Toyota Prius Alpha/Plus

Yongwd

what are the other hybrid options? Freed Hybrid?

Toyota HSD offers a 60 KWatt 400 Nm torque hybrid motors and can drag the 1.5-ton body up to 76 Km/h.  You can check on Honda Freed's motors (if I am not wrong, it is less than 30 KWatt) and most of Freed's power and torque come from its engine.  From here, you can deduct the efficiencies of the hybrid performance.

Edited by chonsiew

Because there are no other alternatives if buyers continue to choose Toyota. 

Yes or NO.

If for a full hybrid of similar or better performance than Toyota's Hyper Synergy Drive (HSD), there may be no equal at this moment.

But if you are happy with mild hybrid or Plugin Hybrid, there are plenty to choose from.  If you stay landed or having a dedicated charging point at home and at work, there are even more choice.

is this why i notice some prius (taxi) tend to drive off 'slowly' from the traffic light in order to keep in the electric mode?  There was this PHV Prius on KJE driving ~80km on the right most lane.  quite jia lat.  

For "Anyhow drive", the Prius (Taxi version) can achieve 25 Km/L quite easily.  And ~18 Km/L for the heavier Prius+/Alpha.  I suspect the driver was trying to achieve more by driving around 80 Km/h but he (or she) should stay away from rightmost lane just like I do -- Only now a day:)

Sat in as a front passenger for my nephew's Lexus ES 300H (H for Hybrid).  The drive and its ride is superlative for a luxury hybrid saloon and my only comment - The fantastic contribution of HSD to the value of Lexus range.

May be next.:)

seems like a trend for Wish driver to upgrade to Prius +

I have a few WISHes at my neibourhood and indeed, they are very interested of Prius+.  And 2 of them wanted to extend the COE of their Wishes and I have to agree, Wish is also a fantastic Toyota range and Prius+/Alpha is a worthy replacement if  HSD and lower running cost are preferred.  As mentioned in my earlier posts, there are much less things to replace for HSD.  For example, there is no clutch and its drive-by-wire joystick is a wonder. 

seems like a trend for Wish driver to upgrade to Prius +

Basically it is the same form factor with a hybrid system. Those who find their needs met with a Wish can transituon to a Prius+ easily. but have to say that the PIs are stealing a lot of hybrid business away from ADs due to lack of choice. Popular hybrids like Sienta Freed and Shuttle hybrids are all PI only.

Sat in as a front passenger for my nephew's Lexus ES 300H (H for Hybrid).  The drive and its ride is superlative for a luxury hybrid saloon and my only comment - The fantastic contribution of HSD to the value of Lexus range.

May be next.:)

rich nephew! [laugh]

Basically it is the same form factor with a hybrid system. Those who find their needs met with a Wish can transituon to a Prius+ easily. but have to say that the PIs are stealing a lot of hybrid business away from ADs due to lack of choice. Popular hybrids like Sienta Freed and Shuttle hybrids are all PI only.

agree....why are the ADs not bringing in the hybrid?  BM has few hybrid in their range from Kah Motor has none?

Today, i have tried the cruise control and it is actually very good in fuel consumption. I manage to get 20.3km/L today. I also tried using B yesterday when uphill and downhill, but notice the fuel consumption is not as good as using normal D selection just to for normal drive.

• Praise 1

rich nephew! [laugh]

agree....why are the ADs not bringing in the hybrid?  BM has few hybrid in their range from Kah Motor has none?

Kah Motors did bring in some hybrids in the past like the FD Civic hybrid, FCX Clarity, CRZ, and Insight.

They didn't really sell well.

But now the market is changing towards greener cars. I think it's time to bring them back.

• Praise 1

Today, i have tried the cruise control and it is actually very good in fuel consumption. I manage to get 20.3km/L today. I also tried using B yesterday when uphill and downhill, but notice the fuel consumption is not as good as using normal D selection just to for normal drive.

The negative part of cruise control is adherent to set speed and thus may abruptly increase or decrease vehicle power to maintain the speed. The abruption affects FC as ICE usually has to cut in to meet immediate change or even self braking to reduce a kilometer above the set speed.  Adaptive cruise control using radar is the best and it anticipates and reduce the abruption.

I used it during my last NSH drive and I liked it as even at 110 Km/h, the HSD still managed to use hybrid motors in the Assist Mode.  This reduced the engine rpm to as low as possible - save fuel.  But the best speed for best FC is ~90 Km/h.

rich nephew! [laugh]

agree....why are the ADs not bringing in the hybrid? BM has few hybrid in their range from Kah Motor has none?

Sometimes as AD they do not get to choose the models they get to launch in SG. Head office often dictate what models are available of sale in the region strategically.

The negative part of cruise control is adherent to set speed and thus may abruptly increase or decrease vehicle power to maintain the speed. The abruption affects FC as ICE usually has to cut in to meet immediate change or even self braking to reduce a kilometer above the set speed. Adaptive cruise control using radar is the best and it anticipates and reduce the abruption.

I used it during my last NSH drive and I liked it as even at 110 Km/h, the HSD still managed to use hybrid motors in the Assist Mode. This reduced the engine rpm to as low as possible - save fuel. But the best speed for best FC is ~90 Km/h.

Cruise control is good when driving open highways. It is actually more economical in FC. without adaptive CC, we can adapt ourselves ny disengaging the CC to slow down and slowly picking up speed using our foot then turning on again by setting the cruise speed. It will work out better than adaptive CC actually. CC is definitely a leg saver and I use it a lot on long drives. It saved my leg on two of my 5600km drives across China. Edited by bobochupchup

How to use adaptive CC? So far, using cruise control for me is good for highway and fc. Want to try the adaptive cc after your discussion but don't know how to do it as i don't even know it.

How to use adaptive CC? So far, using cruise control for me is good for highway and fc. Want to try the adaptive cc after your discussion but don't know how to do it as i don't even know it.

it is not available on the AD Pius+ in sg. On the oberseas versions of the prius alpha, prius V and prius plus, it is available as an option.

Hi can I check if the Prius Alpha has spare tyres if no are there alternatives to fix a flat tyre.

I would also like to comment that the car is great after 6months of driving

• Praise 1

Hi can I check if the Prius Alpha has spare tyres if no are there alternatives to fix a flat tyre.

I would also like to comment that the car is great after 6months of driving

Due to the Prius+ having a Li-on battery under the center console, it has space under the boot. So yes, it comes with a spare tyre, but it is smaller sized temporary spare tyre not a full sized spare tyre.

Due to the Prius+ having a Li-on battery under the center console, it has space under the boot. So yes, it comes with a spare tyre, but it is smaller sized temporary spare tyre not a full sized spare tyre.

Thanks for the update I should go back to my dealer I just checked there’s no spare tyre

Thanks for the update I should go back to my dealer I just checked there’s no spare tyre
↡ Advertisement