DIY VOLT STABLILZER

Cwx7978589

All cars are grounded, otherwise, your electronics all chao tar liao.

Grounding is useless? Doesn't Skoda come with grounding as standard?

↡ Advertisement

Grounding is useless? Doesn't Skoda come with grounding as standard?

Extra grounding is alright for cars.

But is essentially useless as the car is already grounded and is fitted to your alternator output levels.

Unless you modify your alternator output size or add on high cosumption devices(like a generator in the boot with dc/ac convertor) the highly advertised grounding is just a white elephant.

If you add extra grounding using $50 a meter cables on your cpu tower with your monitor and your keyboard do you get a fast, more responsive cpu with HD res?

[rolleyes]

Now if you're talking about sound quality and you want to filter out 50/60Hz interference in your current, then yes, a proper ground and high rate capacitor would 'clean' the shared input for maximised results especially in high harmonics interference enviroments like your engine bay.

Grounding to improve power/smoother/etc.....is crap.

actually all car model comes with grounding...just that the grounding cable is big or small...if ur car is off...the grouding resistance is basically close to 0ohm...but when u start ur car and some electronics component is working for example audio...spark plug...with the present of all these loads...the grounding resistance can be significant. so basically xtra grounding cable will help to eliminate unwanted noise..and make ur voltage more (+). Therefore it helps to so call stabilize the voltage by making it more (+). the voltage output from the alternator is not stable and sometime can create noise to ur audio system. Therefore VS can help to improve the voltage stability. but interm of performance is usually not much... it can only help to resume the original power but by a small margin.

Generally speaking, cars that are used for 2-3 years have oxidized cables hence the grounding falters over time. When you change out such cables, electronics undoubtedly regain a better and complete loop. This translates into 'feel' by the drivers.

Most copper-tin cables now all supplied by China, so quality fade is evident. Japanese automakers are using China cables, so no prize for guessing why aftermarket grounding kits that use more strands per turn or better grade copper can get a slice of the automotive market [rolleyes]

actually all car model comes with grounding...just that the grounding cable is big or small...if ur car is off...the grouding resistance is basically close to 0ohm...but when u start ur car and some electronics component is working for example audio...spark plug...with the present of all these loads...the grounding resistance can be significant. so basically xtra grounding cable will help to eliminate unwanted noise..and make ur voltage more (+). Therefore it helps to so call stabilize the voltage by making it more (+). the voltage output from the alternator is not stable and sometime can create noise to ur audio system. Therefore VS can help to improve the voltage stability. but interm of performance is usually not much... it can only help to resume the original power but by a small margin.

Alternator is basically AC into DC.

Rectifier, diode etc and for stability there's the in-built voltage regulator irregardless of engine rpm operation. Most cars today has voltage regulator circuit linked to ecu for variable load control.

Noise mainly is from the spark plugs hence the insulator shielding and resistor in its core.

Current always chooses the shortest path.

2nd Gear

don't know about VS but grounding really helped me solve my 12v power in my car.

Before installing the grouding kit, i was unable to charge my iphone in my car; got light at the charger but no power going in to my phone.

After grounding was done, I have no problem charging it.

What were the grounding point(s) ?

don't know about VS but grounding really helped me solve my 12v power in my car.

Before installing the grouding kit, i was unable to charge my iphone in my car; got light at the charger but no power going in to my phone.

Alternator is basically AC into DC.

Rectifier, diode etc and for stability there's the in-built voltage regulator irregardless of engine rpm operation. Most cars today has voltage regulator circuit linked to ecu for variable load control.

Noise mainly is from the spark plugs hence the insulator shielding and resistor in its core.

Current always chooses the shortest path.

hmm there r some thruth in it...i have seen few cases people change alternator just to solve the aeroplane sound from their expensive sound system. i believe since the spark plug r properly shielded, the noise should be suppressed effectively.

Supersonic

All cars are grounded, otherwise, your electronics all chao tar liao.

Actually, if the ground is bad, all the electronics will stop working.

Your wiper arm won't move, your signal light won't flash, your headlights won't work...etc..etc.

Neutral Newbie

Generally speaking, cars that are used for 2-3 years have oxidized cables hence the grounding falters over time. When you change out such cables, electronics undoubtedly regain a better and complete loop. This translates into 'feel' by the drivers.

Most copper-tin cables now all supplied by China, so quality fade is evident. Japanese automakers are using China cables, so no prize for guessing why aftermarket grounding kits that use more strands per turn or better grade copper can get a slice of the automotive market [rolleyes]

you are right, after few years our car body was oxidated, so the grounding resistance became big, and will influence all electronics

Neutral Newbie

because your charge cannot get 12V(maybe 6V...) due to the bad grounding consumed your volt

Bro, I think if you only get 6V, your engine cannot even start leh.

because your charge cannot get 12V(maybe 6V...) due to the bad grounding consumed your volt

Neutral Newbie

Bro, I think if you only get 6V, your engine cannot even start leh.

hehe .just guess, use multimeter can check it

Sorry, not many cars come with ground. The "grounding" they use is the chassis since its made of metal and is a conductor. Thus the -ve of the battery is always connected to the battery. the -ve of the alternator is the casing itself. You won't see any cables running around solely for grounding purpose. There are ground points in the car meant for cables to attach to. However, they also use the chassis itself to conduct electricity.

In fact, I have yet to see a car that comes with any form of grounding cables other than using chassis as ground.

Did you measure the voltage before you install the grounding cable?

This is because you are supposed to be able to charge your phone w/o grounding cables. Grounding cables provides a work around but it did not solve the root problem.

Supersonic

Sorry, not many cars come with ground. The "grounding" they use is the chassis since its made of metal and is a conductor. Thus the -ve of the battery is always connected to the battery. the -ve of the alternator is the casing itself. You won't see any cables running around solely for grounding purpose. There are ground points in the car meant for cables to attach to. However, they also use the chassis itself to conduct electricity.

In fact, I have yet to see a car that comes with any form of grounding cables other than using chassis as ground.

Yeap, all factory installed ground use the chassis.

A typical car can have 30 points or more of grounding on the chassis.

These grounds are unseen by many bcoz they don't open up the car to look at it.

So they think the fancy coloured ground wires are the magic cure.

Neutral Newbie

Yeap, all factory installed ground use the chassis.

A typical car can have 30 points or more of grounding on the chassis.

These grounds are unseen by many bcoz they don't open up the car to look at it.

So they think the fancy coloured ground wires are the magic cure.

yes they used the chassis to ground. But after few years the chassis oxidated

So we need extra grounding kit

2nd Gear

Did you measure the voltage before you install the grounding cable?

This is because you are supposed to be able to charge your phone w/o grounding cables. Grounding cables provides a work around but it did not solve the root problem.

Nope never measured the voltage.

Actually I had no problems with my GPS, In-car Cam, and Nokia Phones. At that time only iphone got charging problem. I think iphone 4 really needs full 12v for the power to go in while other devices don't.

↡ Advertisement