Pulau Ubin Trekking

Vulcann

Spent half a day yesterday with my 7-yr old gal trekking from the jetty all the way to Chek Jawa and it took us about 3 hrs with many breaks.

Along the way saw many wildlife, some of which were photographed and shown here.

Quite an enjoyable trip for us though it was hot and humid in the woods.

Suggest foks with kids to try it out since now school holidays.

Must bring sufficient supplies e.g. water, food, mozzie repellent

post-5981-1307509172_thumb.jpg

post-5981-1307509196_thumb.jpg

post-5981-1307509214_thumb.jpg

post-5981-1307509375_thumb.jpg

post-5981-1307509392_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

should taste good the subject in the last 2 pictures. with onion and ginger

ya true........but when you try to kill 1 chances that you are going to get a big ang bao by moe

ya true........but when you try to kill 1 chances that you are going to get a big ang bao by moe

cannot catch the boar meh? protected species?

Thanks for posting.

Sorry, I'm a bit sua ku, but how to get there har?

Take bumboat from Changi village? How much does it cost and what time is best to go?

Thanks. [wave]

Thanks for posting.

Sorry, I'm a bit sua ku, but how to get there har?

Take bumboat from Changi village? How much does it cost and what time is best to go?

Thanks. [wave]

The bumboat jetty is a short 2-3 min walk from the food centre and costs $2 per head to go Ubin.

Best time? Try to avoid late evenings I think because even in mid day we were already being attacked by the mozzie force.

Think it will be worst during late evenings.

And on the island they have vans for charter.

We took a van back from Chek Jawa to the jetty and the driver charged us $12.

Not sure if that was the market or island rate.

And along the way, some kampong houses do sell drinks.

BTW not all houses welcome photographers.

Outside a house was a signboard stating "NO ENTRY FOR PHOTOGRAPH TAKING' or something like that.

should taste good the subject in the last 2 pictures. with onion and ginger

Haha typical reaction. FOOD!!

Some of my Malaysian friend from JB told me wild boar must fry with ginger and spices because of odour.

You try before meh?

The bumboat jetty is a short 2-3 min walk from the food centre and costs $2 per head to go Ubin.

Best time? Try to avoid late evenings I think because even in mid day we were already being attacked by the mozzie force.

Think it will be worst during late evenings.

And on the island they have vans for charter.

We took a van back from Chek Jawa to the jetty and the driver charged us $12.

Not sure if that was the market or island rate.

And along the way, some kampong houses do sell drinks.

BTW not all houses welcome photographers.

Outside a house was a signboard stating "NO ENTRY FOR PHOTOGRAPH TAKING' or something like that.

I stay there until im 10yrs then i moved out.......nvm see villager so like that!

where is the house you guys are talking about?

I stay there until im 10yrs then i moved out.......nvm see villager so like that!

Not sure but it is near mid way and on the left side when heading towards Chek Jawa.

IIRC it was near to the Malay kampong.

You stayed until 10?

Might have bumped into you since I stayed near Loyang last time and used to tag along my mum to go Ubin buy huan ah (duck) as a kid.

My only memory of Ubin was that the place was very crowded with attap houses all over.

Turbocharged
(edited)

some short writeup here...

ubin

one day event is enough...

main activities are cycle, trek, pray at the tua pek gong temple, visit the heritage house, visit the wetland, visit the fruits/vege gardens, eat at the seafood... just relax and enjoy the "ruralness" of the island

Edited by Scion

You stayed until 10?

Might have bumped into you since I stayed near Loyang last time and used to tag along my mum to go Ubin buy huan ah (duck) as a kid.

My only memory of Ubin was that the place was very crowded with attap houses all over.

FRANKLY if can i still wan to stay there cos good air and eat seafood fresh ..........etc

too bad hav to move deal to inconvinence to travel as you have to wait for 12 pax b4 bumboat move!

You stayed until 10?

now buy wild boar la.....understand soon the whole island will be wild boar instant of ppl [flowerface]

Not sure but it is near mid way and on the left side when heading towards Chek Jawa.

IIRC it was near to the Malay kampong.

think it the double storey house izzit?

FRANKLY if can i still wan to stay there cos good air and eat seafood fresh ..........etc

too bad hav to move deal to inconvinence to travel as you have to wait for 12 pax b4 bumboat move!

Agree.

Really missed my kampong catching spiders/stream fishes days...

Plus all the fruits like papaya, rambutans, custard apples, guavas, etc free for your picking and these cannot be more organic those days...

For you and those islanders would be a hassle though bec you folks had to take the bum boats to and fro the mainland.

Question: what happens when your neighbours who went cheong-ing and came back in the wee hours how ah? stay mainland overnight?

[:(][:(][:(]

Folks growing up in cities will never know what they have missed...

Until the day guys report for enlistment and those who are "lucky" enough to be posted to army units to begin their adventure of the "great outdoors"

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

(edited)

now buy wild boar la.....understand soon the whole island will be wild boar instant of ppl [flowerface]

Ya and the population of these critters are growing by the day according to the friendly Chek Jawa staff there.

May have to cull their numbers bec they are greedy eaters and devour everything in their path: anything organic such as plants, roots, small animals, etc

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement