Where To Enjoy A Good "Affordable" Steak?

Vulcann

20 Pasir Panjang Road Mapletree Business City #02-15

The one at centrepoint called Aston Prime serves premium beef, very different from the rest

Sounds good.

What about their price?

↡ Advertisement

My current favourite place for a good steak which is not too expensive would be The Ranch Cafe at Lor 27 Geylang.

Next to Aljunied MRT, so getting there is convenient too. Steaks are about $20-$30.

The place is pretty popular with the expat crowd, so either getting there early or calling up for a reservation is recommended.

http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/The_Ranch_cafe_SG1/

Didn't know a steak pl can be located at that area...

Not that pricy leh. And conveniently located.

Sounds good.

What about their price?

For Sirloin is $12, more ex for tenderloin and ribeye but still less than $30

the menu for aston prime is very much different, they serve premium steak such as wagyu beef for $90

Secret in a steak, lies with the beef. Agree with bros who recommended cooking your own. Choose the best tenderloin meat at your favorite market and grill.

Kopitiam at serangoon gardens

Bro, Isteak.

Yes, so far I find their steaks quite good and affordable.

Ribeyes at 18-30, range 200, 300 and 400g

Have not tried the wagyu but heard froma friend it's solid.

Personally find that the Cajun style from BJ (Er...in case you are thinking, DON'T!!) not to my liking so did not patronize it anymore.

Ya agree steaks from J*ck's Pl is the one more towards my taste & I go to their outlets more frequently.

Their price also quite reasonable.

The other one I also go to regularly is V*nes opposite Novena Church.

Their style quite similar to J*ck's Pl.

Yes Vines is value for money.

Grill out at Sunset Way served one of the best steaks I've had at around $50. (Think was Angus... Wagyu was like $80+ I think) They also have black (Kurobuta) pork if not into beef.

For the grade of meats they serve....... it will easily cost double at upmarket steak houses.

If you want slightly cheaper premium grade steaks.... then the only other place I know is in JB, near the former Hyatt Hotel (Now Thistle). Normal steaks are like RM30+. If you want premium stuff... gotta phone and pre-order 3 days in advance. Think their Wagyu is like RM300 per order and serves 2 people. Restaurant is family run and will only see the sign from the road. You've gotta walk down a flight of stairs to the restaurant which is like situated on a slope. Restaurant is called Anna's Kitchen. Their main specialties are Penang fare though..... premium steaks are available upon pre-orders.

Anna's Kitchen

18K Basement, Jalan Abdul Samad

80100 Johor Bahru

+6013-7422168

Thanks. Price leh?

they have a few cuts - think got standard, striplion, ribeye, tenderloin - i cant remember think from about 7 goes up progressively to 16 plus for a tenderloin. i usually take the ribeye, is surprisingly good.

I know there is a makan corner section but decided to ask here since L&E section is more commonly accessed by fellow MCFers & thus more updated info can be gleamed.

Not looking forward to those ex restaurants but cheaper, more "affordable" places please.

So any fellow beef lovers like to share?

kopi tiam by the toilet steak stall is 5 sinkie dollar only gst included

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

did anybody realize that the chefs for all these western food are mostly pinoys? (chinese restaurant all ah tiong.)

if not, how can the restaurant survive with that kind of menu price??

pinoy good in cooking western food, most of them from commercial ship's cookhouse.

don believe? ask them to show you their tattoos.

so if you go eat there, you indirectly supporting FT policy. [laugh]

Edited by Theone2010

Supercharged

did anybody realize that the chefs for all these western food are mostly pinoys? (chinese restaurant all ah tiong.)

if not, how can the restaurant survive with that kind of menu price??

pinoy good in cooking western food, most of them from commercial ship's cookhouse.

don believe? ask them to show you their tattoos.

so if you go eat there, you indirectly supporting FT policy. [laugh]

no pun intended. if u advocate this, might as well eat in cos don't say restaurant. even kopitiam hv prc manning the stalls.

Jeez... you mean the one at International Plaza? :blink: Its still there? Seems like decades ago when I went and it was really empty for dinner.

Cant remember the food but you could have peace and quiet there

Jeez... you mean the one at International Plaza? :blink: Its still there? Seems like decades ago when I went and it was really empty for dinner.

Cant remember the food but you could have peace and quiet there

the one in Shaw House is still there, saw a new outlet at NEX, not sure about the one in Int'l Plaza.

↡ Advertisement