• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
178 replies to this topic | 458 praises

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:12 PM

Kiario
  • Premium member
    Kiario
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

anybody with experiences living in ground floor unit of condo or EC?

seem some bad press report about littering from the neighbours upstairs, how bout problems of insects, rats, ants etc, is it much worse than living on top floor?

also privacy, is it true that anybody can just peep into your home and you are not allowed to do any unauthorise renovations such as blinds, etc on your patio?

thanks for all feedback in advance.

Edited by Kiario, 09 June 2011 - 02:13 PM.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:19 PM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

seem some bad press report about littering from the neighbours upstairs, how bout problems of insects, rats, ants etc, is it much worse than living on top floor?

also privacy, is it true that anybody can just peep into your home
and you are not allowed to do any unauthorise renovations such as blinds, etc on your patio?

YES TO THOSE IN BOLD IN RED!
renovations for canopy and stuff, it all depends on the management of your condo.. must get permit one..
大熊填词: 狼鱼爷我嘴累三兵, 盼梦累灰鸡, 后鸡豆我德三, 北东粗以狗宾, 鸡敏� �的熊娶.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

HDB ground floor is still the best, can plant fruit trees and vegetables too.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:29 PM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

HDB ground floor is still the best, can plant fruit trees and vegetables too.

and if ur blk next to carpark, u can extend hose from ur kitchen to wash car rite? laugh.gif

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Asd78
  • Premium member
    Asd78
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Depends on condo....for littering issue, seems like it's much worse for those ulu mass market condo, as the residents or tenants there are not as civic minded...so far most of the condos i've been too are quite alright..
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:35 PM

Mike1234
  • Premium member
    Mike1234
    Supercharged
    Author Image

One of my friend's aunt live at the ground floor of the condo...

Cos her unit is close to the common walk way...

IMO, i feel privacy is an issue...

dry.gif

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

Mightymito
  • Mightymito
    5th Gear
    Author Image

1st storey units have extra open space called a PES(private enclosed space) that is bound by a short 1m fence.

That extra space has not much security and privacy. Worst still litter from above floors. And since they are built at the same level as the outer area unlike new hdb flats, you have a privacy inssue as well. Hard to see in what way that extra space is an advantage.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

1st storey units have extra open space called a PES(private enclosed space) that is bound by a short 1m fence.

That extra space has not much security and privacy. Worst still litter from above floors. And since they are built at the same level as the outer area unlike new hdb flats, you have a privacy inssue as well. Hard to see in what way that extra space is an advantage.

eh.. i never say the extra space is an advantage..
u reply wrong person ah??

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

Kiario
  • Premium member
    Kiario
    6th Gear
    Author Image

eh.. i never say the extra space is an advantage..
u reply wrong person ah??

cool bro, i think he is saying when we buy the ground floor unit, the agent will emphasize the advantage of owning a ground floor unit with the PES.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cool bro, i think he is saying when we buy the ground floor unit, the agent will emphasize the advantage of owning a ground floor unit with the PES.

eh halo.. i not bro leh........ dry.gif
my i/c print female and my birdcert oso say i female..

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

Kiario
  • Premium member
    Kiario
    6th Gear
    Author Image

hee, sorry, just that from the way you always posted, very male-like tongue.gif

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Depends on condo....for littering issue, seems like it's much worse for those ulu mass market condo, as the residents or tenants there are not as civic minded...so far most of the condos i've been too are quite alright..

I used to own one of these ground floor units with a huge patio. My tenant complained that the people upstairs throw all kinds of rubbish like tissue paper, cigarette butts, etc into the patio. Falling leaves are also a problem as the area has a lot of trees. You may think that these are really lousy people living upstairs but the people in the building are mostly white collar ang mor single/couple expats and this condo is located in District 10. So really, it all depends on your neighbours. Wait till you see these so-called "civic-minded and educated" ang mor expat neighbours get drunk, hahaha good luck to you.

Before I bought it, I had a verbal approval from the MCST that I would be allowed to construct a retractable roof (design to be approved by them) over the patio to prevent such things from falling in. I did not install the roof however, as the unit was just for investment and I couldn't be bothered to spend that kind of money for my tenant, haha.

Good thing was, the patio was right next to the swimming pool, really really close up, separated only by a thick tempered glass fence. Shiok man. Sexy living.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hee, sorry, just that from the way you always posted, very male-like tongue.gif

laugh.gif
i know..

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

ah but did you check inside your panties to see?

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:49 PM

Mdfaz
  • Mdfaz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Now i know.. Was looking at the ground floor unit of an EC.. Rather skip it then and get a high floor one.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

Rainbowbiatch
  • Rainbowbiatch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

ah but did you check inside your panties to see?

everyday mate.. everyday...
everyday use soap to wash also.. laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:58 PM

Pltang
  • Pltang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

laugh.gif ur sig muz put big big...
Mitsubishi Colt sold at mileage: 110467

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Big PES is very good for investment, because of the bigger total area of your unit. PES is generally priced as 1/2 or 1/3 of the per square foot price of the built in area. So you are buying at a much lower overall $psf than your neighbours who have totally built-in space except for one or two small balconies.

When you sell out in a big bull market like 2007, as you know, a rising tide lifts all boats.

For example your unit is around 2,000 square feet including PES. If the property prices in your area generally increases by $1,000 psf, your profit is around 2,000 x $1,000 psf = $2 mill (before factoring in agent's commission, seller's stamp duty in recent times, cost of your legal, loan clawbacks, loan early repayment penalty, etc)

And that is how people made their big money through property. I know guys who bought and sold big 4,000 square feet penthouses, profited $1-2 mill or so with every trade they made. All you need is to buy at a certain $psf price and sell out only a little bit higher, so get in at the early to mid to late stages of the bull run also can. You won't be holding long term anyway. Only if you can stomach risk.

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 09 June 2011 - 03:04 PM.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Jasonjst
  • Jasonjst
    5th Gear
    Author Image

also privacy, is it true that anybody can just peep into your home and you are not allowed to do any unauthorise renovations such as blinds, etc on your patio?

You know why , littering in pte condo wont get fine and kena CWO mah ! Can even throw used condoms and Kotex down tongue.gif

Edited by Jasonjst, 09 June 2011 - 03:03 PM.

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:05 PM

Jolie888
  • Jolie888
    Banned

In my previous D.10 condo, neighbor on the ground floor with private enclosed space (PES) - which is right below all the balconies of the upper floor units, complained like crazy about litter falling onto their PES ... to no avail.

You think the FTs care? They just throw!

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Living, ground, floor, unit and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users