S- Plate Passenger Van (Petrol/Diesel) for 10 Pax-Possible?

Lurpsexx

$198k is for the Mercedes Viano [whether it's the 115CDI or 3.5V6, this I'm not sure]- Private registered vehicle, bearing S-Plate.

The $130k plus is for the Mercedes Vito 115CDI PA Bus.

OH icic. I read the ad about Viano in Straits Time Classified just last week.. occupied about 20%-30% of the whole page up.. the price is stated $130K+.. Also I have checked out SGcarmart and the price is also $130k.. When I called up the Sales he mentioned one particular version which is almost $200K ( I think it is the 3.5 l petrol )

↡ Advertisement

i saw many times hyundai startex ambulance with s plate, i wonder why it use s plate?

most of ambulance use p or g plate right?

i like big car too, too bad something like merc viano or vw multivan not come with petrol.

have you notice in newspaper classified under van selling, they always mention diesel, is there any van is not diesel? :D

something like toyota hi-ace petrol ?

Hiace got petrol and got diesel. Some Hiace owners in SG quite smart.. They dont mind paying $20-$30k more to register the Hiace as S-plate so that they can go to Malaysia for leisure. The smart ones convert to CNG so their petrol cost is literally S$100 or so per month even though they would have paid $800 per month in Sg.

Can register the Hi-ace as S-plate anytime when u buy the car. But the cost of normal Hiace is probably $80K for G plate. When u put in s-plate, the COE will be under Cat B instead of Goods vehicle COE. So you should expect the Hiace to cost about $110k-$130k when its on S plate. Many Hiace on the road now uses petrol.

tks for ur "enlightment"

haha

[laugh]

Can register the Hi-ace as S-plate anytime when u buy the car. But the cost of normal Hiace is probably $80K for G plate. When u put in s-plate, the COE will be under Cat B instead of Goods vehicle COE. So you should expect the Hiace to cost about $110k-$130k when its on S plate. Many Hiace on the road now uses petrol.

is hi-ace petrol come from BM or PI?

is hi-ace petrol come from BM or PI?

I really dont know but since I hve seen petrol hiace fitted iwth CNG, its surely not from Borneo cos I heard from borneo that they usually dont encourage cngs, which is true

Hi Bro,

Thanks for your advice...

The Hi-ace Hi-top seems good, and with so many seats, sure is a big van!

But interior is really like school bus and not so comfy like Starex or Estima etc..

I have decided to keep my current ride and maybe just adjust our travel patterns, as no single big van meet our big family needs...

Thanks to all for your kind advice and replies! ^_^

(edited)

Yup. Getting 2 cars might be cheaper. My family doing that right now. Can save alot more. Total cost for both cars less than 70k and both not OPC.

if total cost is the same, get two cars instead of one big 10-seater, this gives you the flexibility of fetch people to different places at the same time..... if you have two drivers [:)]

Edited by KARTer
  • Praise 1

Yes starex is popular in Malaysia and the cost is RM 130K.. Toyotal Hiace cost about RM 80-RM 100k depending on whether its a cargo van or passenger type.

If money is not an issue, go for Merc Viano.. if u go for diesel u can pump full tank in malaysia by going in near empty.. can pump a good 70litre worth of diesel so u can probably go in to pump every week if you drive 3000-5000km a month. Fuel cost is probably S$300 only compared to when u pump petrol in Singapore which should be around $800-$1000. One drawback is the ROAD TAX since its diesel. About $7000 and slightly up per year

Viano also got petrol if u dont want to pay the high road tax...

If u havent seen the viano, please go and have a look. Follow mercs wont go wrong. If u want to buy a Toyota estima or alphard etc, might as well go for viano

please ask around local workshops to check repair cost of Vitos........... many of them told me the old vitos are expensive to repair. [:)]

please ask around local workshops to check repair cost of Vitos........... many of them told me the old vitos are expensive to repair. [:)]

Yes its definitely expensive to service vito since its mercs. But for hiace i heard the parts are cheap and available as its the most recognisable van on the road...

Yes its definitely expensive to service vito since its mercs. But for hiace i heard the parts are cheap and available as its the most recognisable van on the road...

yes, yes, Hiace, Urvan etc are ok...... Hyundai models and also Kia's not too sure though

Neutral Newbie

only the hi roof hi-ace can be registered as a S plate in singgapore and with the 3l petrol engine.

you cannot park at many many place.

i am also looking for a 10 seater van to register as a S plate.

it seems impossible if we dun have the money.

check so far only the vw transporter s plate is a deseil.but price way north!if i have the money will get Viano.

hopefully the starex can......

• Praise 1

(edited)

For PA Bus, the vehicle only attracts a 5% ARF.

Once you register it as GPV or Private S-Plate, it's 100% ARF. That's where the higher price tag comes.

The Hiace is available in 3.0D4-D 130bhp 4CVT/ 5MT or the 2.7V6 Petrol 170bhp 4CVT. Most would go for the petrol unit as it's cheaper to register it as S-Plate, for you don't have to pay the extra diesel tax.

The petrol engine options are available only via PI. The last prices I got for S-Plate Hiace 2.7L is $120-130k without COE.

Edited by Proton_neutron

For PA Bus, the vehicle only attracts a 5% ARF.

Once you register it as GPV or Private S-Plate, it's 100% ARF. That's where the higher price tag comes.

The Hiace is available in 3.0D4-D 130bhp 4CVT/ 5MT or the 2.7V6 Petrol 170bhp 4CVT. Most would go for the petrol unit as it's cheaper to register it as S-Plate, for you don't have to pay the extra diesel tax.

The petrol engine options are available only via PI. The last prices I got for S-Plate Hiace 2.7L is $120-130k without COE.

U sure it is without coe? That means after COE which has to be cat B and the total price is easily $170K or so... then i rather get a mercs viano

Hiace got petrol and got diesel. Some Hiace owners in SG quite smart.. They dont mind paying $20-$30k more to register the Hiace as S-plate so that they can go to Malaysia for leisure. The smart ones convert to CNG so their petrol cost is literally S$100 or so per month even though they would have paid $800 per month in Sg.

$100/month de petrol? [shocked][speechless]

i think this one haven't factor in CNG cost right??

• Praise 1

Same situation for me ... but I'm looking for a 8 seater

In my definition - Wish and Stream are "occasional" 7 seaters

I need something bigger than these and HOPEfully within budget as well

Read this on Asiaone

http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/...524-280475.html

Nissan i6-seater mini van NV200+6

It will be interesting if one can register this as an S-Plate

But I think its a diesel?

PS - I am not related to Nissan in any way :P

• Praise 1