Any1 owns a Samsung galaxy Tab?

Roverboy

Turbocharged

I find the screen abit too small.. so i'm waiting for the Tab 10.1.. that will rival the iPad2...

I have.

Got good got bad.

Can use as a phone but look like a korkernathan (i like all things big. Looking silly doesnt bother me. In fact, i quite like it.)

screen size is good enough.

Going forward, i would prefer a lousy small phone but is able to tittle 3g to a larger pad. That way, i can have best of both world.

depends on what you need it for.

for games, Internet surfing, movie, YouTube .... bigger screen is better.

but for reading, occasion surfing, you need to carry it all the time, tab is better.

me and wife started reading ebook and the iPad is big, heavy and difficult to hold

Bought the WiFi non 3g ver last week

However I can't seem to get it connect online via paired with my android phone making full use of existing data plan when WiFi aren't available

Any had the remedy to it?

Thx in advance

Bought the WiFi non 3g ver last week

However I can't seem to get it connect online via paired with my android phone making full use of existing data plan when WiFi aren't available

Any had the remedy to it?

Thx in advance

u gotta setup the settings for 3g connection...call m`1/SH or St for it

I got a colleague who prefer Tab... His reason? So that he can hold the tablet in one hand and PCC with the other hand.... iPad too heavy to hold in one hand.....

If you are more into watching downloaded movies, android tablet win hands down.... If you want apps, android apps for tablet is still in its infancy. Anyway, unique to old android tab, it's still using froyo, not honeycomb, so it's just an oversized phone. Tablet with honeycomb will be a full fledge tablet OS...

Ipad2 is lighter and faster as its dual core..... already has camera in it.... but because of the stupid limitations of idevices, it will not allow you to transfer files via bluetooth, download err-hmm music online, no apps for free movie & TV streaming, need itunes to transfer files from PC which is a pain ... just too much hassles and limitations.

Tab on the other hand does not have all the above mentioned limitations. It does lag a fair bit compared to even the ipad (let alone ipad2). So in order to make it lag less and run faster, need to root the bugger, do overclock to 1.2GHz and if you want, do under-volting to save on battery life. For mine, after rooting and OC with UV, it lags a little and runs faster..... its more like a proper tablet now. Screen size is subjective... but I'd prefer something slightly larger like the Xoom. (So no need to zoom here & there, pan left & right to read). On the whole.... I'd prefer this to the ipad.

Neutral Newbie

now they are coming out with ice cream sandwich! [rolleyes]

i wonder whats with these foodie names eh? prog designer hungry at the point of time? [laugh]

Ipad2 is lighter and faster as its dual core..... already has camera in it.... but because of the stupid limitations of idevices, it will not allow you to transfer files via bluetooth, download err-hmm music online, no apps for free movie & TV streaming, need itunes to transfer files from PC which is a pain ... just too much hassles and limitations.

Tab on the other hand does not have all the above mentioned limitations. It does lag a fair bit compared to even the ipad (let alone ipad2). So in order to make it lag less and run faster, need to root the bugger, do overclock to 1.2GHz and if you want, do under-volting to save on battery life. For mine, after rooting and OC with UV, it lags a little and runs faster..... its more like a proper tablet now. Screen size is subjective... but I'd prefer something slightly larger like the Xoom. (So no need to zoom here & there, pan left & right to read). On the whole.... I'd prefer this to the ipad.

i believe some of the "limitation" can be done

download online music via Amped from Singtel - free

Free screening of movie - Done

transfer file - JB

↡ Advertisement