Digital Door Lock

Hamburger

what some people do is put the 9volt battery in the riser like what vratenza described.

Other people is they tape the 9v battery to the inside of the gate (can use electrical tape to cover the terminals as well).

[laugh]

Thats a good idea .. or put 1 w neighbour.
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

Hi for the metal gate lock, how was it mounted onto your gate? Is it mounted to a steel panel which is welded to your gate? If its not, do you rate it as sturdy enough to withstand hacking?

Previously i enquired with Home Fix and the salesperson said they would mount it onto a wooden panel which is secured onto the gate. First thing that came to my mind was if i'm a thief, i will take a chisel and hack of the wooden panel to remove the lock.

I saw they mounted directed to the gate . Worst case , change the gate

• Praise 1

Hello guys…

Just to check…

As I was the 3rd owner of my flat… the door really is cui… the gate now is rusting…

Went to HD door and I was quoted 1720 for changing gate and doors with 1 key system (not electric lock)

Doors fire rating is according to HDB safety requirement…

I find it expensive…. Any other lobang….

Thanks

Hi for the metal gate lock, how was it mounted onto your gate? Is it mounted to a steel panel which is welded to your gate? If its not, do you rate it as sturdy enough to withstand hacking?

Previously i enquired with Home Fix and the salesperson said they would mount it onto a wooden panel which is secured onto the gate. First thing that came to my mind was if i'm a thief, i will take a chisel and hack of the wooden panel to remove the lock.

I changed my gate as the old one was very old. The gate lock is mounted on steel panel which is already part of the new gate.

The yale installer had to cut away a part of the panel to install the lock.

In all honesty, the traditional gate lock isn't going to stop a determined thief either. All he needs is a powered cutter or hydraulic clamp.

The question is whether he can do it quickly enough. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Hello guysâ¦

Just to checkâ¦

As I was the 3rd owner of my flat⦠the door really is cui⦠the gate now is rustingâ¦

Went to HD door and I was quoted 1720 for changing gate and doors with 1 key system (not electric lock)

Doors fire rating is according to HDB safety requirementâ¦

I find it expensiveâ¦. Any other lobangâ¦.

Thanks

Waaaa you went there wearing ur gold rolex right
  • Haha! 1

YDR424G - Digital Biometric Gate Lock

How much is this gate lock with installation? Saw your lazada link but can’t really find this model.

Have only installed a digital lock on my door so far. Couldn’t find a biometric Samsung version for the gate about 3 years ago. Back then, the way the secure the digital lock to the gate was to weld another piece of metal to cover the back. I was thinking how to get out from the house and read that you need a remote control to do that...... I still find that strange. I dun wan to be looking for remote in an emergency etc. is this model like that too?

YDR424G - Digital Biometric Gate Lock

How much is this gate lock with installation? Saw your lazada link but can’t really find this model.

Have only installed a digital lock on my door so far. Couldn’t find a biometric Samsung version for the gate about 3 years ago. Back then, the way the secure the digital lock to the gate was to weld another piece of metal to cover the back. I was thinking how to get out from the house and read that you need a remote control to do that...... I still find that strange. I dun wan to be looking for remote in an emergency etc. is this model like that too?

I don't recall how much it was.  I got both the door and gate lock together and the installation was included.  Call Teck Tai and see what they quote you.  They are the AD for Yale but installation will be done by Yale.  

The gate lock comes with physical keys in addition to the remote control so you aren't dependant on your remote.  

39467814_1638001176327502_51597541764560

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 1

Hello guys…

Just to check…

As I was the 3rd owner of my flat… the door really is cui… the gate now is rusting…

Doors fire rating is according to HDB safety requirement…

I find it expensive…. Any other lobang….

Thanks

A lot cheaper than they quote for mine, $3k. And this is not including any digital lock yet. Must hack down the entire door frame and replace with new customised one. My current door and gate also have a gap issue, gate is too close to the wooden door. 

I envy you guys able to install these digital locks. Until now, no solution to mine. [dead]

My P718 have been good since I installed 2yrs or so. My previous Ezon (Samsung PI) was PI also no issue till itchy backside go upgrade to the push pull model (better for elderlies). 

Digital locks are big business in Korea, with impressive market penetration. Samsung has wealth of experience in electronics/digital products (tv/washing machine/fridge/phones etc) which the digital lock is primarily based on. The physical mortise is secondary with not much complex engineering than the traditional lock and key. If Samsung cannot make a sound digital lock with decent QC, not many other companies will be able to do so. 

Yale in contrast comes from long history of traditional lock/key/safes. Digital locks is their recent foray to keep up with the market trend. Do they have the volume and technical experience as a manufacturer to back up the digital portion of the digital lock? I am not as certain. 

Maybe i have been lucky. But based on my own personal experience, I will not hesitate to upgrade to another Samsung digital lock. 

I was initially very interested in P728 (except the premium price).

But after reading hwz, got a number of complaints about samsung door locks.

Albeit some of them bought from PI.

Circuit board problems. Not closing properly. the pull handle don't work properly after months.

Of course with such devices, installation expertise and user problems are always an issue, but the general feel is that it's not premium reliability. 

My P718 have been good since I installed 2yrs or so. My previous Ezon (Samsung PI) was PI also no issue till itchy backside go upgrade to the push pull model (better for elderlies). 

Digital locks are big business in Korea, with impressive market penetration. Samsung has wealth of experience in electronics/digital products (tv/washing machine/fridge/phones etc) which the digital lock is primarily based on. The physical mortise is secondary with not much complex engineering than the traditional lock and key. If Samsung cannot make a sound digital lock with decent QC, not many other companies will be able to do so. 

Yale in contrast comes from long history of traditional lock/key/safes. Digital locks is their recent foray to keep up with the market trend. Do they have the volume and technical experience as a manufacturer to back up the digital portion of the digital lock? I am not as certain. 

Maybe i have been lucky. But based on my own personal experience, I will not hesitate to upgrade to another Samsung digital lock. 

Yale is owned by assa abloy.

Which in turns also own Gateman, the market leader for digital locks in Korea.

So i won't really worry too much cos the yale digital locks are developed by gateman originally.

So it's like VW/Skoda/Seat Lol  [laugh]

You had good experience before, so no issue continuing on. Anyway this lock is also on the higher price end, so probably a bit too expensive for my taste.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

A lot cheaper than they quote for mine, $3k. And this is not including any digital lock yet. Must hack down the entire door frame and replace with new customised one. My current door and gate also have a gap issue, gate is too close to the wooden door. 

I envy you guys able to install these digital locks. Until now, no solution to mine. [dead]

yours atas one ma .....  :D

maybe you wan to 'upgrade' door n gate again  :D

• Praise 1

When I was looking at my door lock, I was looking at this:  YMG40 but it wasn't available for Singapore.   [laugh]  In the end, went for the usual, boring door handle model.  [;)]

ymg40.jpg

Edited by Mason016
  • Praise 1

yours atas one ma .....  :D

maybe you wan to 'upgrade' door n gate again  :D

Too expensive man. Looking at close to $5k just to have digital locks on my main door and gate. Cant afford it.

Actually, I am not interested on digital lock… maybe I think the cost will be high if it is spoilt

If normal lock can change for less than $200.. dun want to spend so much also

Actually, I am not interested on digital lock… maybe I think the cost will be high if it is spoilt

If normal lock can change for less than $200.. dun want to spend so much also

cheapest version 299 nia.... the $100 means you don't have to carry keys out forever.... you decide worth it anot lor...

↡ Advertisement