Hilux double cab pickup can worth so much?

Roh96

Hypersonic

With this kind of depreciation, one might as well buy a new one. The depreciation is about the same.

↡ Advertisement

double cabs are classified under goods and passenger vehicles (GPVs) and taxed differently when they were imported, if i remmeber double of normal goods van.

my twin cab road tax is less than 700 a year [cool]

Hey bro...

ur twin cab is registered under company's or individual?

Also, yours is the 3.0l or the 2.5l?

Thanks

[:)]

there's a black hilux running around in singapore with a wide body kit.

that is the best looking double cab around locally.. quiet, yet loud!

i think i have seen him headed towards loyang area...wonder how he parks in carparks ?looks realli realli wide if u were to ask me

hi there,

I drive a mit triton and love every minute of it.

Though it came butt ugly stock, a few accessories and its a good truck :)

I dont drive into malaysia, so not a problem for me :)

speed limit, actually, its a good thing becos its actually safer for myself and my passenger :)

black smoke for new euro 4 trucks are not really an issue. but if you " play" around with it, then its a diff story, BUT the torque is amazing :)

Yearly inspection is sian cos i'm running after market rims, so that one i got to change back.

but overall, its a unique ride ( for singapore roads you dont see one like it everyday) and that though diesel prices are increasing, it's still cheaper than petrol :)

my opinion, its a life style vehicle.

P.S lots of modding potentials for the truck too , hehehe

With the price i got it, you can easily buy a civic 2L ( b4 the crazy COE) and other nicer sedans, but well, my choice, hahaha

Cheers!

I've downgraded from combo to STi, and I can tell you diesel really rocks totally. Only issue is troublesome to go malaysia. And of course, diesel don't have high end torque and thus much less horsepower. But low-end torque is more useful most of the time.

For these twin cab pickups, makes good sense for those who don't need to go malaysia, don't mind high CG, and high-mileage drivers. due to the other taxes such as no scrap value and higher road tax (compare with commercial veh, still lower than 2l petrol engines), it may not translate to savings for those who don't drive much.

diesel is really a must try. like high bhp turbo petrol. But diesel is something you can live with everyday. turbo petrol can be quite killer on running costs, besides having so much more that can be modded.

I've downgraded from combo to STi, and I can tell you diesel really rocks totally. Only issue is troublesome to go malaysia. And of course, diesel don't have high end torque and thus much less horsepower. But low-end torque is more useful most of the time.

For these twin cab pickups, makes good sense for those who don't need to go malaysia, don't mind high CG, and high-mileage drivers. due to the other taxes such as no scrap value and higher road tax (compare with commercial veh, still lower than 2l petrol engines), it may not translate to savings for those who don't drive much.

diesel is really a must try. like high bhp turbo petrol. But diesel is something you can live with everyday. turbo petrol can be quite killer on running costs, besides having so much more that can be modded.

yo boy boy,

think i saw ur post sometime back on comparing the 2, hahaha..

for me, i dont go into malaysia, but my usage is above average. so the savings on the fuel is still there.

though i lose on the parf value ( after 10 yrs i scrap get nothing back),

i save on diesel, save on road tax ( compared to a 2.5L petrol car road tax), save on insurance ( still a savings as compared if i got a 2L civic under my name, i'm below 30 yrs).

but the feeling of the torque pulling at 1.8k rpm onwards is dam shiok :)

plus my truck has modding potential of ard 260bhp + 600 nm with a few upgrades. but the truck not meant for taking corners, so its good for just straights. hahaha... but that one still headache..

5th gear over taking is a breeze, no need to rev high just overtake, hahahaha..

but anyway, its still an " acquired choice" as others will just get a car :)

Cheers

Supersonic

I find the recent pickup like the Mitsubishi and the Toyota looks not bad, they are big and also seems to be quite powerful, and also can sit like 4-5 pasengers. Looks like driving such pick-up is even better than a 2.0L car or even MPV. :D

Nissa Navara coming soon! Double cab has 400Nm of torque at 2000rpm!

this one i also heard from you.

but must check which variant they bringing into singapore.

the new triton in australia has the variable geometry turbo, 170+ bhp, 400nm stock, but not the local ones here :(

but the nissan is gonna be ex man :(

Cheers!

I was browsing thru sgcarmart and saw this ad on a used Hilux double cab pickup. The dep is whopping 10K/yr which is higher than big sedan like Camry and Accord. What is so special about this pickup truck that can command such a high resale? Bcos it is rare? This amount of dep can buy sport sedan like Euro R. Can this pickup run faster than a Euro R? Ridiculous pricing.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...238&DL=2047

It looks like the 3.0L Turbo Diesel version... The Malaysia and Thai ones are sexy man... :wub: :wub:

Hypersonic
(edited)

this one i also heard from you.

but must check which variant they bringing into singapore.

the new triton in australia has the variable geometry turbo, 170+ bhp, 400nm stock, but not the local ones here :(

but the nissan is gonna be ex man :(

Cheers!

Actually it is in the Sunday Times today, a car special pull out.

For your viewing pleasure. post-1829-1305478683_thumb.jpg

But I agree with you abt the price. At least $100K. :o

But if you based on the depreciation alone, a new double cab pickup is cheaper than the used one TS posted.

Edited by Fcw75

Actually it is in the Sunday Times today, a car special pull out.

For your viewing pleasure.

But I agree with you abt the price. At least $100K. :o

But if you based on the depreciation alone, a new double cab pickup is cheaper than the used one TS posted.

ahh!

Thanks for the info !!

its a nice truck really! stock to stock, this beats the usual triton :) they did a test awhile back on some german channel etc etc, the nissan came out on top of the triton in terms of performance :)

but well, sadly, i think in singapore, the auto one will prob be slightly nicer but prob cost more, the manual one will be cheaper, but totally stripped out. see how tan chong want to market it.

either as a life style or really as a work truck. heheheh

but still a nice truck :)

Cheers!

i also donno

but if your milieage is not high, the diesel saving is not enough to cover

my friend now drving gallant. after trying my one, he fell in love with suv. he getting xc90 bec his mieage is like 300km per week or lesser.

Supersonic

i also donno

but if your milieage is not high, the diesel saving is not enough to cover

my friend now drving gallant. after trying my one, he fell in love with suv. he getting xc90 bec his mieage is like 300km per week or lesser.

SUV is nice but i always find SUV FC very heavy, and also SUV when travel on high speed quite dangerous, due to tall height.