Altis 1.6 or Elantra 1.6

Quantum

Altis 1.6 or Elantra 1.6  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Altis 1.6 or Elantra 1.6

• Elantra 1.6
    • Altis 1.6

My relative just got license at 3rd attempt, after celebration switched mnid to car market, wants new car instead of 2nd hand, now narrow to 2,

1. Altis 1.6, $95,488, 122bhp/145Nm 4-speed (A)
2. Elantra 1.6, $91,999, 130bhp/156Nm 6-speed (A)

In your valuable option??

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Altis for better resale value

Elantra for all other factors: engine, exterior, equipment, 6-speed

no comments on fc

btw the FL Altis rear lamps are really ugly

Edited by Majordan

I will have a hard time deciding too.

Best is go down test drive, touch and feel both cars. See which model he prefers.

What's his priority etc... Eg:Reliability, bang for buck blar blar.....

Dont look at paper specs/figures. It's crap.

I would go for the "Kimchi" ..... the thaiyota old 4 speed gearbox is really a big "turn off" for me.

I dont think the Thai assembled Toyota is as good as those manufactured in Japan. MIK would be comparable to MIT in my opinion.

I would go for the "Kimchi" ..... the thaiyota old 4 speed gearbox is really a big "turn off" for me.

I dont think the Thai assembled Toyota is as good as those manufactured in Japan. MIK would be comparable to MIT in my opinion.

I though Elantra much better than altis in term od performance and relability, how come no market rate? even less than avante [:(]

I though Elantra much better than altis in term od performance and relability, how come no market rate? even less than avante [:(]

its a toyota!!! [:p]

Other than the resale value, my take would be Elantra anytime. It is so much up-to-date in terms of equipment, technology, compare to the outdated Altis.

buy mazda 3 better lesser cheap looking plastics onboard... screw the resale value lah guys... it will only materialise if u seel urself... if u bring to 2nd hd dealer den toyota will suffer more y? Cos they noe gt better n faster chance of selling it off so they will makan ur trade in price gao gao...

Buy car juz buy wat u like, my cousin recently sold his 5 yr old 2.0 JDM accord for 60k...

u noe he went to 7 2nd hand dealerships n the highest offer was only50k...

No doubt 4speed is ancient.

But I find that Toyota's 4speed still able to do the job of providing power and efficiency.

It's like who needs a 6speed gearbox when a 4speed can do the job. Probably BM thinking.

For a 4speed comparing with a 5speed gearbox, You will only see the difference on NSHW. Speed greater than 120-130.

But I find that Toyota's 4speed still able to do the job of providing power and efficiency.

It's like who needs a 6speed gearbox when a 4speed can do the job. Probably BM thinking.

For a 4speed comparing with a 5speed gearbox, You will only see the difference on NSHW. Speed greater than 120-130.

if u wanna save on petrol, 6 speed is definately better.

Supersonic

If based on branding, confirm i will pick altis, even it is a 4 speed car. [:p] But if based on new technology, then confirm i will choose elantra. :D

if u wanna save on petrol, 6 speed is definately better.

Hard to say bro. It depends. My 5speed better FC than some 6speeder. And some 4speeder having better FC than me.

March edition of Torque said that in a comparison of Altis vs Cruze vs Forte vs Fluence, Altis was still the most powerful and responsive despite being on a 4 spd gearbox.

provided engine is big.

↡ Advertisement