Digital Door Lock

Hamburger

I'm using.. Useful. Can change number combi anytime.. Good especially if u rent yr property or got tenants staying with you

↡ Advertisement

Am using..

Fingerprints or Code entry. Rather convenient. Of course other than that, there is also a grille gate for added security.

So far it's really good, except when your thumb is sweaty then a bit leh cheh. hehe.

Am using samsung

http://www.samsungdigitallife.com/Products...le/SHS1320.html

I personally think to get a without handle better. Keep your original door lock. When one go on tour or away for a period of time, then use the original door lock so that u do not return and find out the battery is dead.

model w/o handle also cheaper....... [:p]

I'm now experimenting with using a spare car alarm unit to lock and unlock my house door.

Had some success, but problem is the door gets unlocked when there's a power failure unless I use a UPS.

Door opening and closing using the remote control.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Those staying in HD with digital lock, do you still lock your gate using manual lock? Kinda defeat the purpose of going keyless with digital lock if gate still have to lock manually.

Edited by Ender

Those staying in HD with digital lock, do you still lock your gate using manual lock? Kinda defeat the purpose of going keyless with digital lock if gate still have to lock manually.

At least got increased security. People found out password, you still got key and vice versa.

Cheers :)

Please ensure that the model you buy will automaticaly open when power failure or batteries weak ....... [sweatdrop]

should not automatically open lah... otherwise, door open big big for intruders.... should be manual override options such as key....

I'm using.. Useful. Can change number combi anytime.. Good especially if u rent yr property or got tenants staying with you

digital lock good for home owners with tenants - tenants only used fingerprint to access. Tenants will not have any keys to the main

door or metal gate so in the event of having a new tenant - i do not have to worry about previous tenant to have illegal entry becos

i will delete his fingerprint access.

i dun lock my main metal gate.

Tips - I also print out a small (100mm X 100mm - white Text with red background) photo print and paste on the main wooden - it says "HIGH SECURITY ALARM".

Act as a deterrent not to mess with the digital lock - especially kids.

Tips - I also print out a small (100mm X 100mm - white Text with red background) photo print and paste on the main wooden - it says "HIGH SECURITY ALARM".

maybe amend to...........

"HIGH VOLTAGE SECURITY ALARM" :D

Hypersonic

That I was thinking about, i.e not locking the man gate. Kenna poison by this thread, but was thinking if most of the user still lock the main gate.

Digital lock comes handy when I go for a evening jog, and there's no need to carry any keys anymore.. If only there's a digital lock for main gate.

(edited)

food for thought.........

regardless of any brand, if the unit konk out :wacko:

what is the back up plan to open it???And i dont mean a flat battery....

Edited by Hamburger

hmmmmm................ go Mustafa and buy a dummy CCTV and place outside the door lagi better .... [cool][:p]

↡ Advertisement