Fiat Doblo is it a good van for personal use?

Blackie89

hi all thinking of getting Fiat for own use need some advise here.. is it a good mini van to get? or is there others better my buget is arond 30k so need all guru help =)

You might wanna consider otherwise as i've been driving the Doblo manual version (the pedals for example is wierdly placed too near) and it has maintenance issues now and then... I rather not list it down cos It will just get into very bad discussions. Due to its deisel engine the idling is very rattling most of the time. The windows don't go down fully and its a bitch when you enter parking lots that require you to slot in your cashcard. If you love it just get the auto version think it should be fine.

It should be fine if you drive in city area alone but not getting across the island most of the time.

↡ Advertisement

My ride of six years, has never given me an issue except the regular maintenance. There was once the clutch has a problem, but then it was under warranty & the agent took care of it, i jus pay for the regular servicing.....

was involved in an accident with a Fiat Doblo once... i guess people find it powerful, but its brakes doesn't seem up to par if you take it above its speed limit...

for me, the problem that i encounter are minor does not affect the joy for driving a fiat.

that's the reason why I upgrade to another fiat after 5 years!

I change to a car so that I can chiong 100km/h on lane 1 without fear [:p]

of course cannot fight with jap cars

and for turbo diesel maintenance, after warranty damn siong.

that's why he going for petrol now

yes, i owned a fiat doblo for 5 years with no regret, 1 tank of diesel can run 1000km and i know a workshop that specialize in fiat van

i love fiat so much that I have upgraded to another fiat car

let me know if you are really getting a doblo, i still have some parts and accessories that you can use

mind sharing the workshop address? :D

TIA

Neutral Newbie

If you need a new Fiat Doblo, please call Dex at 98775522 for a test drive

Our packages are :

5 years warranty

5 years free servicing on oil change and labour

1 year insurance

1 year road tax

etc ...

I going thru the website to see the review on Fiat Doblo and wish to input my feedback. Bought mine a few months ago. 

I do have to say that they have a pretty attractive warranty and service package by default. The accessories they are offering are all branded too. The van comes with a sofa at the back and can seat 3 people comfortably. Spacious cargo area and great fuel efficiency. The service provided by the salesman is great (in term of discount. haha). 

All in all, it is a good commercial vehicle. No regret buying. 

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

It has broken the engine of the fiat doblo that I buy new.

At the dealership they do not know how to tell me why the distribution chain was broken when the car only had 75000 km and it had a good lubricating oil (Elix 5w 30)

I had already made two oil changes with filter and everything.

I do not know if it has anything to do with the chain being, in my opinion, very fixed. 

I send a picture of the chain and compare it with a bicycle

Now I do not pass the 2500 rpm for fear that it will happen again since I have not been assured that it will not happen again.

If someone can give me an idea of the reason, I would be very grateful.

Best regards

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

It has broken the engine of the fiat doblo that I buy new.

At the dealership they do not know how to tell me why the distribution chain was broken when the car only had 75000 km and it had a good lubricating oil (Elix 5w 30)

I had already made two oil changes with filter and everything.

I do not know if it has anything to do with the chain being, in my opinion, very fixed.

I send a picture of the chain and compare it with a bicycle

Now I do not pass the 2500 rpm for fear that it will happen again since I have not been assured that it will not happen again.

If someone can give me an idea of the reason, I would be very grateful.

Best regards

When was your purchase? You bought the euro 6 doblo cargo van 1.6MT? Thought of getting one myself. Maintenace and repair cost isit high? Anyone can share infos of this model. Considering Nissan NV200 too.

Neutral Newbie

I bought a fiat dobló and I am realizing that it was a very bad purchase since it has an exaggeratedly delicate engine. The distribution chain broke with 75000Km making a quiet ride. In addition it gives many failures of switchboard and is especially noisy.

Neutral Newbie

When was your purchase? You bought the euro 6 doblo cargo van 1.6MT? Thought of getting one myself. Maintenace and repair cost isit high? Anyone can share infos of this model. Considering Nissan NV200 too.

Hi, I bought a fiat dobló panoramic 1.3 multijet in the year 2011, and the repair was especially expensive (more than 2000 euros). regards

If you have not made your purchase, you would be aafer to buy a nissan.