• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
539 replies to this topic | 696 praises

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I've been told Borneo Motors has imported this car and list price is $120k, anyone got more info?
Paper Specs (98hp, 142nm torque) not very impressive but I suppose it shld be sufficient for a hybrid?

I doubt any bread and butter Toyota cars can be considered impressive. There are always Better cars than theirs. Toyota cars sell on reliability only

Posted 27 May 2018 - 05:48 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

My SE told me the hybrid battery is new type ION battery. 10 year warranty 1-1 change.
Angcheek praised this
** Riding passion

Car
2007-Civic EG, 2009-Lancer EX, 2012-JDM WRX,
2012-Civic FD, 2014-Lancer CS3M, 2015- RN6-Z,
2018 - GB7.

Bike
2000 - Hornet 125R, 2002 - CBR400R-L, 2007- Super 4 Spec II
2018 - Finally, i am back in riding, ZX10R.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:20 PM

Matrix0405
  • Premium member
    Matrix0405
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My SE told me the hybrid battery is new type ION battery. 10 year warranty 1-1 change.

An improvement from the NimH in earlier version. Batt life around 7yr or 150K km.  Just like in handphone, ion batt going to last longer; better memory effect.

Angcheek praised this

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:29 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I doubt any bread and butter Toyota cars can be considered impressive. There are always Better cars than theirs. Toyota cars sell on reliability only

Reliability is already a good selling point to sell the car.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:08 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

An improvement from the NimH in earlier version. Batt life around 7yr or 150K km. Just like in handphone, ion batt going to last longer; better memory effect.

Icic. I am deciding to get it a not. Still thinking hard. Any prius alpha or + driver here?
** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 27 May 2018 - 09:13 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Reliability is already a good selling point to sell the car.

That's what the local market demands

Posted 27 May 2018 - 10:24 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

That's what the local market demands

I believe not many people in the world would want an unreliable car.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:17 PM

Privacy
  • Privacy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Would have gotten this bt the 3rd row space is really bad..

No choice... Bought a Noah at same price 119k...but less features

Posted 28 May 2018 - 01:04 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Would have gotten this bt the 3rd row space is really bad..

No choice... Bought a Noah at same price 119k...but less features

Noah height is 1.8m++? Hybrid model?
** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:08 PM

sincereseller
  • sincereseller
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi all, I am considering between Prius Plus and Outlander as I am looking for 7 seater. Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated?

Personally like the Outlander for its' features but concerned about the FC. Heard it could be as bad as 8-9km/L.

Edited by sincereseller, 28 May 2018 - 02:22 PM.

Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Cauldron
  • Cauldron
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Went for a test sit, my friend was test driving.

The 3rd row was quite small and i had to slant my legs. Getting in and out takes a but of skills, so if you intend to take 7 adults or tall folks, this may not be the car for you

Aircon was quite all right at the third row although there is a lack of mid chasis blower. 

The spare tyre was below the floor of the boot which creates some buffer in case of rear impact, which i found was quite intelligent use of space.

The boot and overall feel was it was too plastic-ky. 

Should be good on the fuel consumption

antelop, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:57 PM

Privacy
  • Privacy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Noah height is 1.8m++? Hybrid model?

1.82m i think...
Petrol 8 seater. I don't like hybrid

Posted 28 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

Evo5sg
  • Evo5sg
    Clutched
    Author Image

Went to take a look at the car this afternoon at Leng Kee.

Only 1 car for test drive. Not inside showroom.

Found out from SE that the first batch has been swiped by PHV.

Not sure which company.

Compared to Stream:

Last row is tight.

Don't like the central tunnel / storage place that curves out towards 2nd row.

2nd row middle sit will be uncomfortable.

Will still wait out since no change in VES for this model.

antelop, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 28 May 2018 - 09:27 PM

Dscheng
  • Premium member
    Dscheng
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Went to take a look at the car this afternoon at Leng Kee.
Only 1 car for test drive. Not inside showroom.

Found out from SE that the first batch has been swiped by PHV.
Not sure which company.

Compared to Stream:
Last row is tight.
Don't like the central tunnel / storage place that curves out towards 2nd row.
2nd row middle sit will be uncomfortable.

Will still wait out since no change in VES for this model.

So u not considering? I also go test ride sunday. Dont like the central tunnel. But due to hybrid batt, no choice. I am still deciding.
** Riding passion

Car
2018 - GB7.

Bike

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:39 AM

sincereseller
  • sincereseller
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi all, I am considering between Prius Plus and Outlander as I am looking for 7 seater. Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated?

Personally like the Outlander for its' features but concerned about the FC. Heard it could be as bad as 8-9km/L.

Outlander, although my preferred choice, has pretty bad FC IMO. Decided to just go for Prius+ for its' FC. Looks and drive wise pretty normal but not too concerned about it.

antelop praised this

Posted 30 May 2018 - 12:12 PM

Privacy
  • Privacy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

outlander should be safer? higher driving height

Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:09 PM

iphone8
  • iphone8
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

outlander should be safer? higher driving height

Higher center of gravity. Easy to turn turtle?

Posted 30 May 2018 - 10:23 PM

chonsiew
  • chonsiew
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Prius-2016-02.jpg

TOYOTA-Prius-v-Prius-5661_6.jpeg

Would you switch to the most sensible family transport consider the followings:

1.   The oil price is on upward trend ...

2.   Vehicle related taxes are going up for whatever reason ...

3.   Car speed is restrictive and regulated within Singapore roads ...

4.   At $119.988, sensible for a 7-seater? The Prius sedan cost $35,000 more!!

5.   20 years of super reliable track records

Wish to have your opinions if you ever drove one.

https://forms.borneo...ASAAEgLB1vD_BwE

antelop praised this

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

chonsiew
  • chonsiew
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

A worthy read for those still behind the HSD development.  Wonder what have changed since 2012 for the Prius+ or seem like SG is having a tried and tested HSD?

https://newsroom.toy...um-ion-battery/

Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:45 PM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Outlander, although my preferred choice, has pretty bad FC IMO. Decided to just go for Prius+ for its' FC. Looks and drive wise pretty normal but not too concerned about it.

Both different category.
If you are concern about FC then you just left choice of hybrid wont go wrong.
Please read below link before response. Let's keep MCF environment harmony..
http://www.mycarforu...les-guidelines/

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Toyota, Prius, Alpha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users