Check Engine Light and Sluggish Performance

Kusje

Not true leh. I heard similar stories like Furrynadz about .......... [:p]

Oh dunno leh.

My car still very good condition. Just like all the cars I drove b4.

Never had any serious problems.

Maybe Im just very lucky? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Advisable to get it checked and cleaned.

The usage of the original air filter does not guarantee the TB will be clean. Personal experience. :D

Just that it will not be as dirty as aftermarket ones like K&N or Hurricane.

I usually clean my TB once a year.

So far my car >100K km n still no problems with the TB.

I dont want to fiddle fiddle here n there till end up with all sorts of problems. If its dirty n gives signs it is, only then I will clean it. [flowerface]

Underlying problem waiting to happen...... [laugh]

Tru my past experience, if no symptoms I just leave it.

Once it shows signs of being dirty, then I wil clean it.

Some pple like to do this n that. Clean here n there n after some time end up with so many problems ty feel only hope is to sell car n get another. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Vibrations due to engine mountings are different from those that of spark plugs or dirty throttle body.

So... what does the vibrations feel like? [laugh]

What are the symptoms of those related to engine or transmission mounting

From personal experience, the vibrations will be more obvious during the change in gears.

So... what does the vibrations feel like? [laugh]

One of the symptoms to dirty TB is erratic or unstable idling in your speedometer under which the vibrations are not as obvious as those when your mountings are needed to be replaced.

Neutral Newbie

depends..typically, most modern jap cars came with two 02 sensors, more for conti...if it is second 02 sensor at the cat, then you are safe. if it is the first o2 sensor, then your fc is going to be bad, sluggish performance and misfiring. can you live with that? if no, get the sensor swapped or replace

Any recommendation where to check and rectify the issue. Been bother over it for quite sometimes.

Btw, any advise where can I get original exhaust for my Chevy Aveo beside going back agent (was modified previously).

Thanks in advance.

Any recommendation where to check and rectify the issue. Been bother over it for quite sometimes.

Btw, any advise where can I get original exhaust for my Chevy Aveo beside going back agent (was modified previously).

Thanks in advance.

Like one of the advice, best to get ODBII to check the error codes. I had CEL on my Aveo '05 on my 4th year. After checking, it was due to dying ignition coils. Replaced it and it all was fine. It's a normal wear and tear thing for Aveo.

Hi friends,

I had my MIL (Engine check) triggered today. I used SPC's Levo 92 for the past two fills. And when I ignited the engine this morning, I noticed this amber lamp. Is it related to fuel? A mechanic said that I just need to fill-up my fuel tank with Levo-98 twice and within days, MIL would go off.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Vehicle - Hyundai Avante (2007).

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here hence I can't start a new topic.

I'm driving Toyota Wish 2006 and a couple of days ago the Check Engine Light was on during the start of the engine and it stayed on for about 5 minutes. This is still happening until today that the CEL on for about 5 minutes during the engine start and it went off by itself after about 5 minutes. So during the driving, there was no CEL on.

I read about all the OBD thingy and the need to check, just wondering if i still need to check to the dealer since the CEL went off by itself after 5 minutes every time i start the engine or if there is any other member that have experience this before.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Hi all,

My car (ody rb1) check engine light came on after i replaced my starter. (was done in a small workshop). Can any bros recommend me a workshop in the west tats got the OBD2 test equipment?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

My car (ody rb1) check engine light came on after i replaced my starter. (was done in a small workshop). Can any bros recommend me a workshop in the west tats got the OBD2 test equipment?

Thanks in advance.

Li Hong Auto

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here hence I can't start a new topic.

I'm driving Toyota Wish 2006 and a couple of days ago the Check Engine Light was on during the start of the engine and it stayed on for about 5 minutes. This is still happening until today that the CEL on for about 5 minutes during the engine start and it went off by itself after about 5 minutes. So during the driving, there was no CEL on.

I read about all the OBD thingy and the need to check, just wondering if i still need to check to the dealer since the CEL went off by itself after 5 minutes every time i start the engine or if there is any other member that have experience this before.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

It is unusual actually. U may want to check on it if u really want to take care of your car. But if you just heck care type, I know of some ppl dont care and keep driving until one day the car just die, then they worry.

Sorry for the slow update.

CNC did a check and the diagnostics said that the Throttle Body sensor wasn't working properly. They cleaned it or something and reset the code - check engine light went off and car isn't sluggish anymore. I am to monitor the situation and go back if it happens again.

Total cost: $64.20.

Hi bro. Where u did ur TB cleaned and reset code for $64.20 I am interested to do mine.

Hi bro. Where u did ur TB cleaned and reset code for $64.20 I am interested to do mine.

CnC? If you have read it thoroughly.

↡ Advertisement