Yeobh

Turbocharged

It's becoming more common, especially for Conti cars.

Ideally, we should have TPMS installed.

Otherwise, check pressure every week, pump air every other week.

going spareless is like going commando. after a while, you get used to the insecurity. ^_^

↡ Advertisement

going spareless is like going commando. after a while, you get used to the insecurity. ^_^

yeah my spare is in my bomb shelter

Only load spare in trunk when going for long journey (beyond JB).

Had to use it when I got a nail at 2nd link.

Otherwise in spore I have a can if tyre repair spray thingy as standby (expired now I think).

run flat suxs. i ditched mine and changed to normal. now i hv a donut, jack and kit in the boot. feel better this way, esp going into malaysia. i also hv flat tire inflator in the event changing tires is not safe. all these mpg are mktg gimmicks. a few pounds dun make much difference. go on diet better.

Spare comes in handy when one is busy on road/long driving trip, who dun usually check tyre pressure, etc

On the contrary, it may be good to have one around, most car has spare kept in booth, unless one carry many stuffs, so lifting up to check may be an issue wif lady driver, but it's flexing muscle for guys.

I usually check oil test once a month and tyre pressure bi-monthly early in the morning, topping up what necessary, now will oso check spare pressure too.

Thanks !

to me this question is like Does smoking affect health.

is always a gamble.

people whose does not believe in carry spare tyre likely he wont / do not how to change spare tyre )sorry.

peoples had no problem without spare tyre is we are not equaly lucky.

I always believe carrying spare like insure policy and is at my owm expense。

A spare, like personal insurance, is optional. Some want it, some don't, some wished they had it only at the time when they need it the most.

For me the spare tyre is there.. cannot imagine being stuck at some ulu road in singapore or MY where tyre rupture at the sidewall, n my portable airpump or can of fix-a-flat can't help.. n even if calling 24help are like 1 to 2 hour away.

I have encountered 3 flat tyre before n just used my portable pump to inflate tyres n drive to tyre shops n luckily its just a nail puncture n dun have to change spare tyre

Call me paranoid but for an extra weight off less than 20kg..i'll leave it in my car. But if the extra weight is 40/50kg, then its different story

Last week on NSH I got a flat tire warning 58 km to Ayer Keroh. Didn't know the extent and too dangerous to stop roadside to change, so lun all the way to toll then changed. Moral of story: Spare is good.

(edited)

Run-flat tyres that come only with a tyre repair kit are only good for 'normal' punctures.

They don't work for side-wall or tyre-edge shears.

From actual experience, for side-wall or tyre-edge shears, even emptying 2 canisters of those puncture repair kits into the deflated tyre will not work.

So if you do have to make long-haul trips to MY, having a spare tyre will definitely be a plus.

Imagine having a flat at 11pm at night, along the NSH, without knowing who to call! [:(]

AFAIK, brands like Mercedes Benz (C-Class and above) and Lexus (IS and above) still provide full-sized spare tyres.

These are plus selling points, IMHO - for those who travel up north often.

I've had my fair share of run-flat tyres.

Basically, I don't like them. Road feel is horrible.

Edited by Jolie888

Run-flat tyres that come only with a tyre repair kit are only good for 'normal' punctures.

They don't work for side-wall or tyre-edge shears.

From actual experience, for side-wall or tyre-edge shears, even emptying 2 canisters of those puncture repair kits into the deflated tyre will not work.

So if you do have to make long-haul trips to MY, having a spare tyre will definitely be a plus.

Imagine having a flat at 11pm at night, along the NSH, without knowing who to call! [:(]

AFAIK, brands like Mercedes Benz (C-Class and above) and Lexus (IS and above) still provide full-sized spare tyres.

These are plus selling points, IMHO - for those who travel up north often.

I've had my fair share of run-flat tyres.

Basically, I don't like them. Road feel is horrible.

ya, they make my ride damn hard, i can almost feel any virbation on the road. but my car DUN come with a spare tyres,

i really got no choice but to install back runflat tryes . the car got a warning system to inform me of pressure leak,

but i encounter b4 i got a puncture on my way home, slowly leaking, i park at carpark, still no warning, next morning i go work, damn whole tyre flat, no spare, call for service must tow, waste about 2 hour. tyre shop haven open in early morning.

from then on , my lesson is no spare = die die must use runflat.......

The latest Volvo S60 has no spare tyre. It would probably faster to drive to the nearest petrol kiost with puntured tyre than to try to change it yourself. I bet 90% of the drivers can't do it including myself.

The latest Volvo S60 has no spare tyre. It would probably faster to drive to the nearest petrol kiost with puntured tyre than to try to change it yourself. I bet 90% of the drivers can't do it including myself.

can la, its want or dun want only, in the hot sun, car zooming beside u , u properly gonna take 1-2 hour to figer out where are the tools and how to use them, after u finish , u gonna sweat like u just complete 2.4km run . lol.....

travel NS very often and never left the island without spare tire, repair kit and 12v compressor pump.

if need to reduce weight, should be my "spare tire" in priority..... [:(]

↡ Advertisement