How to lodge a complain against a doctor

Ironstarz

f--king angry, a doc pescribe wrong medicine to my wife , lucky she found out before started using it. How to lodge a complaint against this bobo doctor??

Not interested in money or what just want them to give him warning to wake up or else he can do this to others and especiallys kids and the result is unthinkable !!!

↡ Advertisement

f--king angry, a doc pescribe wrong medicine to my wife , lucky she found out before started using it. How to lodge a complaint against this bobo doctor??

Not interested in money or what just want them to give him warning to wake up or else he can do this to others and especiallys kids and the result is unthinkable !!!

who is this doctor

so we all can be careful

thanks

I think i won't post the name of the doctor la. In due course if this matter blow up then the name will be known anyway. Just be careful when you see a doctor and check the medicine before using it.

Supersonic

http://www.sma.org.sg/services/procedure_complaint.html

Could be pharmacist human error

Understand it was an error , but then honestly i don't think there is such room for much error in such profession. What made my blood boil is that when we call the clinic up the nurse could only say the doctor is off work. Not even the least explanation offered :angry:

Understand it was an error , but then honestly i don't think there is such room for much error in such profession. What made my blood boil is that when we call the clinic up the nurse could only say the doctor is off work. Not even the least explanation offered :angry:

So it was the doctor who wrote a wrong prescription and not a case of the nurse dispensing wrong medicine?

Hypersonic

why don't u talk to the dr 1st.

He probably doesn't even know of the error.

If u're unhappy with the explanation that he gives or his attitude, then complain.

Not fair to judge the doctor based on the clinic assistant/nurse.

Hypersonic

Errors happen whether we like it or not

You have a right to be angry, but i think find out what happened 1st. Is it human error ?

- whether its nurse see wrongly, give wrong medicine even though written correctly

- or he/she wrote the wrong medication in 1st place

At the very least, if u want to complain, having a clear sequence of events helps your case.

take it to the Board of General Physicians & this doc can kiss his license byebye

why don't u talk to the dr 1st.

He probably doesn't even know of the error.

If u're unhappy with the explanation that he gives or his attitude, then complain.

Not fair to judge the doctor based on the clinic assistant/nurse.

Actually should file complain, because the smc will investigate anyway. Be it the doc or the nurse, prescribing the wrong medication is serious.

If found the doc did nothing wrong, smc will let him off.

If found to have prescribed the wrong medication, first time probably a warning. At least there is a record, imagine if everyone does not file complains, when something serious happens. Then you step out and tell the world, yeah I Kenna bad experience from that doc before but aiyah let it slide la....

Multiply that by 10x and you get a doc who is Bo chap.

I heard Lawyers, Doctors are not allowed to fail in their exam. If fail then cannot become one.

This was supposed to ensure the high level of care as the service they administer can be a matter of life and death.

Prescribing a wrong drug is definitely one that should not occur.

I've told the doctor to call me to explain and till now no response. If by today i don't hear any explaination, i will leave it to SMC to investigate. Anyway if he have not done anything wrong, he won't be penalized . What i cannot accept is that upon discovery of the mistake, just because the doctor has left work, he cannot call the patient and explain ?Even the nurse called him to inform him, all he did was just to tell the nurse to pescribe the correct medicine and thats all!! It just show how unprofessional he is.

Yes they are human too but when things goes haywire, do we then start blaming them or before something major happen at least he have been given some warning or been dealt with .

TS, how you know the doc prescribe the wrong drug?

Wife was supposed to be given Nasal spray , but another form of spray for asthma was given . Both dosage is also by puff. As my wife always make it a point to read the content of the medicine before consuming it, she noticed it mentioned it was meant for asthma patient only. And then she called the clinic to confirm whether is it an asthma spray or nasal spray.

The nurse told us base on the record she was given acoording to the medicine pescribe by the doc. Meaning to say she followed the chit that the doctor handed to her. So i guess the fault is with doc not nurse, but then i am still waiting for that doc to explain to me

↡ Advertisement