Digital Door Lock

Hamburger

How much you paid for it ?? Installation how ??

I didn't use the digital lock. My friend use it and says it's good.

Digital locks are too complicated for an old man like me. 

One occasion during the demo in IT show keep forgetting the password.

I use the good old locks.

1106794152.g_400-w_g.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I do have a few questions for digital lock. It is power by battery right. So you able to reset when battery flat? Memory will retain forever till hou reset?

What happen if the board/chip failed? Able to open or pick the lock like normal lock? I do know some has key overide and the advise is to carry them. So key still safer?

• Praise 1

you need my finger print ? :D I volunteer to provide it

Yeah I heard so, even Your POSB savings account use finger print right? Unker it’s OK lah
  • Praise 1

using finger print to activate lock - finger must be clean and oily eg from cai png

I didn't use the digital lock. My friend use it and says it's good.

Digital locks are too complicated for an old man like me. 

One occasion during the demo in IT show keep forgetting the password.

I use the good old locks.

1106794152.g_400-w_g.jpg

• Praise 3

I do have a few questions for digital lock. It is power by battery right. So you able to reset when battery flat? Memory will retain forever till hou reset?

What happen if the board/chip failed? Able to open or pick the lock like normal lock? I do know some has key overide and the advise is to carry them. So key still safer?

Digital locks have physical key as well.  If your lock run out of battery, use a 9V and you can open it again.  If circuit board up lorry,  use the key.  

What happen if it dies ... how u unlock

Okie thanks

was reading about digital door lock last night.

not every brand (or model) has a physical master key. 

Something to take note of when u are buying locks (especially mortise locks).

The safest would be to have 9V battery connection (for dead battery) and physical master key in case of electronics failure.

Digital locks have physical key as well.  If your lock run out of battery, use a 9V and you can open it again.  If circuit board up lorry,  use the key.  

as above.

bro, how long u been using this ar?

I'm looking at the ydm4109 as well. Seems reasonably priced.

The samsungs have some QC issues.

U can recharge it with a 9V battery.

If circuit board failure AND no physical key type like Gateman brand. Have to get a locksmith to physically destroy the lock.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

was reading about digital door lock last night.

not every brand (or model) has a physical master key. 

Something to take note of when u are buying locks (especially mortise locks).

The safest would be to have 9V battery connection (for dead battery) and physical master key in case of electronics failure.

as above.

bro, how long u been using this ar?

I'm looking at the ydm4109 as well. Seems reasonably priced.

The samsungs have some QC issues.

1.5 years.  No issues so far for either lock.  For the ydm4109, the finger print reader is very reliable and it has an easy to access 9V and physical key slot.  Also warns you in advance when you need to change batteries and changing the batteries will not wipe the settings. 

Very easy to programme as well. 

All in all, a good purchase imo.

• Praise 2

1.5 years.  No issues so far for either lock.  For the ydm4109, the finger print reader is very reliable and it has an easy to access 9V and physical key slot.  Also warns you in advance when you need to change batteries and changing the batteries will not wipe the settings. 

Very easy to programme as well. 

All in all, a good purchase imo.

Sounds good. Definitely top of my list for a wooden door mortise lock.

Samsung got some QC issues.

Gateman is good, but no physical key part is a big issue. 

Sounds good. Definitely top of my list for a wooden door mortise lock.

Samsung got some QC issues.

Gateman is good, but no physical key part is a big issue. 

i am using this, bought from below at kallang lesiure mall.... very happy with the service and installation....

http://l3homeation.com.sg/product/yale-ydr3110/

http://l3homeation.com.sg/product/yale-ydd324/

review on products - simple fuss free product.

review on service - bought 2 sets. 1 to be installed asap (used 3+ years), the 2nd one (2yrs+) to be installed when reno finished. the 2nd one was installed about 1-1.5yrs after purchased and it was honoured. They came and realised the 2nd door was thicker so can't fit the initial purchased set and allowed us to change to a newer one, recommended by them. top up about 200 i think. 

so far no issues, battery life quite long... at least 1 year or more...

Note: which lock suitable depends on door thickness too

Edited by Galantspeedz
  • Praise 2

i am using this, bought from below at kallang lesiure mall.... very happy with the service and installation....

http://l3homeation.com.sg/product/yale-ydr3110/

http://l3homeation.com.sg/product/yale-ydd324/

review on products - simple fuss free product.

review on service - bought 2 sets. 1 to be installed asap (used 3+ years), the 2nd one (2yrs+) to be installed when reno finished. the 2nd one was installed about 1-1.5yrs after purchased and it was honoured. They came and realised the 2nd door was thicker so can't fit the initial purchased set and allowed us to change to a newer one, recommended by them. top up about 200 i think. 

so far no issues, battery life quite long... at least 1 year or more...

Note: which lock suitable depends on door thickness too

Sounds good. But looking more for fingerprint reader one. 

Definitely the service provided by this company is solid. Will consider.

I've read the last 30 pages of the long digital lock thread on hwz.

Probably will get from Teck Tai (sells on qoo10) which is the master distributor for Yale in SG.

Sounds good. But looking more for fingerprint reader one. 

Definitely the service provided by this company is solid. Will consider.

I've read the last 30 pages of the long digital lock thread on hwz.

Probably will get from Teck Tai (sells on qoo10) which is the master distributor for Yale in SG.

they have fingerprint type too... just that i won't use fingerprint, a good to have..... but card is useful for guests that stay at our place temporarily.. so card and code is good enough for me...

i guess you can compare price, however if difference not much, i prefer pay a bit more for better service

Edited by Galantspeedz

Always do research on the functions, especially the fail-safe functions of the digital lock device before you make a decision.

These days you can find pdf version of the full manual with a quick google search.

This way you can make an informed decision better.

eg. for the P178 I am using....

http://samsungdoorlock.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/pdf/full_manual_shs718.pdf

Always do research on the functions, especially the fail-safe functions of the digital lock device before you make a decision.

These days you can find pdf version of the full manual with a quick google search.

This way you can make an informed decision better.

eg. for the P178 I am using....

http://samsungdoorlock.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/pdf/full_manual_shs718.pdf

I was initially very interested in P728 (except the premium price).

But after reading hwz, got a number of complaints about samsung door locks.

Albeit some of them bought from PI.

Circuit board problems. Not closing properly. the pull handle don't work properly after months.

Of course with such devices, installation expertise and user problems are always an issue, but the general feel is that it's not premium reliability. 

Edited by Lala81

My rented apartment in Peking used digital lock.

1 fine day, battery uplorry at 11am. Have to use Meituan Wai Mai to search 9v. Nearby 7-11 don’t have. From there on, my bag always got 9v as spared.

Another fine day, the lock spoiled. Ask locksmith. PCB corroded by leaked alkaline battery. Never use alkaline battery or change alkaline battery every 6 mths.

Other than the above, it is very convenient.

Edited by Davidtch

My rented apartment in Peking used digital lock.

1 fine day, battery uplorry at 11am. Have to use Meituan Wai Mai to search 9v. Nearby 7-11 don’t have. From there on, my bag always got 9v as spared.

Another fine day, the lock spoiled. Ask locksmith. PCB corroded by leaked alkaline battery. Never use alkaline battery or change alkaline battery every 6 mths.

Other than the above, it is very convenient.

what some people do is put the 9volt battery in the riser like what vratenza described.

Other people is they tape the 9v battery to the inside of the gate (can use electrical tape to cover the terminals as well).

[laugh]

• Praise 1

Hi for the metal gate lock, how was it mounted onto your gate? Is it mounted to a steel panel which is welded to your gate? If its not, do you rate it as sturdy enough to withstand hacking?

Previously i enquired with Home Fix and the salesperson said they would mount it onto a wooden panel which is secured onto the gate. First thing that came to my mind was if i'm a thief, i will take a chisel and hack of the wooden panel to remove the lock.

Edited by Sotong1977
↡ Advertisement