Check Engine Light and Sluggish Performance

Kusje

Supersonic
(edited)

HELP!!!!

I was driving home this evening when my car's (Mitsubitshu Lancer EX) check engine light turned on. The car also suddenly became very sluggish and it limped all the way home. I always use at least 95 RON which is the recommended fuel for the car.

What should I do now? Any good workshops to recommend (Alexandra area?). Very jialat.... should I continue to drive?

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

get somebody with a obd2 scanner to read for fault code, do not drive if unnecessary as might do more damage to the engine

Edited by Route

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i had once the engine check light up b4. Must hav the code reader den know wat fault, most of the wkshop hav.

Mine is the throttle body dirty so the sensor light up.

Twincharged

HELP!!!!

I was driving home this evening when my car's (Mitsubitshu Lancer EX) check engine light turned on. The car also suddenly became very sluggish and it limped all the way home. I always use at least 95 RON which is the recommended fuel for the car.

What should I do now? Any good workshops to recommend (Alexandra area?). Very jialat.... should I continue to drive?

Should be faulty airmass sensor or oxygen sensor,can still drive,but make sure engine got oil & water...

Supersonic

Hi, i had once the engine check light up b4. Must hav the code reader den know wat fault, most of the wkshop hav.

Mine is the throttle body dirty so the sensor light up.

I am a first time car owner.... Don't know any good workshops and don't wanna get tok! Can you recommend some?

(edited)

Yr on-board computer has switch to limp-mode drive. Try to get to workshop asap. The limp-mode is programmed to allow the driver to move the car slowly over a certain distant to seek help thereafter it will disable the the ignition and fuel system and completely shut down the engine to prevent damage to the engine systems

Edited by Yeobh

Supersonic
(edited)

Yr on-board computer has switch to limp-mode drive. Try to get to workshop asap. The limp-mode is programmed to allow the driver to move the car slowly over a certain distant to seek help thereafter it will disable the the ignition and fuel system and completely shut down the engine to prevent damage to the engine systems

Ok, thanks.

Then I desperately need a workshop recommendation or should I just go back to C&C? Does C&C accept drive-ins?

Edited by Kusje

Importers have the OEM scanners and they usually have the latest technical service info from makers and therefore are in a better position to diagnose and rectify the fault.

Independent shops usually use after market scanners which are produced base on reverse-engineering infos ( most of the sets downloading ablilities is very basic and sometime questionable.)

Ok, thanks.

Then I desperately need a workshop recommendation or should I just go back to C&C? Does C&C accept drive-ins?

for this type of engine problems, go back to CNC. very expensive but you are paying for peace of mind. dun go outside WS for this problem.

(edited)

It's better to go back C & C as i believed that your car is still new and under the warranty period,

Edited by Jefkking

(edited)

It's better to go back C & C as i believed that your car is still new and under the warranty period. Get C & C to tow the car over to Pandan Gardens @ nominal fees of S$ 40 to S$ 50 from Alexandra area to Pandan Gardens workshop. Don't risk driving over or else your car may stalled or may even further damage your engine !

Edited by Jefkking

Supersonic

CNC work 1/2 day on Sat. so you will be without a car for the weekend

Okay. Will go back to CNC (no warranty though, 4 years old). Doesn't matter if I will be without the car for the weekend.... Better be safe.

Thanks all.

Okay. Will go back to CNC (no warranty though, 4 years old). Doesn't matter if I will be without the car for the weekend.... Better be safe.

Thanks all.

so, whats the outcome?

ever check engine light lighted , my car pickup power was really bad.

I removed all spark plugs and inspect individually.

one of the plugs was faulty(the ground electrode actually bend towards the centre electrode )

I change to a new set of spark plugs, engine light still lighted though.

after driving for about 30km and park the car,the check engine light went off the next time I start the car.

one of the plugs was faulty(the ground electrode actually bend towards the centre electrode )

after driving for about 30km and park the car,the check engine light went off the next time I start the car.

impossible....

what car?.... when how old the car?....

Neutral Newbie

same here but workshop rested the code for me .. mine was faulty spark cable, and plugs hv oil in it due to unburn oil, replaced everything, all fine now.. impreza

↡ Advertisement