Is SPC fuel quality#%&@?

Quantum

fyi, SPC and Caltex get their petrol from the same refinery (SRC) on jurong island.

i've been using SPC for past 3 cars of which 2 are turbo-charged and heavily. SPC 98 has consistently gives the best performance in terms of power output during tuning and is the most resistant again engine knocking. shell vpower is the worst in terms of engine knocking

in terms of mileage, i've tried the different brands and all gives very similar mileage. FC depends heavily on driving pattern, road conditions and the car itself.

Seconded! Mine's a hi-comp engine and have been using SPC 98 since Day 1. Not because it's the cheapest, but because it's gives the best overall performance for my car. The only drawback is that my engine tends to run a little rough on it. V-Power though, is even better! All the benefits without a hint of roughness!

Not sure about FC but Shell's "Fuel Save" actually worsened my FC by at least 30km per full tank!

↡ Advertisement

Maybe what you is the Logo of the various brands on the storage tank. To identify the tanks ownership only.

Could be true of common refinery supplying the same fuel stock.

Adding different additives make the differences in fuel 'quality'??

i alsway wonder... it seems that im the only fellow who cannot tell the differents between brands of petrol... not only that, i cannot even tell the different between 92, 95 n 98.... even Vpower feels like 92 to me... LOL

due to sky high fuel price, have to switch over from Caltex to SPC to earn another 7% discount (Caltex 11% vs SPC 18%) [;)]

but some friends told me SPC fuel quality is not as good as other world famous brands (Caltex, Shell, mobil etc), FC and performance both are discounted, and if long term using, might shorten engine lifespan :o

is it??

For over the past ten years, I have been using SPC. My previous rides serve me over 13 years and I have been using SPC all the while. So your friends are proven wrong. How would petrol shorten engine life?

(edited)

I tot SPC more expensive than Esso/Mobil but cheaper then Shell. So if Esso/Mobil feel not like [furious], how will SPC fuel feel like [furious]?

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS

Supercharged

i pump spc too.

on odyssey and mazda3

no problem at all

i pump spc cos very near my house.

simple as that.

You are saying msia petrol quality no good?! [:/]

of cos la..malaysia petrol is much dirty.. as if u pump more at malaysia.. u may need to change ur fuel filter often..

fyi, SPC and Caltex get their petrol from the same refinery (SRC) on jurong island.

i've been using SPC for past 3 cars of which 2 are turbo-charged and heavily. SPC 98 has consistently gives the best performance in terms of power output during tuning and is the most resistant again engine knocking. shell vpower is the worst in terms of engine knocking

in terms of mileage, i've tried the different brands and all gives very similar mileage. FC depends heavily on driving pattern, road conditions and the car itself.

I second that. Been on all four brands. All similar and I would say branding and the 'feel good' factor are the ones doing mind tricks. What is more important is engine maintanence and using the correct RON fuel

• Praise 1

By the way, care to elaborate on 'rough', e.g. need to accelerate more on uphill, or more noise during acceleration, etc. ?

I think I agree ... not sure why since 'Fuel Save' ... the FC seems poorer ... not sure if anyone else also feels that too ?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Have always been going to malaysia to refuel if not go to SPC if have to refuel in SG. Can't feel any difference between all the brands so have been sticking to SPC or Malaysia since its near my house.

SPC and ESSO for me, gives the worst FC.

Caltex and shell give me the best.

even V power gives me inproved FC and Perf.

its the car. not the driver

SPC and ESSO for me, gives the worst FC.

Caltex and shell give me the best.

even V power gives me inproved FC and Perf.

its the car. not the driver

Caltex always give me 50km less per tank compared to Esso. Maybe 'cos the add more cleaning agents.

(edited)

Caltex always give me 50km less per tank compared to Esso. Maybe 'cos the add more cleaning agents.

for me, V power gives about 50km more mileage for me compared to caltex 98.

and my car needs min RON 98.

no prizes for guessing which petrol i pump.

esso and SPC give me the worst.

Edited by Mllcg

Turbocharged

aiyoh, car engines, if maintained well, have no problem lasting even 20 years...

only in Singapore that we think cars will stall after 5 years and totally break down on its 10th year

aiyoh, car engines, if maintained well, have no problem lasting even 20 years...

only in Singapore that we think cars will stall after 5 years and totally break down on its 10th year

not even 20

30-40 also have.

↡ Advertisement