c Lao sai
Everyone will go and renew coe
Thats why I think that will be a support for cat c
Renewers and car people coming in
Whoa!!!!! Best of beast!!!!!!
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg
I want to mount a 50 cal machine gun behind man!!!!!

Cheers
Ben

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:46 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

But CAT C cannot go Malaysia :(

Yeah man

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

Fireball0088
  • Premium member
    Fireball0088
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yeah man

Cannot go Malaysia nevermind. Otherwise your car will be number one target

Mustank praised this
PSN ID = hsb0088

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi bros,

I'm in the similar situation with the TS and are looking for a new ride to replace my out going Swift.

Any recommendations for which car I should be aiming for ?

Ideally, the car should be able to fit 2 child seat with my wife sitting in the middle.

Also, prefer to be 2nd hand car instead new. Can't really afford brand new now.

TIA

FYI, I'm driving a 1.5L sushi car and both my baby seats are at the rear and my wife will be sitting in between my 2 kids. Currently she is sitting comfortably in the middle except complaining that the air-con is too cold cos the centre vents are blowing directly to the rear. Getting on & off the car also no issue. I guess most cars can fit 2 baby seats and 1 adult comfortably bah. Unless the baby seats you are getting is those super thick and wide seats that will take up the entire rear. Otherwise, I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:28 PM

Oki
  • Oki
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Let me give you an idea.

I am driving a 1.6L kimchi sedan.

2 child seats, 1 in front and 1 at the back. I can't fit both child seats + my wife at the back. Max is 1 child seat + wife.

So no choice, my older child is riding shotgun with me.

To make it safer, front airbags are disabled by pulling out the airbag fuse. The impact from the airbag is quite deadly to young children so better to disable it.

I know some might bash me for the following reasons:
1. Child in front seat
2. Airbags disabled

But I have exhausted all options and since I can't afford a bigger car and there is no option to disable just the front passenger airbag, this is the last option that I have.

1. Airbags are deadly to young children if deployed in their face.
2. My child is in child seat.
3. Most cars didn't have airbags 20 years ago right?

As long as you drive safe and defensively, everything will be fine.

Thanks bro but I doubt my wife will let me do that. Of course, for safety reasons.

Plus, my current ride is gonna be scrap before 2nd baby arrive so might as well lokok for a ride that suits my requirement.

So far, only shortlisted ford focus.

I have a current gen pre-FL accord.
It can fit. Both are on LATCH/ISOFIX points. Both are full sized child seats able to take up to 20-25kg kids.

But the wife has to climb into between both child seats. Don't think if u are above 60kg, it would be comfy.

You can look at those pre-owned camry or accords i guess. But the older camry has no ISOFIX points. I'm not sure if the older accord has as well.

It's still safer than the child not wearing seatbelt or childseat [;)]

Thanks for idea bro !

FYI, I'm driving a 1.5L sushi car and both my baby seats are at the rear and my wife will be sitting in between my 2 kids. Currently she is sitting comfortably in the middle except complaining that the air-con is too cold cos the centre vents are blowing directly to the rear. Getting on & off the car also no issue. I guess most cars can fit 2 baby seats and 1 adult comfortably bah. Unless the baby seats you are getting is those super thick and wide seats that will take up the entire rear. Otherwise, I guess it shouldn't be a problem.

Hi bro, mind sharing what's your current ride ?

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

r1der
  • Premium member
    r1der
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks bro but I doubt my wife will let me do that. Of course, for safety reasons.

Plus, my current ride is gonna be scrap before 2nd baby arrive so might as well lokok for a ride that suits my requirement.

So far, only shortlisted ford focus.
Thanks for idea bro !
Hi bro, mind sharing what's your current ride ?

I can answer for him. His ride is Honda city. Hehe.
Buadongdong and Mustank praised this

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

Zafira18
  • Zafira18
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Why not consider a used c4 picasso? 3 indiviual seat at the rear and width of the car is wide

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why not consider a used c4 picasso? 3 indiviual seat at the rear and width of the car is wide

A used citreon? Really? Lol.
Buadongdong and Mustank praised this

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

Bismarck
  • Bismarck
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Might as well buy a used Kia Carens if want to consider C4  :D

Nzy praised this
"I am the normal one"
"It’s really difficult looking for glasses without glasses.”
"I would never sign an a**hole just because he is great at football"
"Please don't ask me this shit"
"Sorry I said it twice"
[laugh]

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

Oki
  • Oki
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Bro lala81 answered for me on this..
Hahaha

Not saying the car is bad or what but don't know how reliable the car is.

I once considered getting a C4 but dropped the idea after having a chat on it with my mechanic..

Nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion bro

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:11 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

heaven-is-where-the-police-are-british-t
Mason016 praised this

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

oleandero
  • Premium member
    oleandero
    5th Gear
    Author Image

my sis uses one car booster (mifold) and one car seat for her sedan car. 2 child 1 adult, sup sup water

if want get mifold, pm me. i happen to know someone who sells it.. *not me ah!! before i get banned for advertising 

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

Oki
  • Oki
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

my sis uses one car booster (mifold) and one car seat for her sedan car. 2 child 1 adult, sup sup water

if want get mifold, pm me. i happen to know someone who sells it.. *not me ah!! before i get banned for advertising

Thanks bro. But my eldest too young for booster seat. Just turned 2 recently.

So might be looking at infant basket + child seat to accommodate both in the rear for the time being.

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

Ipaq4444
  • Ipaq4444
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

book mark for reading later 

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:20 PM

yuhikaru
  • Premium member
    yuhikaru
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I think I can help you out on this. And you definitely do not need an MPV just because you have 2 young children. I know this as I regretted getting an MPV and end up "under-using" the seats. In the end, I sold the MPV within a year & switched to a 5-seat SUV.

For your information, I'm using 2 "large & bulky" car infant seats (read: Britax + Safe & Sound) in the back of the car & yet able to accomodate another adult (maid) in the centre & you'll be surprised that quite a number of cars suit your requirements, you just have to test out the space physically when u visit the showrooms.

How does the adult helper get in and out? She gets in first and then second car seat is installed? And when she wants to come out, one of the car seats has to be removed first? Been thinking about this and wondering how to do it...

"The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it. - Dudley Moore"

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:31 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

the problem about MPV is.....

the last row is so near to the road....if accident happen...sure kena jialat jialat one......that's what I'm worrying...

Normal sedan at least has the boot as buffer....

In reality we dont see MPV passengers get more badly injured than sedan after a rear end incident. If you buy a full size MPV, the seat position tend to be higher than normal sedan and there is still some space at the rear for crash zone, so it is not as dangerous as you think. I drove two Odyssey for total of 15 years when my children were younger, it was a enjoyable 15 years of family car ownership.

Edited by Ct3833, 20 May 2019 - 12:59 PM.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:45 PM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

There are still some used MPVs (2009 reg, renewed 10 yr COE) in the resale mkt that are relatively affordable, at less than $6K annual depreciation

- Toyota Sienta / Wish
- Suzuki APV
- Kia Carens
- Honda Stream
- Proton Exora

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:46 PM

Privacy
  • Privacy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

In reality we dont see MPV passengers get more badly injured than sedan after a rear end incident. If you buy a full size MPV, the seat position tend to be higher than normal sedan and there is still some space at the rear for crash zone, so it is not as dangerous as you think. I drove two Odyssey for total of 15 years when my children were younger, it was a enjoyable 15 years of family car ownership.

his kids have grown up liao. 2011 post
Ct3833 praised this

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:49 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

his kids have grown up liao. 2011 post

Haha ooops. thanks. Should be teenages by now.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:26 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bro lala81 answered for me on this..
Hahaha

Not saying the car is bad or what but don't know how reliable the car is.

I once considered getting a C4 but dropped the idea after having a chat on it with my mechanic..

Nonetheless, thanks for the suggestion bro

It is indeed a very nicely designed car which I was thinking very hard to purchase 2 years ago. Reliability and cost to maintain is always the key factor when buying conti cars. Wonder why Jap and Korean cannot design something close to the french?  [nosebleed]

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Having, baby, car, seats, seater and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users