Recommend under seat active sub

Noelleon69

Hi guys,

Am thinking of getting an active sub to put under the car seat. Did a search in the forum and results are topics that were some time back, so thought I ask again to see if there are new developments :) I'm not an audiophile so I don't need high end one, but same time don't want to get very cheap brandless/china ones that might not last.

Just looking for one roughly that is value for money for its performance. My Scirocco is due to arrive soon, so since I don't have the car yet I don't have the under seat space measurements but would like to shortlist some options first.

I have read some discussion on Pioneer TS-WX11A. Also saw 3 models from Steelmate SW826, SW826V & SW833V2. Any thoughts?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Congrats on the Sirocco. The Pioneer one is pretty good. Can consider the Alpine SWE-1000 too. I am using it now. It's thicker than the Pioneer one so might not fit under the seat. Have to check first.

Supercharged

using the Pioneer TS-WX11A, so far so good.

no regret in buying it in the first place [thumbsup]

Yeah the Alpine SWE-1000 does look fat... probably might not fit under the seat. SWD-1600 is quite an old model right.

Keep the feedback coming :)

Personally, I did a little research by reading thru several forums and internet reviews before making my choice. And I got myself a Steelmate SW826. Have been using it for the past 2 years now. So far so good, just enough to meet my expectations. Dont expect hardcore bass which will shake the whole car though.

i using pioneer one, my bro using other brand. So far under seat active sub is still very weak compare to box. any cheap box one can win my pioneer underseat sub. but cannot compare as require room size is different. So don't except can even win those cheapo box

Neutral Newbie

Just curious, will those underseat sub affects the comfort of the driver? Usually where is the remote control panel install?

I have an Alpine SWD-1600 for sale though. Please contact me at 92218455 if you are keen.

How much?

I also thinking of an under-seat woofer. But not those high end type. Just something simple to give a bit more bass only n easy to install.

(edited)

I got this model too.

Soft bass type, not the hard bang bang type. but the remote control is useful.

Got it fix while holidaying in MY, cost me RM$800.

What much did you pay?

Edited by 5936

(edited)

I got this model too.

Soft bass type, not the hard bang bang type. but the remote control is useful.

Got it fix while holidaying in MY, cost me RM$800.

What much did you pay?

yup, agree. i paid about 400. initially felt kinda ex, den again, very limited shops sellin this...

compared this w pioneer & helix, i like the design very much, as it most futuristic, compact & light among underseat subs.

Edited by Fuelsaver

Just curious, will those underseat sub affects the comfort of the driver? Usually where is the remote control panel install?

Last time i`m using a 8inc underseat sub woofer. It was place under passager seat. I ask my wife if she can feel it, she say feel nothing. Only when i blast then she say can feel just a bit only... -_-"

Neutral Newbie

being using Pioneer TS-WX11A for 4 yrs. so far so good. steelmate seems stronger bass as it is 10"

but all these sub have limitation to low frequency. may need a good pair of speakers to help a little.

if driving a hatchback, the underseat woofer is useful. other than that, should get a proper subwoofer

Totally agree. Just changed from a 4 door to a 5 door.

Old 4 door had a cheapo sub 12" sub box. If not for the hatch boot, would've swapped it into the new car rather than a low powered active.

Space should be the only reason not to get a proper woofer.

Neutral Newbie

SWE-1000 seems pretty good. Tested one in my colleague's car, the sound was pretty clear. Of course he went to do sound proofing, so i gues that helped in the sound quality also. I shld also do the same too

↡ Advertisement