Anyone bought Samsung Galaxy 4gb?

Peaceracer

Would like to know if anyone got the above mentioned phone?

Is it true that it only comes in brown and silver?

How does these 2 colours look in real life ahz? Been to so many phone shops to see but no one has one to show, not even the dummy model.

↡ Advertisement

Jus got the phone le but got some qns. If anyone got some clues on it pls help me out k.

1) Can the samsung music player display chinese characters?

2) When i received an sms, my phone does not vibrate in silent mode. Is tat normal?

3) Anyone has experience rooting before? Is it true that once rooted, all paid apps become free like for iphone?

Thanks alot on advance for your replies. =)

(edited)

If you've already done so, go to the Samsung forums in Hardwarezone. You'll find all your answers there.

Jus got the phone le but got some qns. If anyone got some clues on it pls help me out k.

1) Can the samsung music player display chinese characters?

Not too sure about the file name but got chinese characters displayed for the MP3s downloaded. These are in the MP3s ID3 tags, which I had to amend thru' an ID3 editor.

2) When i received an sms, my phone does not vibrate in silent mode. Is tat normal?

Did you got to the settings and set the vibration mode to what you need? Also, the vibration intensity can be adjusted. If you put it at 0 or close to that, it might not be obvious.

3) Anyone has experience rooting before? Is it true that once rooted, all paid apps become free like for iphone?

No, it's not like idevices. You need not root to get Err-hmm apps. Google for them. Root is for changing the phone's firmware or default settings, the default displays, speed, etc.... nothing to do with apps. Having said this, some apps need the device to be rooted. (eg. Titanium backup, SGS kernel flasher, Voodoo sound, etc)

Thanks alot on advance for your replies. =)

Edited by Dwoon
↡ Advertisement