Should I migrate?

Vid

Hypersonic

go where? here why no good? not scared end up worst then cry want to go home? at least now hungry i know how to go mcdonalds la

Eh... Mcdonalds every country also have lah. I scare no char kway tiao and hokkien mee to eat [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

I think there is a paradigm shift happening. However, this is the beginning, we may not see it in this election (the huge change some are waiting for) but we will see it (hopefully be alive when it happens).

Your points do make sense, but we can't just change where we are born in (Singapore). However, what we can do is effect the change (or no change) we want to see by casting our votes.

Nobody agrees implicitly with everyone else, at least I don't. But I think in life, we have to try to change what we think is wrong or try to bring about the change.

Many drops form an ocean, remember the PAP were also the opposition once. How the previous ruling party lost it's power was when it went overboard, lost it's bearings and eventually lost the people's confidence, if the PAP does not keep in check their policies history is bound to repeat itself.

Yes, I totally agree. There must be checks or things will go seriously wrong. I seriously hope this election will bring about this change. If it can't, in 5 years time, I afraid even if we want a change, it might be too difficult when problem is deep into its root.

"Should i Migrate ?" ------> Well, this is a personal or family issue...I have friends currently living happily over the other side of the grass...However at the same time also have friends whom choose to come back to SG....

So what about "Where should i migrate?" [idea]

[:)]

Turbocharged

With the screw up policies which favour foreigners than locals, really feel like leaving the country and if really need to, come back one day as a foreigner.

Not really want to be FT of other country but want more "space". If I go to the USA, I see americans. I go to the UK, I see british. Not like here in SG. I go out I see foreigners.

And you'll still don't feel at home.

If you want better future and migrating is an option which you feel is good, I think that's good enough a reason.

But based on reason 3, no.

And for reason 1 and 2, if everyone has that thinking, we will end up pushing up health care and property prices in other countries. Exactly what we are facing now. We'll become burden or unwanted foreigners.

Turbocharged

there's an age limit for australia.. 40yr old max.

new zealand 45yr old... count sheep there [laugh]

"Should i Migrate ?" ------> Well, this is a personal or family issue...I have friends currently living happily over the other side of the grass...However at the same time also have friends whom choose to come back to SG....

So what about "Where should i migrate?" [idea]

[:)]

Well best is to step on both boats , like what to PRs are doing ..

Well best is to step on both boats , like what to PRs are doing ..

Great minds think alike...

oopppss

[lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed] [lipsrsealed]

Clutched

You have no idea the joy i experience every time i fly back to sg during my term breaks.

Home is sg, and there's no place like home.

• Praise 1

Migration is something which i will always have in my long term plans.

in fact i am already on the prowl for a property in Batam..

yes you read it rite, it is batam. no sleazy tots hor.. haha! coz i have a friend who hails from Batam and her parents own a hotel there as well and i travel there quite often for cheap massage and seafood. was planning to buy a house near them and i can retire there in future when i grow old. if i need meet with any healthcare issues, i can always come back to singapore. and so far, i dare to say that security is more secure in batam than JB, thus JB is definitely out of the question.

i have plenty of friends who met with social or racial issues in Australia or Canada after their emigration there. i am not in support of living in a developed caucasian country coz i'm not very sure if i can integrate well over there anot.

Isnt it ironic? You cannot stand the inflow of FT here, yet you migrate to another country and become her PR. You have become and added to the very phenomenon you oppose. Hypocrisy?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Isnt it ironic? You cannot stand the inflow of FT here, yet you migrate to another country and become her PR. You have become and added to the very phenomenon you oppose. Hypocrisy?

If I go to another country, I am not there to fight with the people over there. I am not there to suppress their wages. I am not there to inflat their housing prices. I am not there to snatch away what they call home or their own heritage. I am not there to infest their country.

Singapore is small with no resources. The only resource Singapore has is people. If Singaporeans are being treated like 2nd class citizens where opportunities are first given to foreigners, then something is very wrong.

You have no idea the joy i experience every time i fly back to sg during my term breaks.

Home is sg, and there's no place like home.

The problem is , since my father kana TOTO 3M few years back , things have change .

Everytime I am back is SG, he spent most of the time entertaining his new found PRC mei mei mistress,

make me very piss off ,meaning less coming home liao .... :angry:

If I go to another country, I am not there to fight with the people over there. I am not there to suppress their wages. I am not there to inflat their housing prices. I am not there to snatch away what they call home or their own heritage. I am not there to infest their country.

Singapore is small with no resources. The only resource Singapore has is people. If Singaporeans are being treated like 2nd class citizens where opportunities are first given to foreigners, then something is very wrong.

While i agree with you that Singapore is small and no resources, which i do not see why you would bring this up into the discussion, i am as upset as you if we are treated like 2nd class citizens. But when you say your not there to fight with the locals, are you implying that you are just going to retire there? If so then you have a valid point. But i am sure some others are going overseas to find work, to buy houses, which will mean they are doing exactly what the FTs here are doing. Dont get me wrong im not here to argue with you, i am just upset that people are turning their backs on this country. I have the same sentiments as many of you regarding the foreigners, but this is our home afterall. Though its sad to see we are being treated as 2nd class, i still love this country.

• Praise 1

The problem is , since my father kana TOTO 3M few years back , things have change .

Everytime I am back is SG, he spent most of the time entertaining his new found PRC mei mei mistress,

make me very piss off ,meaning less coming home liao .... :angry:

Sorry to hear that man...

↡ Advertisement