Where To Enjoy A Good "Affordable" Steak?

Vulcann

i 2nd Les Bouchons....  but the first one.... 

any self respecting steakhouse should never allow their steaks to be available for takeaways....

I've never been to les bouchons. but it's usually the top rated for steak frites.

Ah ok.

Went to l'entrecote 2 years ago. thought it was not bad.

isteaks has good reviews for coffeeshop steak.

iSteak at Holland V or Serangoon Gardens' myVillage. $24++ for 250gm New Zealand Ribeye + 2 sides.

They serve other meats and dishes as well.

The 1925 Microbrewery at 369 Jln Besar. $48++ (I think), for Australian Tenderloin w/ Foie Gras.

Beef Paddle $32++ Good enough to have it as a main.

They serve other dishes, their own craft beers, craft beers from other parts of the world and cocktails.

↡ Advertisement

Aston ah? Good or not?

I would personally choose iSteak than Astons. The Steak are thicker and tastier imo.

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 2

$50 can't get a good steak meh? Should have lots of choice mah.

For Singapore, it's not particularly easy.

If i had $50, i would just buy my own steak from one of the butchers and buy some charcoal and lighter fluid and grill myself.  [laugh]

But u can eat Morton's ribeye and split it into 2. That's about 50+ dollars each.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

If i had $50, i would just buy my own steak from one of the butchers and buy some charcoal and lighter fluid and grill myself.  [laugh]

But u can eat Morton's ribeye and split it into 2. That's about 50+ dollars each.

For $50 I can get 4 pieces of tenderloin steaks, 200 gms each, from my regular butcher and my maid will cook it for me medium rare ...

• Praise 1

Cheapest is to go to polytechnics (SP or NP) or Unis canteens. Not only cheap, some are marvellous too!  [thumbsup]

you talking about the steaks or the 菜??  :XD:

• Praise 1

Cheapest is to go to polytechnics (SP or NP) or Unis canteens. Not only cheap, some are marvellous too!  [thumbsup]

So which ones are the marvelous ones?

i did before at bbq...  got a ribeye with the bone still attached... already seasoned...   slowly seared.. sliced off and ate ... repeat.....  sibei shiok... 

• Praise 1

I like my steak on a hotplate leh... sizzling.

actually your steak can't rest in such a state.

Technically, u are more likely to end up with a less juicy steak.

Though i do enjoy it at Jack's place still.

i did before at bbq...  got a ribeye with the bone still attached... already seasoned...   slowly seared.. sliced off and ate ... repeat.....  sibei shiok... 

yup. Though for convenience sake, just a normal ribeye will do for me.

[:)]

For $50 I can get 4 pieces of tenderloin steaks, 200 gms each, from my regular butcher and my maid will cook it for me medium rare ...

indoors very oily and maybe smoky as well.

I no maid to clean up for me lol  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement