What do they do with MACS?

Philipkee

I have been using MACS for the past few months, thinking it will be more convenient since I do not need to write the white card anymore when going JB. What i realise is that the malaysian customs officer will just take a look at the MACS and then I am on my way. Dun they need to scan it or something? Just look at it? Or are they doing something I dun know?

↡ Advertisement

They are using something more advanced than we can ever think of...............

...............its called eye power!

Below are the steps used in MACS process

1. Hold passport up to eye level

2. The human iris receives passport image and channels to the retina

3. Retina passes on image to the brain, simultaneously it processing our information

4. The brain will update your exit/entry via telekinetic waves to the massive immigrations Server located the Cyberjaya KL

5. For the advanced grade of immigration processors, above steps do not apply as they use bluetooth technology to communicate with the passport, bypassing the need to even handle the passport

Hope the above helps

Hypersonic

I think the MACS is actually a smart chip ..................the counter took just to cfm no need to chop only......................they would most likely have recorded once we pass their custom...........just like our ERP reading our IU ...........................

no leh , ytd i went in , i showed officer my MACS , he just waved me to go , didnt bother to take n look at it

Like that, MY where got security anymore ....... [sweatdrop]

If one found a MACS card, show to the officer and in, he goes into MY ....... :blink::blink:

no leh , ytd i went in , i showed officer my MACS , he just waved me to go , didnt bother to take n look at it

is this for In-bound malaysia? or out-bound malaysia??

what i experienced is.. Out-bound malaysia, i just turn to MACS page.. don't even need to pass the passport to him/her.. then he wave me on already..

in-bound, so far they still take my passport and enter something into computer..

ya applies to both in bound and outbound. But depending on the officer's mood I guess. Sometimes I show them liao then just too a cursory glance and return back, some will take and key in some info etc etc...but all in all still faster than having to chop passport and the white card. Peace of mind too that I do not have to worry if my white card will fall out ( happened once dropped in my car) anytime.

Last visit shown to a minah officer, after she return the passport in <3 seconds her smile was so big and still say Thank You to me...my OC and me think she was [hur]

[laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

same thg here..one time in-bound..one office key-in my MACs.. later when out-bound..the office didnt key-in ..when i ask..he say his PC down..

only one occasion , my out-bound was key-in again..

the MACS say maximum stay 30days..how to track if they didnt bother to key-in?

same thg here..one time in-bound..one office key-in my MACs.. later when out-bound..the office didnt key-in ..when i ask..he say his PC down..

only one occasion , my out-bound was key-in again..

the MACS say maximum stay 30days..how to track if they didnt bother to key-in?

most prob they know you are going in for petrol runs only..

but anyway, they don't key i also happy.. chop chop curry pok.. :wub:

hmm, like that later never get register in the system... on the way out, they say they will fine/catch you for illegally coming in/out of their country.

Is it?

Few times when i was driving alone and the queue was long, i just drove without showing the Msian immigration the passport....

[lipsrsealed]

hmm, like that later never get register in the system... on the way out, they say they will fine/catch you for illegally coming in/out of their country.