<Need Advice> O2 Sensor for Mazda 3 (2004 Model)

Slew

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I am driving a 2004 Mazda 3, with ard 130K mileage. Recently, the engine warning light was activated. Sent it to cityauto @ sin ming and they informed that the O2 sensor is faulty. replacement cost is $500+ (or $400+, cant remember). They also said that the consumption could be affected if it is not changed. been driving for ard 3 weeks and consumption is affected just a little.

Can bros who had faced this issue advise if this price is reasonable, or are there workshops with better prices? (seems a bit exp. for a change of sensor!) Also, is it ok for me to ignore the problem and continue driving with the light on? Have googled for answers but pple seem to be on both sides of the fence on this issue.

Thanks in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Best to replace, o2 sensor fail will cause your FC to drop, car no power etc.. Part and parcel of maintenance. If you want to gauge, call up a mazda stockist to check the price of the sensor and you judge from there.

Hi all,

I am driving a 2004 Mazda 3, with ard 130K mileage. Recently, the engine warning light was activated. Sent it to cityauto @ sin ming and they informed that the O2 sensor is faulty. replacement cost is $500+ (or $400+, cant remember). They also said that the consumption could be affected if it is not changed. been driving for ard 3 weeks and consumption is affected just a little.

Can bros who had faced this issue advise if this price is reasonable, or are there workshops with better prices? (seems a bit exp. for a change of sensor!) Also, is it ok for me to ignore the problem and continue driving with the light on? Have googled for answers but pple seem to be on both sides of the fence on this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Try asking around jb. My cousin got his rectified on 2nd try. Something about inserting a resistor that's all.

He can't rem workshop name but GE rem is around 皇后 there

Neutral Newbie

thanks guys...

i'll call up some mazda stockists to check. hv found some contact info here.

Neutral Newbie

you might want to try cleaning it yourself. I did that to my mazda 6 and managed to solve it but be very careful.

(edited)

You will need to have the right tools to remove and install the sensor. Due to high exhaust temp the unit is almost "weld" to the exhaust pipe. Cleaning the threads it a must to ensure the new unit seats in properly without any exhaust leakage.

post-272-1305379573_thumb.jpg

post-272-1305379591_thumb.jpg

Edited by Yeobh

Neutral Newbie

Since we're on this, are these sensors universal? Just wondering would it be compatible or not.

Neutral Newbie

hi Jasonjst,

thanks...

are there 2 sensors to replace, ie. before and after cat converter?

any website to recommend for the purchase? browse through ebay but their description not clear.

Neutral Newbie

Yeobh and Tlow,

thanks for the tips. i still need to find out the locations of the o2 sensors first :)

hi need advise urgently ...

i've fix both o2 sensors but 1 day later the engine chk light came on again .. any advice ....

thnks /Sheikh

↡ Advertisement