Bullied by Pinoy at work

Mecontle

(edited)

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=39927

To MOM

I wrote before about my situation whereby I was hired to replace a pinoy. The pinoy originally declined the job offer but later regretted his decision and was not happy about me been the replacement.

He was eventually sent back to Philipines a few months later but his gang of friends (pinoys also) soon began to employ tricks to make me leave the company so that he can make a comeback.

The tricks involved not teaching the skills/info needed to do my job, hostile stares and badmouthing.

The badmouthing went something like this. The pinoys would observe all your movements and behaviors. Slightest mistake you made and they would exaggerate it and spread to others.

I was sick during one period and took medication which made me drowsy and the pinoys would complained that I kept yawning non-stop during office hours/training/meeting and was not interested in my work.

I overheard this when I entered a meeting through the rear door. I was attacked by more than one pinoy but whether it was coordinated or not, I

Edited by Mecontle
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

this is part and parcel of the working world. It's survival of the strongest, esp on this island. Surprised the person can hang on for 8 months [laugh]

Edited by Lamzh87

this guy sent a letter to MOM using the word pinoy?

I was taken aback too. Most likely he doesn't know the real meaning of the term. Read oready I can't help [laugh] .

This guy shud play the game wif the pinoys too. So weak and just allow himself to be bullied. No wonder they can do this for 8 mths.

signing off as Anonymous is rubbish already...

and i seriously feel the writer is RETARDED.....

period.

This guy shud play the game wif the pinoys too. So weak and just allow himself to be bullied. No wonder they can do this for 8 mths.

pls... this letter is rubbish... the writer should jump off a cliff

Turbocharged

can someone tell me if there's a law stating a company in Singapore (local or foreign) gotto hire a certain %tage of locals?

locals = Singaporeans not including PRs!

Perhaps that's why all are against him cos of him using that word "pinoy" on them. :D

i m not the author of the link, just copy & paste here to share, but strangely my company have 1 ex pinoy worker is consider the kind of "eat in crawl out type", after my boss took all the trouble to import him here, lodging + paperwork, after 6mth he jumped ship to a higher pay company

Neutral Newbie

can someone tell me if there's a law stating a company in Singapore (local or foreign) gotto hire a certain %tage of locals?

locals = Singaporeans not including PRs!

there is a ratio quota system to fulfil in each industry.

X number of Singaporeans or PRs = X number of WP holders.

No such rule for Singaporeans only.

Most business will close door this there is such rule.

Neutral Newbie

i m not the author of the link, just copy & paste here to share, but strangely my company have 1 ex pinoy worker is consider the kind of "eat in crawl out type", after my boss took all the trouble to import him here, lodging + paperwork, after 6mth he jumped ship to a higher pay company

this is very very common.. happens to people from any country.. all due to more attractive package.. cant blame them..

whats wrong with calling a pinoy? just as calling an african a black, but not a nigger as in a stealer,

Turbocharged

I don't think Pinoy is a deragotary term anymore.

Even their idol show is called pinoy idol

it may not be a proper term.. but its not a bad term

pinoy also call themselves pinoy... they are not offended by it and use it often