Timer for Storage water heater ??

Bluemice

When I was a kid....in old house...my toilet had one of this.....super cooling water...never think of bathing with warm water... [laugh]

snap-71.png

↡ Advertisement

is this also a switch? or connect to the heater on/off switch?

thinking of getting one for my instant heater... always forget to switch off after using

Btw hows the water pressure on the storage heater?

I find instant heater water pressure better.

storage heater water pressure beats instant heater.

Below is our style: We come back home, we switch on the storage heater power. We take turns to go shower. After that, the last person switch off the storage heater power. In the next morning, the water is still hot, we go shower again without switching on the heater. The water inside the tank get cooler. Why waste energy to heat up again when there is no people using it during daytime at home. So no need to switch on power in the morning. Effectively, storage heater is turned on once a day.

i've used storage heaters for around 30 yrs.

I've never had one that will be hot at like 6am in the morning. And i'm the one who uses it last at night.

Morning to night i still can believe, but when ambient temp at night is like 24-26 degrees, i doubt so... the insulation of these storage heaters aren't fantastic.

I got mine at DIY shop, a time switch , replace the switch and square cover.

It's a round time knob with blue led , max 20 min.

Tick tick .....then time up it will cut off

What is the timer for? For storage type of heater...when the water heated up...it will cut off the heating by itself and kept the water hot inside...isn't it build in feature?

I see his reason.

Whole day nobody home but heater on n off still using electricity.

He come home at abt 7pm then set timer to switch on only at abt 6pm.

Then all go sleep at 12midnight. ... Set timer to off at 10-11pm.

Save electricity.

i've used storage heaters for around 30 yrs.

I've never had one that will be hot at like 6am in the morning. And i'm the one who uses it last at night.

Morning to night i still can believe, but when ambient temp at night is like 24-26 degrees, i doubt so... the insulation of these storage heaters aren't fantastic.

Sis, time to service or change your tank :)

Mine is still very hot the next morning. Ariston brand.

I see his reason.

Whole day nobody home but heater on n off still using electricity.

He come home at abt 7pm then set timer to switch on only at abt 6pm.

Then all go sleep at 12midnight. ... Set timer to off at 10-11pm.

Save electricity.

His setting is not to on at a specific time.....when need hot water..just turn the timer to count down for 20 min or so to off it...

I wonder if a storage heater uses more electricity if it is left on constantly using the inbuilt thermostat to keep the water hot

OR if it is turned off when not used and the water cools down and then has to be re heated from ambient when hot water is required.

Anyone know????

the initial boiling/startup to heat uses more electricity and stays at a temperature.

With a timer to count down to shut off after 10/15mins save energy.

You have to decide all family make full use of that period of time and slowly you

will save alot in long run.

Anything start to boil and cool is no good.same goes with the air con to stay constant

rather to cut in and out.eventually you will find little components wear & tear.

His setting is not to on at a specific time.....when need hot water..just turn the timer to count down for 20 min or so to off it...

Ya its a way to save electricity. Good idea.

the initial boiling/startup to heat uses more electricity and stays at a temperature.

You have to decide all family make full use of that period of time and slowly you

Anything start to boil and cool is no good.same goes with the air con to stay constant

rather to cut in and out.eventually you will find little components wear & tear.

So your a/c on 24 hours?

Supersonic

Did anyone manage to get this? I need it for my new place (renting out the studio to tenant who will definitely not help me save electricity).

Checked homefix and selffix stores and both dun have. 

For those still looking, the alternative I found is this "count-down" timer from RS components:

https://sg.rs-online.com/web/p/surface-mount-time-switches/8215045/

Installed in two places, works well, reliable.

Only drawback is the LED light is on all the time - so if you are sensitive to light in a dark bedroom, this may annoy you..

RS components has always given me really good customer service, so can buy with confidence.

Correct. I use the same thing for my storage heater too, since more than 10 years back. Same SL brand. Small storage heaters typically provide enough warm water after 5 to 10 minutes, for 1 person to shower.

By using the self timer, you can set the timer, go into your bathroom and do whatever big or small business, then start showering. By then the water is hot enough, and by the time you finish showering, the water in the tank is mostly lukewarm or cold. The heating cuts off while you are in the shower.

But after my storage tank heater broke down, I changed to an instant heater, Auto-cut-off, tank-less, no issue of wasted hot water.

↡ Advertisement