Beautiful Quotes - for people to find inspiration

Park88

Most important people in her life

One day, during an evening class for adults, the psychology teacher entered the class and told students, “Let’s all play a game!” “What Game?”

The teacher asked one of the students to volunteer.

A lady, Aliza came forward.

The teacher asked her to write 30 names of most important people in her life on the board.

Aliza wrote names of her family members, relatives, friends, her colleagues and her neighbours.

The teacher told her to erase 3 names that Aliza considered most unimportant.

Aliza erased names of her colleagues.

The teacher again told her to delete 5 more names. Aliza erased her neighbour's names.

This went on until there were just four names left on the blackboard. These were names of her mother, father, husband and the only son.

The entire class became silent realizing that this wasn’t a game anymore for Aliza alone.

Now, the teacher told her to delete two more names.

It was a very difficult choice for Aliza.

She unwillingly deleted her parents names.

“Please delete one more” said the teacher.

Aliza became very nervous and with trembling hands and tears in her eyes she deleted her son’s name. Aliza cried painfully...

The teacher told Aliza to take her seat.

After a while teacher asked "Why your husband? The parents are the ones that nurtured you, and the son is the one you gave birth to? And you can always find another husband!"

Total silence in the class.

Everyone was curious to know her response.

Aliza calmly and slowly said, “One day my parents will pass away before me. My son may also leave me when he grows old, for his studies or business or whatever reason. The only one who will truly share his entire life with me, is my husband”.

All the students stood up and applauded her for sharing this truth of life.

This is true. So always value your life partner, it's not only for husbands but wives as well.

God has united these two souls and it's on you now to nurture this relationship above all.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Most important people in her life

One day, during an evening class for adults, the psychology teacher entered the class and told students, “Let’s all play a game!” “What Game?”

The teacher asked one of the students to volunteer.

A lady, Aliza came forward.

The teacher asked her to write 30 names of most important people in her life on the board.

Aliza wrote names of her family members, relatives, friends, her colleagues and her neighbours.

The teacher told her to erase 3 names that Aliza considered most unimportant.

Aliza erased names of her colleagues.

The teacher again told her to delete 5 more names. Aliza erased her neighbour's names.

This went on until there were just four names left on the blackboard. These were names of her mother, father, husband and the only son.

The entire class became silent realizing that this wasn’t a game anymore for Aliza alone.

Now, the teacher told her to delete two more names.

It was a very difficult choice for Aliza.

She unwillingly deleted her parents names.

“Please delete one more” said the teacher.

Aliza became very nervous and with trembling hands and tears in her eyes she deleted her son’s name. Aliza cried painfully...

The teacher told Aliza to take her seat.

After a while teacher asked "Why your husband? The parents are the ones that nurtured you, and the son is the one you gave birth to? And you can always find another husband!"

Total silence in the class.

Everyone was curious to know her response.

Aliza calmly and slowly said, “One day my parents will pass away before me. My son may also leave me when he grows old, for his studies or business or whatever reason. The only one who will truly share his entire life with me, is my husband”.

All the students stood up and applauded her for sharing this truth of life.

This is true. So always value your life partner, it's not only for husbands but wives as well.

God has united these two souls and it's on you now to nurture this relationship above all.

Yet another of those so called inspirational stories. Nope, not going to buy this at all. Parents all the way. When you are helpless as a baby, they raised you. Spouse will truly share his/her entire life with you? You hope so but no 100%. I would have boo-ed Aliza loudly if I were there.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

The Mind Unleashed has beautiful quotes everyday.

When the tree fall, all the monkeys will disperse quickly, aka "no one cares about your hardship"

• Praise 3

Yet another of those so called inspirational stories. Nope, not going to buy this at all. Parents all the way. When you are helpless as a baby, they raised you. Spouse will truly share his/her entire life with you? You hope so but no 100%. I would have boo-ed Aliza loudly if I were there.

Yup..this I have to agree wif you...same Sentiment....

• Praise 1

I can understand your feelings.

However, there are people out there who are not fortunate as you. There are families whose parents spent most of their waking hours making money and leaving their kids to their maid / grandparents / relatives. In the end, the parent and child relationship is not strong or worse not there. There are also parents who abandon their children, put up for adoption and worse abuse their children. For you, you are lucky and good.

For me, my humble take on this inspirational stories, like all inspirational stories, are for you to make use of them in your own way. For me, I look at it this way.

Everyone in your life is important. But this inspirational story, highlights, the often neglected spouse or often taken for granted spouse. We sometimes forget that marriage is an on going relationship that needs work all the time. It is not like a furniture that once you buy it, you just keep using it without much thought.

In short, this story, reminds that just like our relationship with our parents, our siblings, our own children, we need to work on it, nurture it, and it can be as strong or even stronger than relationship with those mentioned. It is not meant to replaced.

For some, the husband and wife relationship cannot be improved and that is a fact of life which for them they have to part ways.

For those who are married, and have nurture their relationship, you will realised the person who really stuck by you through thick and thin, taking all your nonsense 24/7, bear your children (if wife), taking care of you when you are sick and down, is your spouse.

In short, this inspirational story, reminds me, that marriage is a work in progress, it takes effort to nurture the relationship which we often take for granted and worse neglect.

Turbocharged

I can understand your feelings.

However, there are people out there who are not fortunate as you. There are families whose parents spent most of their waking hours making money and leaving their kids to their maid / grandparents / relatives. In the end, the parent and child relationship is not strong or worse not there. There are also parents who abandon their children, put up for adoption and worse abuse their children. For you, you are lucky and good.

For me, my humble take on this inspirational stories, like all inspirational stories, are for you to make use of them in your own way. For me, I look at it this way.

Everyone in your life is important. But this inspirational story, highlights, the often neglected spouse or often taken for granted spouse. We sometimes forget that marriage is an on going relationship that needs work all the time. It is not like a furniture that once you buy it, you just keep using it without much thought.

In short, this story, reminds that just like our relationship with our parents, our siblings, our own children, we need to work on it, nurture it, and it can be as strong or even stronger than relationship with those mentioned. It is not meant to replaced.

For some, the husband and wife relationship cannot be improved and that is a fact of life which for them they have to part ways.

For those who are married, and have nurture their relationship, you will realised the person who really stuck by you through thick and thin, taking all your nonsense 24/7, bear your children (if wife), taking care of you when you are sick and down, is your spouse.

In short, this inspirational story, reminds me, that marriage is a work in progress, it takes effort to nurture the relationship which we often take for granted and worse neglect.

I agree that everyone make of an 'inspirational story' in his/her personal way. But one very important aspect of the 'story' is choice, specifically choice between certain persons, including choosing between parents and spouse. Just as the scenario of irresponsible parents can be cited, so can a scenario of irresponsible spouses? Just as the case of the spouse who is neglected/taken for granted can be highlighted, so can a case of parents also being neglected or taken for granted. Between the two, my choice is parents. Any day.

• Praise 1

I agree that everyone make of an 'inspirational story' in his/her personal way. But one very important aspect of the 'story' is choice, specifically choice between certain persons, including choosing between parents and spouse. Just as the scenario of irresponsible parents can be cited, so can a scenario of irresponsible spouses? Just as the case of the spouse who is neglected/taken for granted can be highlighted, so can a case of parents also being neglected or taken for granted. Between the two, my choice is parents. Any day.

So you too have the same sentiment...parents any day...cheers

(edited)

Most people will be delighted to be top of their sport, let alone the greatest person of that sport

Most people will be delighted to be a big star in showbusiness, let alone the biggest star & highest paid actor of all time

Most people will be delighted hold a high position in office, let alone the governator of one of the biggest state in USA, & being born foreigner.

Imagine if some did all of this!

Inspirational video from one & only Governator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTBsVx89Sps

inspirational-quote-strength-arnold-schw

Edited by Kiadaw
  • Praise 2

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

- Declaration of Independence

• Praise 2