• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
44 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

Noelleon69
  • Premium member
    Noelleon69
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys,

Am thinking of getting an active sub to put under the car seat. Did a search in the forum and results are topics that were some time back, so thought I ask again to see if there are new developments :) I'm not an audiophile so I don't need high end one, but same time don't want to get very cheap brandless/china ones that might not last.

Just looking for one roughly that is value for money for its performance. My Scirocco is due to arrive soon, so since I don't have the car yet I don't have the under seat space measurements but would like to shortlist some options first.

I have read some discussion on Pioneer TS-WX11A. Also saw 3 models from Steelmate SW826, SW826V & SW833V2. Any thoughts?

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:49 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Congrats on the Sirocco. The Pioneer one is pretty good. Can consider the Alpine SWE-1000 too. I am using it now. It's thicker than the Pioneer one so might not fit under the seat. Have to check first.

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Audioniche
  • Audioniche
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

I have an Alpine SWD-1600 for sale though. Please contact me at 92218455 if you are keen.
HU - Clarion HX-D2 (with upgraded Power Supply)
Front 3 Way Active - Hybrid Audio Legatia L1 / L4 / L6
Amps - 3 X Genesis Dual Mono
Sub - Genesis A30.1
Monoblock - DLS A6
RCAs - Mogami

Photos can be found in Facebook under Audioniche

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:12 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

using the Pioneer TS-WX11A, so far so good.

no regret in buying it in the first place thumbsup.gif
bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

Noelleon69
  • Premium member
    Noelleon69
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yeah the Alpine SWE-1000 does look fat... probably might not fit under the seat. SWD-1600 is quite an old model right.

Keep the feedback coming :)

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

Sky_vinz
  • Sky_vinz
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Personally, I did a little research by reading thru several forums and internet reviews before making my choice. And I got myself a Steelmate SW826. Have been using it for the past 2 years now. So far so good, just enough to meet my expectations. Dont expect hardcore bass which will shake the whole car though.
Regards
sky_vinz

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:40 AM

Tailgatepro
  • Tailgatepro
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

i using pioneer one, my bro using other brand. So far under seat active sub is still very weak compare to box. any cheap box one can win my pioneer underseat sub. but cannot compare as require room size is different. So don't except can even win those cheapo box

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

Carowner
  • Carowner
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just curious, will those underseat sub affects the comfort of the driver? Usually where is the remote control panel install?

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i'm usin this -

http://sg.kenwood.co...oofers/KSC-SW01

no need super boom, just enuf to enhance clean bass to make listening more balance is good enuf for me, usually turn volume to near a quarter.

Edited by Fuelsaver, 23 June 2011 - 05:51 PM.

FS

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:24 AM

Pisces69
  • Premium member
    Pisces69
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have an Alpine SWD-1600 for sale though. Please contact me at 92218455 if you are keen.

How much?

I also thinking of an under-seat woofer. But not those high end type. Just something simple to give a bit more bass only n easy to install.

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I got this model too.

Soft bass type, not the hard bang bang type. but the remote control is useful.

Got it fix while holidaying in MY, cost me RM$800.

What much did you pay?

Edited by 5936, 25 June 2011 - 09:24 PM.

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

I got this model too.

Soft bass type, not the hard bang bang type. but the remote control is useful.

Got it fix while holidaying in MY, cost me RM$800.

What much did you pay?

yup, agree. i paid about 400. initially felt kinda ex, den again, very limited shops sellin this...

compared this w pioneer & helix, i like the design very much, as it most futuristic, compact & light among underseat subs.

Edited by Fuelsaver, 26 June 2011 - 12:50 AM.

FS

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

i think this one quite value -

http://www.mycarforu...p;product=14359

last year asked include install about 4xx.

Edited by Fuelsaver, 08 July 2011 - 03:56 PM.

FS

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

PeterKang
  • PeterKang
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Just curious, will those underseat sub affects the comfort of the driver? Usually where is the remote control panel install?

Last time i`m using a 8inc underseat sub woofer. It was place under passager seat. I ask my wife if she can feel it, she say feel nothing. Only when i blast then she say can feel just a bit only... sleep.gif"

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:32 AM

Larlee
  • Larlee
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

being using Pioneer TS-WX11A for 4 yrs. so far so good. steelmate seems stronger bass as it is 10"
but all these sub have limitation to low frequency. may need a good pair of speakers to help a little.

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

Picanto
if driving a hatchback, the underseat woofer is useful. other than that, should get a proper subwoofer

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:35 PM

Exanimated
  • Exanimated
    1st Gear
    Author Image

if driving a hatchback, the underseat woofer is useful. other than that, should get a proper subwoofer

Totally agree. Just changed from a 4 door to a 5 door.

Old 4 door had a cheapo sub 12" sub box. If not for the hatch boot, would've swapped it into the new car rather than a low powered active.

Space should be the only reason not to get a proper woofer.

Posted 04 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Carbutt
  • Carbutt
    1st Gear
    Author Image

SWE-1000 seems pretty good. Tested one in my colleague's car, the sound was pretty clear. Of course he went to do sound proofing, so i gues that helped in the sound quality also. I shld also do the same too
CATS'!!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Vice78
  • Premium member
    Vice78
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I've used the Pioneer before. Pretty decent. Can consider.

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:42 AM

GinoDavis
  • GinoDavis
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Myvi 1.5 adv user here
Planning to get one underseat sub.

Current setup
Factory touch screen HU
Front speakers replaced with JBL CS762 2 way coaxial.
Rear door speaker: 6" stock

With this setup bass is too low at volume 15
I have no plan to change HU or addin amplifier. The current HU is capable of delivering 20W RMS X4

Can someone help to chose from below.
Kenwood KSC-SW11
PioneerTS-WX120A
DB drive euphoria EPS 8

Tq

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users