Should I migrate?

Vid

Yes, I totally agree. There must be checks or things will go seriously wrong. I seriously hope this election will bring about this change. If it can't, in 5 years time, I afraid even if we want a change, it might be too difficult when problem is deep into its root.

We are quietly adopting protocol of a neighbouring country?

↡ Advertisement

Migration is something which i will always have in my long term plans.

in fact i am already on the prowl for a property in Batam..

yes you read it rite, it is batam. no sleazy tots hor.. haha! coz i have a friend who hails from Batam and her parents own a hotel there as well and i travel there quite often for cheap massage and seafood. was planning to buy a house near them and i can retire there in future when i grow old. if i need meet with any healthcare issues, i can always come back to singapore. and so far, i dare to say that security is more secure in batam than JB, thus JB is definitely out of the question.

i have plenty of friends who met with social or racial issues in Australia or Canada after their emigration there. i am not in support of living in a developed caucasian country coz i'm not very sure if i can integrate well over there anot.

We are not frogs in a well. Do not just thnk of JB. There is Malacca, Pahang, not just JB. Never like the corrupted Batam immigration people (sometimes tried to detain lone arrival for money).

If I go to another country, I am not there to fight with the people over there. I am not there to suppress their wages. I am not there to inflat their housing prices. I am not there to snatch away what they call home or their own heritage. I am not there to infest their country.

Singapore is small with no resources. The only resource Singapore has is people. If Singaporeans are being treated like 2nd class citizens where opportunities are first given to foreigners, then something is very wrong.

How about we vote to drive the People Avoiding Party out of Singapore then?

I love this country as much as everyone here. Not a lot of countries are like Singapore where it is so small and anything can have a huge impact on society. The influx of FTs has crippled housing, transports and living spaces.

If, and I mean IF, I really leave, it is not because I'm turning my back on the country. It is because the country has force me out. I am only thinking for my next generation.

Do not worry. We can vote them out and stay in Singapore.

i understand where you are coming from.

for me, i have never oppose to foreigners choosing singapore to live in. their choice to stay here is a testament to the success of this country in making it a conducive place to settle in. i welcome those who became citizens shortly after they are here.

but like what Vid said, our country has attracted a lot of unnecessary, like what you mentioned, FTs into our country. they are FTs or 'mercenaries'.... people who come here, to make a whole lot of dough, pack their bags and laugh their way back to their country, leaving nothing behind but crap.

according to the gahment, they are here to create jobs.

but according to the latest employment records from MOM, out of 116700 jobs created in 2010, more than half went to foreigners... leaving the remaining to citizens and PRs.... which effectively means jobs created for bona fide singaporeans are even lesser... this is sad..

Do not worry. We can vote them out and stay in Singapore. Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!

Actually if you were to start planning to migrate.

You must 1st get the house ready, consider it an investment or future proofing.

Once this is done, everything else is easier.

Do not worry, we can vote them out and stay in Singapore.

And you'll still don't feel at home.

If you want better future and migrating is an option which you feel is good, I think that's good enough a reason.

But based on reason 3, no.

And for reason 1 and 2, if everyone has that thinking, we will end up pushing up health care and property prices in other countries. Exactly what we are facing now. We'll become burden or unwanted foreigners.

Do not worry, we can vote them out and DIY healthcare, contain inflation, without them hindering us.

The problem is , since my father kana TOTO 3M few years back , things have change .

Everytime I am back is SG, he spent most of the time entertaining his new found PRC mei mei mistress,

make me very piss off ,meaning less coming home liao .... :angry:

I believe he detained by her instead.

To be frank, I think the opposition parties wll still be thrashed left right centre, but maybe PAP will win by smaller margns and so when you wake up on 8 May, everything is as per normal. Just that you will see a change when the 1 million FTs descend on us.

FTs I can accept, but easy citizenship served on a platter to them like some cheap goreng pisang really irks me. Canada which is known for its immigration friendly policy, still has not granted my friend who worked there for 5 years straight as a professional engineer his PR. Here I cant imagine our gahmen actually cheapens citizenship so much. [rifle]

I will do my best in this election, but after having talked to my friends, security guards at my company, I think the opposition dream is really dead. We are screwed.

Do not worry we can change by voting them out. Remember DIY always works? This time round the ruling party looks less prepared than others.

We all hope so.. but from what we see during this election period with threats and stuff, even if opposition wins, its not going to be easy for them. Like Lord of the Rings.. winning the election only means the opposition becomes the fellowship.. they still need to face thousands of 'orcs' and 'goblins' to get the job done.

Things might get worse but if we vote for them.. we must stand by them..then things will improve.

Else come next election, everyone chicken out.. back to square one =( I have parents to take care of and kids to worry abt.. I dun need an extra park and honestly.. the air quality and noise pollution really sucks with all these construction around.

Do not worry, new ideas can be applicable once they failed to secure the majority votes. We no longer need use most expensive methods, or those solutions with chronic problems behind.

Not really want to be FT of other country but want more "space". If I go to the USA, I see americans. I go to the UK, I see british. Not like here in SG. I go out I see foreigners.

Hahaha..... But when you wake up every morning and look at the mirror, wouldn't you see an FT there too?

• Praise 1

(edited)

1) True and worthy contributing factor.

2) Not true. As property price goes up, your salary goes up too. Ask your parents how much are they earning when they first bought their property. I agree that its not a proportional growth but its the same everywhere in the world unfortunately.

To be honest, Singapore's HDB system ensure everyone (within the income threshold) can afford their OWN house instead of renting. The extremely low interest rate is the reason to housing affordability in Singapore. Rather than comparing "apples with apples" (landed and landed) why not compare the norms?

I can give you a very good example. What does an average Singaporean household live in? How much is that property? Do you know whats the average property price in Australia (thats where I'm living now so I cant say for other countries)? My understanding is average household in Singapore lives in 3-4bedroom HDB which can be anywhere between 250-400k depending on varies factors. This figure is slightly lower than what an average Australian household pay for their house. Regardless of apartment, townhouse, landed house in a suburb in Brisbane, the property price can be between 300-550k (for a 3-4bedroom). Now thats not a big difference you would say but now look at the interest rate, I'm currently paying 7.1%, how much are Singaporeans paying? Do you know 3years ago the interest rate was around 9-10%? And more than 15 years ago it was over 13%? Thats mortgage.

What bout eating out? A plate of chicken rice in Singapore would be $3-$4? We're paying $10. Does that mean I need to earn 2-3times of a Singaporean? Unfortunately I'm not.

I can tell you a way of making money from FTs. Assuming they cannot buy HDBs, you can positive gear a property investment in Singapore.

3) Not a reason for migration, you have your family there and its very different living in another country.

4) They will live as you do and adapt.

5) I dont know how this work but every university will need foreigners because the tuition fees paid by local is peanuts.

6) Doesnt make sense. Serving NS is part of being a Singapore citizen. Whats the jobless rate in Singapore?

Seriously the only reason why I choose to stay back after uni is because of the working environment, cheaper cars and I can get PR very easily.

Also, before you say you wanna migrate, maybe check if you are eligible or not to begin with. A lot of people keep saying they wanna migrate like its that simple...

Excellent Post!! [thumbsup]

Edited by Carnipotent

Supersonic

Whether u are in sg or go to other countries, you will still be a 2nd class citizen. :D

Not really want to be FT of other country but want more "space". If I go to the USA, I see americans. I go to the UK, I see british. Not like here in SG. I go out I see foreigners.

How come different? I mean what I see in USA, I see a lot of foreign workers, When I go UK I see a lot of ppl who are obviously from India(especially so when I see so many working at the airport). I think you speak with a certain agenda(political) here. If you want to speak your mind just do so, dun twist the facts here & there. I for one is not convinced with what you said.

• Praise 1

(edited)

if u can leave ur parents/in-laws slidings, frds here, y not.

its tough competition ahead of us. next generation, will be extra tough, hardship.

not very child can be the top cream of their lot, then how???

wats their future????

life is tough here, enjoy while u can and save enough for urself for old age [:)]

Edited by Tleslie

I'm also thinking of migrating. Papua New Guinea has a plot of white sand beach, freehold property. I'm planning to build a mansion there. Cheaper than any JB or Batam property, only around $100K. After that i still got money for a yacht and a Landrover to bring me to the nearest town if i need some human interaction. I don't mind the 3 hour drive, afterall, there's no ERP. Petrol is a little exp though. No foreigners there to harress you, the occasional National Geographic photographer will avoid your mansion like the plague. The local chicks are hot too....i love their huge frizzy hair.

Anyone keen to move there with me? We can race our Landrovers and see how many sago palms we can knock down......

↡ Advertisement